Options

Cant believe the South Shows arent sold out...

Comments

• Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    KDH12 wrote:
    If they can not sell out Florida, South/North Carolina how does Alabama or Texas or others expect to get a show?

Do you really think Columbia, SC is the same size as Birmingham, Nashville, Atlanta, Dallas, or Houston??? An Atlanta show would be packed.

I live in Birmingham and don't expect or think it's logical for PJ to come here for an 8k person show. I do wish they had gone to Atlanta or New Orleans.
  • Options
    frogfishfrogfish Posts: 10
    You all act like there are going to be 7 people in the FL ampitheaters. I've been to every PJ show in FL since the early 90's and they are always sold out or close to it. Stop making geography an issue. If I were in the band, I'd rather play more shows in the South just to avoid playing for all you negative whiners in the North. Plus, Ed can surf here without a 9ml wetsuit and hood.
  • Options
    STT757STT757 Posts: 302
    I got tickets for the 6/25 MSG show, I'm seriously considering grabbing tickets for the St.Petersburg Florida show. My birthday is June 10th, so I'm thinking of taking the Wife down for a long weekend. Maybe stay at the Hard Rock or the Vinoy, see the show, maybe head to Disney one day and Wiki Watchie.

I'm going to have to see if I can get a personal day or two, or maybe call out sick.
    Randalls Island New York 9/29/96 - Oakland Coliseum Oakland California 11/15/97 - MSG New York New York 09/10/98 - Key Arena Seattle Washington 11/05/00, 11/06/00 - PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel New Jersey 7/14/03 - Tweeter Center Camden New Jersey 5/28/06, MSG New York New York 06/25/08, Spectrum Arena Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10/27/09
  • Options
    macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,505
    you fools...its not general public yet.

those shows sell out within a couple of days
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    STT757 wrote:
    I got tickets for the 6/25 MSG show, I'm seriously considering grabbing tickets for the St.Petersburg Florida show. My birthday is June 10th, so I'm thinking of taking the Wife down for a long weekend. Maybe stay at the Hard Rock or the Vinoy, see the show, maybe head to Disney one day and Wiki Watchie.

I'm going to have to see if I can get a personal day or two, or maybe call out sick.

my bday is the 11th and im heading to W palm to celebrate
    its gonna be cheaper and easier than going to MSG and I only live 4 hours from NY
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    I don't think I've ever seen such a group of morons as some of the people on this site. As people have already said, the 10 Club is NOT the only way to get tickets, I'm sure there are people in the world who like a band that have never been a member of ANY fan club.

As far as Pearl Jam playing on the east coast all the time, it makes more sense as far as everything is concerned, there are WAY more people in a concentrated area. I saw the Grateful Dead 169 times and slept in my own bed 3 times, there fall tour was usually about 18 to 20 shows and most of the time it was 6 to 9 shows at MSG, 3 in Landover, Md, 3 in Philly (sometimes 4) and 6 in Boston. This cut down on a lot of cost of lugging around the band equipment and all the driving for the crew.

I'm sure once the tickets to the general public go on sales the shows in the south be pretty full. As far as the idiot that live in Utah calling Texas a shit hole, you LIVE IN UTAH, let me see I live in Austin, South By South West just came through and I saw My Morning Jacket in a 400 seat club and Motorhead also both for FREE. I've been to several Austin City Limits tapings in a 350 seat room with free beer, the ACL fest always has a good lineup and I don't know if you've ever seen the women in Texas, but I can PROMISE they are better looking than the ones in Utah.

So yes call Texas a shit hole, but if Pearl Jam plays in Dallas and @ the ACL Fest, I'm sure you won't be coming to such a shit hole of a place
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    I'm just going to say the same exaxt thing I said in the other thread.....

Speaking for myself, I'm not going for several reasons.

This is such a last minute announcement and pre-sale. I've already commited money to other more important things in life (I have two very young children); as well as paying and planning my vacations this summer, which I always do at this time of year. A couple of days notice of these tour dates is rather restrictive.

So if I can somehow free up some cash and stay within my budget, I will attempt to find a ticket and make the Colonial Center show, in Columbia South Carolina.

Or maybe somehow find a way to make one of the MSG shows.

In 2003 the tour news came at a perfect time for me and my planning, in which I could combine my vacation and attend the MSG show, in the same trip up north; as well as attending the Charlotte, NC show.

Not this year. The timing was way off (having already committed money)and I really had no idea or suspicion they would be touring down here, this summer; or playing MSG.

Some things in life are more important than Pearl Jam. I have no complaints.

Just didn't work out for me, this time around. Maybe I'll get lucky and somehow find a way to make at least one of the shows. If not, that's life.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Yes, the Florida shows always seem to sell out. My theory is that there is so much shit to do here, and it's so laid back, that we're not just sitting around waiting to buy concert tickets. It should be called the Procrastination State with all the stoners, surfers, & outdoorsmen. in fact, sometimes they add a second WPB show later because it sells out slowly.

it will be packed, it will be sick, and i hope there's a swell for Ed that week.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Cob wrote:
    I don't think I've ever seen such a group of morons as some of the people on this site. As people have already said, the 10 Club is NOT the only way to get tickets, I'm sure there are people in the world who like a band that have never been a member of ANY fan club.

As far as Pearl Jam playing on the east coast all the time, it makes more sense as far as everything is concerned, there are WAY more people in a concentrated area. I saw the Grateful Dead 169 times and slept in my own bed 3 times, there fall tour was usually about 18 to 20 shows and most of the time it was 6 to 9 shows at MSG, 3 in Landover, Md, 3 in Philly (sometimes 4) and 6 in Boston. This cut down on a lot of cost of lugging around the band equipment and all the driving for the crew.

I'm sure once the tickets to the general public go on sales the shows in the south be pretty full. As far as the idiot that live in Utah calling Texas a shit hole, you LIVE IN UTAH, let me see I live in Austin, South By South West just came through and I saw My Morning Jacket in a 400 seat club and Motorhead also both for FREE. I've been to several Austin City Limits tapings in a 350 seat room with free beer, the ACL fest always has a good lineup and I don't know if you've ever seen the women in Texas, but I can PROMISE they are better looking than the ones in Utah.

So yes call Texas a shit hole, but if Pearl Jam plays in Dallas and @ the ACL Fest, I'm sure you won't be coming to such a shit hole of a place
    Been to Texas; it's the worst state in the union. Ugly and full of people that only care about Texas. Yeah, Utah isn't that great, but I think the women here are much hotter than what I've seen in Texas, unless you like big hair. I've been to Austin it's okay. Could care less about all the indie shows and boring festivals you get. The only thing I remember about Austin was there were tons of bums everywhere begging for change. Free beer is for idiots who drink, which I don't.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    O_G_D wrote:
    Yes i agree with how you feel. Anyone that ever begged to ask the question why the south often seems neglected and don't feel they have had their fair share of shows. I think now the answer is clear!
    Good lord, do any of you goobers own a map? Here, I'll put it terms you can understand, being from Toronto. Say you said, "I sure wish Pearl Jam would play Canada so I could see them" and I said, "You finally got your wish, they played Vancouver, why didn't you go to that one?" would you be able to take me seriously? That's what some of you sound like. (Not to mention the fact we're only talking about the freaking 10C presales here).
  • Options
    cashcash Posts: 55
    Been to Texas; it's the worst state in the union. Ugly and full of people that only care about Texas. Yeah, Utah isn't that great, but I think the women here are much hotter than what I've seen in Texas, unless you like big hair. I've been to Austin it's okay. Could care less about all the indie shows and boring festivals you get. The only thing I remember about Austin was there were tons of bums everywhere begging for change. Free beer is for idiots who drink, which I don't.

Big Hair? i swear to god..peoples only impression of texas is still from Urban Cowboy.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    cash wrote:
    Big Hair? i swear to god..peoples only impression of texas is still from Urban Cowboy.
    Just what I saw; never even seen Urban Cowboy
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Yeah, Utah isn't that great, but I think the women here are much hotter than what I've seen in Texas
    This may be the funniest fucking thing I've ever read in my life.
  • Options
    Cob wrote:
    South By South West just came through and I saw My Morning Jacket in a 400 seat club and Motorhead also both for FREE.
    "We are Motorhead and we play fucking Rock N Roll"

Man, that show was awesome. You're right, I don't think they'll be playing Utah anytime soon.

But then again I'm just an idiot who likes free beer. :)
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857

That's like me saying Utah is the worst state in the union, it's full of ugly mormons who don't care about anything but The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the women are all married to polygamist. I've been to Utah, could care less about Tabernacle Choir and boring people. The only thing I remember about Utah is all the boring people who don't drink and anyone who doesn't drink is an idiot because I do and I love free beer the best.

I think you need to order the Onion shirt that says "Stereotypes Are A Real Time-Saver".

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33210

http://store.theonion.com/stereotypes-are-a-real-time-saver-p-80.html

And I'll order this one.

http://store.theonion.com/i-enjoy-drinking-beer-p-144.html
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008

This is the dumbest post I have ever read on this board.

You don't drink...isn't that just FN precious. Get over yourself.

Please, go marry your niece.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    I can't beleive Hartford has not sold out
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
    Cob wrote:
    That's like me saying Utah is the worst state in the union, it's full of ugly mormons who don't care about anything but The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the women are all married to polygamist. I've been to Utah, could care less about Tabernacle Choir and boring people. The only thing I remember about Utah is all the boring people who don't drink and anyone who doesn't drink is an idiot because I do and I love free beer the best.

I think you need to order the Onion shirt that says "Stereotypes Are A Real Time-Saver".

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33210

http://store.theonion.com/stereotypes-are-a-real-time-saver-p-80.html

And I'll order this one.

http://store.theonion.com/i-enjoy-drinking-beer-p-144.html

That is the absolute dumbest thing I've ever heard. If you want to resort to childish arguments, then leave my religion out if it if you wouldn't mind. And if you do bring it up, at least state the truth. I don't mean to get involved, but bringing in religion is dumb.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,860
    well whoever kept posting in it hopefully got tickets, and if they didn't yet they still can... Just shows how many more fans are in the north, and it's no wonder they don't play the south...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    emc53emc53 Posts: 9
    I am pretty sure that they are playing in the south & nothing anyone said or did made them play here. They probably would not play here if it was not financially acceptable to them.
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i think becuz for so long there were people asking for shows out there and now there are dates and they arent sold out. Maybe the boys shouldve booked a small club in florida instead????? but ya know what MoonTurtle? NO ONE is ever satisfied!!! either way, IM happy for all of the people that have been waiting and BELIEVING for shows near them!
    ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME!!! :)

Tell me about it! I'm FINALLY gonna be able to rock to DA FLOW in FLOWIDA! :p for the first time ever.
    waaaahhhh weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeweoooooooooooooooooowaaaaaaaaaaweeeee
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    cashcash Posts: 55
    a5pj wrote:
    well whoever kept posting in it hopefully got tickets, and if they didn't yet they still can... Just shows how many more fans are in the north, and it's no wonder they don't play the south...

for the millionith time. Fans does not always equal PAID 10CLUB MEMBERSHIP
  • Options
    a5pj wrote:

I like to believe they are kind and caring enough to give all of their fans a chance to see them a bit more locally and reasonably..even the ones who don't live in heavily populated areas. To me, it shows it's about the fans and not just the most money they can make in any given place. Personally, it makes me respect them much more and I'm not just saying that because the Columbia show is very close to me. I would feel the same if they played a smaller town in any state that hadn't had a show in quite a while.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    That is the absolute dumbest thing I've ever heard. If you want to resort to childish arguments, then leave my religion out if it if you wouldn't mind. And if you do bring it up, at least state the truth. I don't mean to get involved, but bringing in religion is dumb.
    Do you even read previous posts before your namecalling? The poster was saying something dumb and untrue on purpose to show how stupid another post was.

This forum gets more ridiculous by the minute.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    they ALWAYS used to play the south, it was only in 06 that they skipped the region and a lot of us were left out because we waited thinking they would announce another leg that never happened. you people who are dogging out the south sound so ignorant. oh well, i'm happy because i get to see my favorite band again without having to travel very far and i could care less if the fan club tickets sold out or not, i got mine and i dont have to come on this board now and cry like a baby about how i got shut out and the ten club screwed me over!
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Dollpartz wrote:
    they ALWAYS used to play the south, it was only in 06 that they skipped the region and a lot of us were left out because we waited thinking they would announce another leg that never happened. you people who are dogging out the south sound so ignorant. oh well, i'm happy because i get to see my favorite band again without having to travel very far and i could care less if the fan club tickets sold out or not, i got mine and i dont have to come on this board now and cry like a baby about how i got shut out and the ten club screwed me over!

AMEN TO THAT! :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    hey Juli

i'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!

FL bAbY!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
    jwillmo wrote:
    Do you even read previous posts before your namecalling? The poster was saying something dumb and untrue on purpose to show how stupid another post was.

This forum gets more ridiculous by the minute.

Haha, whoops. My bad. Yeah, I'll read thoroughly next time. Apparently I didn't catch the sarcasm! Next time I just won't add to the madness.
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682
    Why not? Your seats would have probably been 10x better there.

Well now ours will be ;)
  • Options
    Haha, whoops. My bad. Yeah, I'll read thoroughly next time. Apparently I didn't catch the sarcasm! Next time I just won't add to the madness.
    No problem, religion's always a touchy subject. Hell, apparently on this board, so is the Civil War (who knew??)

This board has gotten unusually retarded in the past few months. I'm sure I've added to the "madness" as well. It's just mind blowing to me how little some people know about certain parts of their own damn country (not you, the other poster). Sorry, I guess I was a little snippy too.

I need to throw on some Yield, that always calms me down.