Fucking back problems

acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I never had them before. Maybe its b/c I am getting old. WTF?
I wear a belt when I lift weights so that should be okay.
This morning I took a leak, bent over to flush and BAM! My lower back goes out. Shit this hurts. My sister has a really bad neck from a car accident and she gave me some peracets last time. But I ate them all . I took two asprine but man it hurts.
Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
Sweep the Leg Johnny.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    This morning I took a leak, bent over to flush and BAM! My lower back goes out. Shit this hurts. My sister has a really bad neck from a car accident and she gave me some peracets last time. But I ate them all . I took two asprine but man it hurts.

You should realy see a doctor. People live with back pain everyday, but they don't go the doctor...mostly it is the guys. Make an appointment!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • You're way to young for that shit! Take it easy....if that pain lasts more than three days go get seen by a doc! Once you fuck your back up, its never the same.
    "It's all happening"
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    You should realy see a doctor. People live with back pain everyday, but they don't go the doctor...mostly it is the guys. Make an appointment!!

I know, I know.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329

Go see a chiropractor. I've been seeing one since I was 24 and it helps. My back is awful. I've tried to get up off of chairs and thrown my back out. Back pain is the worst thing ever. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • I never had them before. Maybe its b/c I am getting old. WTF?

Be careful and maybe see a doctor.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    perocet's
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    perocet's

I watching the clock to see how long that would take.
    I try not to touch those. :)
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    I watching the clock to see how long that would take.
    I try not to touch those. :)

honestly,,i have problems also ..and i never wanted to see a chiro

but i figure how much worse can they make it,,so im gonna see one

try not to touch those?? hey man if they help ....
  • See the doc, get it healed, then start doin' deadlifts.
    Saturnal wrote:
    See the doc, get it healed, then start doin' deadlifts.

Deadlifts? Is that the key to making it strong?
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    start doing yoga ... or if that isn't your cup of tea - start exercising your core ... back problems can be attributed to poor supportive muscles like your abs and obliques ...
  • I've had back surgery.....here's what I have learned...

Only see a chiropracter that uses the micro adjustment method... Don't go to those that manhandle you till your bones pop...not good

Pain meds only mask the problem...stay off your feet...lay on your stomach...take anti inflamatories.

When your back heals be sure to do your hamstring stretches every morning, this really helps prevent future back problems. You also need to strengthen your abdominal muscles, this takes the strain off your lower back...

Always use your legs when lifting anything, never bend over to pick up anything.
    the Minions
  • Deadlifts? Is that the key to making it strong?
    They definitely strengthen your lower back muscles, which I think helps prevent injury there yeah...my back used to hurt a lot before I started doing them. It's the best lift to do imo. Deadlifts and squats.
  • And as others pointed out...work your core...the abs.
  • Royals32Royals32 Posts: 160
    polaris wrote:
    start doing yoga ... or if that isn't your cup of tea - start exercising your core ... back problems can be attributed to poor supportive muscles like your abs and obliques ...

Yoga definitely works for core strengthening. I used to go to the chiro and it definitely helps for the first 3 days that you can't even put your socks on but I equate the chiro to trying to close a door with a crooked frame. You can slam it as hard as you need to to get it closed, but you're not addressing the problem.
    #==(o )

You are not your job.
    You are not how much money you have in the bank.
    You are not the car you drive.
    You are not the contents of your wallet.
    You are not your fucking khakis.
  • another back surgery patient here, and I'll tell you what I learned as well.

First, Chiropractors, have gone to them all my life and I went to a new one right before I ended up in the hospital. They can be good, but like someone else mentioned here, go to a low-impact chiropractor. This would be one who doesn't use all that bending and crunching, usually uses an instrument called an activator. And NEVER let a chiropractor adjust you without x-rays first. This was the lesson I learned.

Physical therapy is much better for you. Go see a doctor and they cand refer you to one if your insurance requires that.

I echo all the advice of strengthen your core! Yoga, pilates, even doing walking while focusing on your core. That's key to keeping a healthy back.

Also, for the pain right now, try icing the area that is in pain. Lay on your stomach and put the ice on your back. It does help.

Good luck! Back pain sucks!
    "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."

10/21/06 & 10/22/06 (Bridge Shows)
  • Potential back surgery here (Previous neck surgery) One very important thing to remember----no heat for at least 3 days. After that, a Thermacare heat patch can help. But just ice for the fist 72 hours
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I think I need a new mattress my lower back hurts so bad during the night it wakes me up !

I get up and feel like I'm an old man

I definitely need to exercise

Anyone see that P90X workout ?

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/best_sellers/p90x.do
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • worlieworlie Posts: 64
    be careful with those pain pills, esp if not prescribed.
    i hear the theme to "Intervention"
    i knelt and emptied the mouth of every PUG around...

7/5/98 dallas, 10/14/00 houston, 10/15/00 houston, 10/17/00 dallas, 4/5/03 san antonio, 4/6/03 houston, 6/9/03 dallas, 10/8/04 kissimmee
  • I think I need a new mattress my lower back hurts so bad during the night it wakes me up !

I get up and feel like I'm an old man

I definitely need to exercise

Anyone see that P90X workout ?

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/best_sellers/p90x.do

I really want to get a Temper-Pedic. That's a lotta scratch though
    Eralier today I looked up Core training exercises. Found some good nes that helped stretch me out. Then I worked out and felt great so far.
    I think I am gonna start trying Yoga. My wife bought a DVD of it a few years ago and its still has not been open.LOL

Thanks for all the advice guys!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    Free-hand serpent stretches are what have been keeping me walking so far. That's where you lie on your belly and then lift your torso up into the air like a snake. If you can do it free-handed, that's great. It's a great way to breathe life back into those lower back muscles.

Also, watch the amounts of tylenol and NSAIDs (i.e., ibuprofen) because they will fry your liver and kidneys. The ibuprofen will put holes in your stomach. Percocets do have tylenol, but I forget how much. I know they're not as bad as vicodin.

I would ask for an MRI to see if you have anything going on with your discs. I used to have a health care provider for years that told me to "deal with it" without ever recommending physical therapy or an MRI. I hope you don't end up in that situation.
  • imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    Take Motrin (anti-inflammatory)
    hot pack for 20 mins several times of day for two days
    should improve
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    i have back pains also.

and also butt pains.
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • I never had them before. Maybe its b/c I am getting old. WTF?

Lots of sit-ups and hyper extensions for your back. Solidify your entire core.

Learn to love these types of exercises like nothing else. Also skip the belt, it's a crutch to keeping your core from gaining it's true potential. And also skip the exercises that force you to need a belt until your core is focused on and made solid.

You don't want them to slice around with knives in there if you can help it.

I'm no doctor, you never know, get an MRI and discuss, but focus on strengthening the lower back and stomach muscles a bunch more first over a period of a few months (or longer) before finally deciding.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • I dont remember the technical name of it but my L5 is "floating" meaning it is not fully attached to the "back bone portion" that wraps around the spinal cord. Doc says surgery is needed asap but a second opinion says to wait and watch. I would be out of work for quite a bit plus it would never be 100% anyways
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • I'm in the same boat- I had back problems in the past, and then I was rear ended about a month and a half ago, and my back has gotten much worse since then. I've just been so busy with work and house stuff that I haven't gotten a chance to go to the doctor, I've just been using heating pads and dealing with the pain. I've been doing more stretching exercises lately to try to help the pain but so far it hasn't helped much.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    my dad had his back thrown out 9 years ago while riding the mower...

never been the same since.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • you don't realize how much you actually use your back until you are on the floor in excruciating pain trying to find a comfortable position
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • I have upper back pain, it's been like that for a few days now. Ow painful!