Options

Microwaves are bad news!!

Comments

• Options
    chromiam wrote:
    if its not about fear than what is it about??? If I have questions about something, I research it, get a nice amount of info on the topic and make an informed decision. I don't make uninformed comments or generic assumptions based on one or two things that I heard.

As for not using your cell phone because it can cause ailments, well it still emits the same energy waves whether you have it on and are talking on it or its on and sitting in your pocket.

if you have a gut feeling about something and follow it, thats fine. I trust my gut but I also trust my informed decision making skills.
    Well I dunno about you, but i'm not a scientist and I don't believe everything I'm told. You can find research to support almost ANY kinda opinion... so it's up to you to choose whether to believe either of them... or just take no chances.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Well I dunno about you, but i'm not a scientist and I don't believe everything I'm told. You can find research to support almost ANY kinda opinion... so it's up to you to choose whether to believe either of them... or just take no chances.

well actually I am.... And that's why I said you take in a nice amount of info (both sides) and make an informed decision. You don't need to be a scientist to know that if relatives on your dad's side have high blood pressure then there is a strong possibility that you will too, no matter how you eat.

If you take no chances, then you must live in a bubble and never leave the house because I don't know about you but I take a chance ever time I walk out my front door and sometimes before I even make it to the door.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    well actually I am.... And that's why I said you take in a nice amount of info (both sides) and make an informed decision. You don't need to be a scientist to know that if relatives on your dad's side have high blood pressure then there is a strong possibility that you will too, no matter how you eat.

If you take no chances, then you must live in a bubble and never leave the house because I don't know about you but I take a chance ever time I walk out my front door and sometimes before I even make it to the door.
    But I HAVE taken in a nice amount of information on BOTH sides and decided that BOTH are insufficient to satisfy me so I'm staying away from it, thought that's pretty simple :)

I didn't say I don't take ANY chances... but there are some things that I don't trust. We're all different, all have different likes, dislikes, beliefs, whatever! You choose to trust the microwave, my jury's still out, so I don't.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    But I HAVE taken in a nice amount of information on BOTH sides and decided that BOTH are insufficient to satisfy me so I'm staying away from it, thought that's pretty simple :)

Well if you can't trust the World Health Organization, who can you trust?
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    When my mom was really sick we went to this place in Florida called Hippocrates Health Institute. They CURE cancer and work miracles (sometimes) by eating a very strange diet... They do shots of wheat grass, drink green drinks that are blended up sprouts, cucumbers, and other healthy raw veggies, and all they eat is raw vegetables (mostly sprouts)
    While she was there I learned a lot about diet and since the first day she went there, I learned about microwaves and stopped using them completely. It has now been a year since I've used a microwave... I use my quessadilla machine almost dailey and the oven/stove for everything else...
    I remember them saying using a microwave is like having a nuke go off in your insides...

Did they cure your mom?
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Well if you can't trust the World Health Organization, who can you trust?
    huh? You can trust them? Since when?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Nobody cares???
    OK. see ya in the promise land!
    I did my research on this a while back. ANY cooking kills nutrients in food. Thats why you get the most out of raw meats and vegetables... As long as you set your microwave on low power, it is no different than cooking a meal on the stove..

Cooking is actually quite a new invention in the human evolution. It is not necessary, but makes the food taste good... all a microwave does is send micro waves into your food which cause the water molecules to violently bounce around an heat up.. nothing bad is left inside of your food. The waves leave it as quickly as they enter, but the cooking kills off some of the nutrients, again same with old fashioned cooking.

The problem is not the microwave, but what they put into prepackaged food, microwaved or cooked the old fashioned way..
  • Options
    huh? You can trust them? Since when?
    I'm jokin' Helen.
    WHO says there's no evidence to support any negative health effects from microwaves (or cell phones, or power lines (although they're not completely convinced of power lines yet)).
  • Options
    I prefer to heat and cook my food the natural way with very low frequency infra red. The exact same thing the sun gives off that provides life on earth. That's natural. Blasting your food with high frequency noise is too violent and destructive to subject someting that is going to go inside and become you imo.

It's just unnatural anyway you look at it. It's a lazy person device.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    I'm jokin' Helen.
    WHO says there's no evidence to support any negative health effects from microwaves (or cell phones, or power lines (although they're not completely convinced of power lines yet)).
    but don't you understand... I don't want any evidence. I believe in god for fuck sake :D ... if I get a headache from being on the mobile for too long, well I'll calm down with using it. And if they're not completely convinced, how can they make a statment like that?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

It's just unnatural anyway you look at it.
    THAT'S what I want to say.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    1. microwaved food sucks.

2. i do not use the microwave. ever. for anything.

3. you eat approx 70,000 meals in your lifetime... why not prepare them the right way

4. i like food. so i dont destroy it by "nuking" it
  • Options
    but don't you understand... I don't want any evidence. I believe in god for fuck sake :D ... if I get a headache from being on the mobile for too long, well I'll calm down with using it. And if they're not completely convinced, how can they make a statment like that?
    Their statement is more along the lines of 'current studies show there is no evidence as of yet, but further studies are ongoing blah blah blah'
    See, if you get a headache from being on the phone too long, tell the person on the other end to stop yelling ;)
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i don't use a microwave simply because food tastes like shit out of it.

i'd rather take the extra time and cook the item in the oven so it can be nice and crispy rather than mushy.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    The problem is not the microwave, but what they put into prepackaged food, microwaved or cooked the old fashioned way..

There you go....

Wonder how many people who don't use microwave ovens actually grill their food instead. And in case you didn't hear, consuming large amounts of grilled food can cause cancer.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    I make toast in the microwave.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    There's no new evidence on microwaves, so the people (and organizations) that claim they are safe continue to do so to cover their asses.

People will go to such great lengths and spend a lot of time to do things (hobbies, job, TV, etc) but overlook the most vital part of all...what they actually consume that inevitably becomes them on the most fundamental physical level. Everything else in life is trivial in my opinion, the physical self is pretty much the most important thing you are right now. It's a shame some people only interested in spinning a buck have distorted that vision for a great many people.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    There you go....

Wonder how many people who don't use microwave ovens actually grill their food instead. And in case you didn't hear, consuming large amounts of grilled food can cause cancer.

It's from the burnt pieces that sear on the grill. Overcooking food in general, or subjecting food to high or harsh or drastic processes causes cancer(s) in general.

The concept is harshness of preparation. Heat should be applied slowly and in moderation. The best case is scenario no cooking at all. Raw and natural. Same reason why boiling v.s. steaming makes such a difference in nutritional value.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    There's no new evidence on microwaves, so the people (and organizations) that claim they are safe continue to do so to cover their asses.

People will go to such great lengths and spend a lot of time to do things (hobbies, job, TV, etc) but overlook the most vital part of all...what they actually consume that inevitably becomes them on the most fundamental physical level. Everything else in life is trivial in my opinion, the physical self is pretty much the most important thing you are right now. It's a shame some people only interested in spinning a buck have distorted that vision for a great many people.
    Define 'new' evidence.
    The 'new' evidence points to a microwave being harmful if you burn yourself because you cooked something too hot in there.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Define 'new' evidence.
    The 'new' evidence points to a microwave being harmful if you burn yourself because you cooked something too hot in there.

Something scientific about microwaves with regards to quantum physics or DNA composition would probably be the catalyst that would allow people to safely discard their previous findings and not draw criticism or repercussions.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Something scientific about microwaves with regards to quantum physics or DNA composition would probably be the catalyst that would allow people to safely discard their previous findings and not draw criticism or repercussions.
    What previous findings?
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    What previous findings?

The ones saying microwave use is perfectly fine and does not affect food adversely in any way. Just looking at the semantics of the process itself, that statement doesn't line up for me.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    The ones saying microwave use is perfectly fine and does not affect food adversely in any way. Just looking at the semantics of the process itself, that statement doesn't line up for me.
    Did you even read the link I posted?
  • Options
    If Microwaves were bad, god wouldn't have invented them.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Did you even read the link I posted?

What about it? What the food itself is subjected to is what I'm talking about not the operation(s) of device itself.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    If Microwaves were bad, god wouldn't have invented them.

Just like George Bush... lol

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    What about it? What the food itself is subjected to is what I'm talking about not the operation(s) of device itself.
    They talk about microwaved food.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    They talk about microwaved food.

There's a billion articles out there. Regardless of the pro/con argument remains the reality of how the food is being prepared is what I'm saying.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    There's a billion articles out there. Regardless of the pro/con argument remains the reality of how the food is being prepared is what I'm saying.
    Right, so you don't trust microwaves, others do, 'nuff said, argument done.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Right, so you don't trust microwaves, others do, 'nuff said, argument done.

It took you this long to determine that? ouch bro...

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")