Options

Microwaves are bad news!!

acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Ok so I do not have a link for you b/c one, I read it in a book of mine called
"Politically Incorrect Nutrition" by Michael Barbee CDC. and two,
if i did i can never get it right on linking.
Anyway,
A lot of people are getting cancer these days, more then ever. we are finding out now how most of it comes from the microwave. It is also one of the reasons why we have a huge obesity problem in the US. Russia banned the Microwave in the 70's and there was talk about it here but you most likely never heard about it b/c the big companies who made them said it was slander bla bla bla so it did not last.
Basiclly, it kills any and all nutrition in the food you put in it so in turn you are eating an empty piece of meat filled with carcinogens. All the nutrition is gone.
It's funny b/c I never thought about food like this until i found out that I had I blood Pressure at 30 years old. Its in my family, I had to go on meds for it. Way to young for that, so I changed my diet, worked out more and now I am almost off them for good.
Also, all the popular new quick microwave foods they sell now are filled with tons and tons of Sodium. This give you hypertension, and many other problems in your body. Bad bad bad.
Whenever possible, use the toster or warmn it up in a pan on the stove.

I am sure people from other countries in here know what I am talking about. No other country uses the microwave as much as we do.
Hope that helps.
Oh, another great book is called "The truth about Food" by Dr. Mehmet Oz.
Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
Sweep the Leg Johnny.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Nobody cares???
    OK. see ya in the promise land!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    They may be killers but they cut so much waiting around time when you are hungry.

In all seriousness though, ive never ever thought that microwaved food would be good for you, but ill still use them now and again. If the microwaved foods dont get me, something else will. I might turn down an offer of a microwave quarter pounder and then get whacked by a bus when i leave the house. Im not being totally naive or ignorant of the health issues, and i hardly ever eat microwave packet meals, but ill still use them for heating stuff up if i come home late for work or something.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    I care.
    I was just commenting the other day that it seems like everybody who dies is dying from cancer.
    common sense should dictate that microwaves are bad. sadly i still use them.
    cell phones are horrible too. in the coming years you will see a lot of people with tumors. sometimes technology sucks.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I care.
    I was just commenting the other day that it seems like everybody who dies is dying from cancer.
    common sense should dictate that microwaves are bad. sadly i still use them.
    cell phones are horrible too. in the coming years you will see a lot of people with tumors. sometimes technology sucks.

Haven't scientists already confirmed cell phones can't give you tumors?
    Stop cooking food in shoddy plastic in the microwave and you should be ok ;)
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    When my mom was really sick we went to this place in Florida called Hippocrates Health Institute. They CURE cancer and work miracles (sometimes) by eating a very strange diet... They do shots of wheat grass, drink green drinks that are blended up sprouts, cucumbers, and other healthy raw veggies, and all they eat is raw vegetables (mostly sprouts)
    While she was there I learned a lot about diet and since the first day she went there, I learned about microwaves and stopped using them completely. It has now been a year since I've used a microwave... I use my quessadilla machine almost dailey and the oven/stove for everything else...
    I remember them saying using a microwave is like having a nuke go off in your insides...
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    I remember them saying using a microwave is like having a nuke go off in your insides...
    You mean eating the food cooked in a microwave?
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-131605866.html

and all prepacked food contains alot of sodium, whether you heat it in a microwave or in a conventional oven.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-131605866.html

and all prepacked food contains alot of sodium, whether you heat it in a microwave or in a conventional oven.
    At least there's one other person here who doesn't believe the hype ;)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Haven't scientists already confirmed cell phones can't give you tumors?
    Stop cooking food in shoddy plastic in the microwave and you should be ok ;)

maybe, but it's also been confirmed that scientists can be wrong. especially when something is making billions for somebody.
  • Options
    maybe, but it's also been confirmed that scientists can be wrong. especially when something is making billions for somebody.
    Possible, but I'll go with the WHO on this one.
  • Options

and yet they are totally right on global warming which will make billions for companies and shift billions more from the oil industry...
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    Moderation is the key to everything in life.
  • Options
    Damn you Hot Pockets!!!
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    Damn you Hot Pockets!!!
    LOL
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Mine is a paperweight. I haven't microwaved a single thing in over 3 years...never plan to again ever.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Mine is a paperweight. I haven't microwaved a single thing in over 3 years...never plan to again ever.
    Then why keep it? Do you live in a wind tunnel? Seems like a pretty clunky paper weight. :)
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    We use microwaves to heat water, soften butter, reheat leftovers once in a while (hardly ever), pop popcorn. I also make popcorn on the stovetop. It just depends on how lazy I'm feeling. I don't buy frozen, pre-packaged meals. We make everything here, from scratch, so I don't have much reason to use the microwave. I work with a bunch of organic-eating, anti-microwave-ites that have tried to convince me to eat like them, but I refuse.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    We use microwaves to heat water, soften butter, reheat leftovers once in a while (hardly ever), pop popcorn. I also make popcorn on the stovetop. It just depends on how lazy I'm feeling. I don't buy frozen, pre-packaged meals. We make everything here, from scratch, so I don't have much reason to use the microwave. I work with a bunch of organic-eating, anti-microwave-ites that have tried to convince me to eat like them, but I refuse.
    The microwave doesn't kill all the nutrients and replace them with carcinogens anyway.
    If you (not you, Crazy Mary, but anyone) put crap in the microwave, it's still gonna be crap when it comes out :P
    The microwave basically gets used to heat peas and leftovers in my house.
  • Options
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    Then why keep it? Do you live in a wind tunnel? Seems like a pretty clunky paper weight. :)

hehe I have the counter space, and it actually looks nice in the kitchen as an appliance. It's a convienience option for guests, but I myself never rape any of the the food I eat with it. heh.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    it's strange... I was just talking to one of the foremen yesterday about how brilliant asbestos was when IT was around :( and wondering what it is that we now use on a daily basis that's gonna be killing us all off in 20/30 years. As little as I use microwaves anyway, I think I'm gonna cut it out completely. I also talk on my mobile phone as little as possible. I know several people who'd get really bad headaches if they're on it for a while. Any modern stuff that uses invisible rays or waves, my jury's still out.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I see more and more of a strong case that says they are bad. I also hear some say its over reacting.

I say, if there is enough debate about.......why take a chance. If you are right and they are bad then I saved my life. If they are safe then no harm no foul
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    I see more and more of a strong case that says they are bad. I also hear some say its over reacting.

I say, if there is enough debate about.......why take a chance.
    Because there is debate about near everything.
    Think of an apple. For the amount of time it took your brain to visualize an apple is the amount of time it takes for a microwave to dissipate.
    Now look at your microwave (assuming you still have one). See the metal holed grate on the door? Metal reflects microwaves, and the grate on the door is designed so that the holes in the grate are smaller than the wavelength of the microwave, meaning it can't pass through the door.
    So unless your microwave is broken, you're safe.
    I think the debate should focus more on what kind of garbage people are cooking with their microwave, (then blaming the microwaves for turning their nutritious hot pockets into a chemical feast).

Either way, use it or don't use it, it's your choice.
  • Options

I say, if there is enough debate about.......why take a chance. If you are right and they are bad then I saved my life. If they are safe then no harm no foul
    I completely agree.

If I have doubts about something, regardless of what anyone says, I'll listen to my doubts. As for over reacting... they probably said that when the asbestos thing came out too.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    everything causes cancer... you gotta go somehow. ;)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    I think the debate should focus more on what kind of garbage people are cooking with their microwave, (then blaming the microwaves for turning their nutritious hot pockets into a chemical feast).

there you go....

caveman fear all these new technologies which caveman cannot see or even fathom being real. caveman scared by the magic with which metal box can heat up water and food ;)

Admin

• Options
    chromiam wrote:
    there you go....

caveman fear all these new technologies which caveman cannot see or even fathom being real. caveman scared by the magic with which metal box can heat up water and food ;)
    I'm just a simple caveman, and this strange metal box that makes my food warm confuses me and makes me want to hop into my BMW and just drive off into the mountains.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    there you go....

it ain't really about fear... its just if ya don't like something, don't use it! It's all well and good with the big man talk putting others down... hopefully you won't be laughing on the other side of your face in years to come :o .

Who knows? None of us!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    it ain't really about fear... its just if ya don't like something, don't use it! It's all well and good with the big man talk putting others down... hopefully you won't be laughing on the other side of your face in years to come :o .

Who knows? None of us!

if its not about fear than what is it about??? If I have questions about something, I research it, get a nice amount of info on the topic and make an informed decision. I don't make uninformed comments or generic assumptions based on one or two things that I heard.

As for not using your cell phone because it can cause ailments, well it still emits the same energy waves whether you have it on and are talking on it or its on and sitting in your pocket.

if you have a gut feeling about something and follow it, thats fine. I trust my gut but I also trust my informed decision making skills.

Admin