Things You Consumed As A Child...

Comments

• There was this girl in kindergarten who used to eat glue, and this one time, a kid snorted a pebble. It took the teacher a few hours to get it out. GROSS! eekkk

I ate toilet paper, newspaper, regular paper, and once, i drank fish blood (i thought my mom made me kool aid). I used to chew on pens, pencils, and crayons. My favorite though was the McDonalds ketchup packets, my parents couldn't keep those away from me.
    Don't let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold. Remember why you came and while you're alive, experience the warmth before you grow old.

Best two days of my life: Oasis at MSG and Pearl Jam at the Gorge.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Dirt. We had a little plant in our living room, and I would just go there and eat the dirt around it. When I came out of the hospital the second time when I was six I sat next to that plant. Then I decided that since I was sick, maybe it contributed to why I was sick. I didn't eat dirt after that.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Milkbones - I loved them. I also remember liking glue and erasers. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • I remember eating some sort of mysterious plant in my grandma's garden with my cousin. It was a vegetable garden, so we thought everything growing in it was edible. It wasn't too bad. :D

I used to eat butter by itself. My older sister told me to do it. She was old enough to know better, too!

I ate some dry catfood once. I thought it would taste like cereal. It didn't.
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    i ate grass
    my sister ate slaters
    and my friends brother ate toilet paper :D
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • I also ate a little bit of play-doh once.

Who could resist that stuff? It smelled so good!
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    i remember my sister and i both loving the taste of baby magic lotion??!

i'd also lick playdoh...tasty :)

sips of beer from my dad when i was 2.

i wasn't too weird...though my fav. breakfast was french fries and vanilla wafers!! i later developed a love for bologna sandwiches with ranch dressing and bacon bits (also works quite well w/ hot dogs)...i still eat my veggie hot dogs this way now sometimes. it's comforting.

i remember thinking that if i swallowed enough spit...still in my mouth, nothing gross...that i wouldn't be thirsty anymore. i may have also confused ear wax for a bbq chip once...can't remember.

my sister was more adventurous...she drank bleach, super-glued her mouth shut, ate cigarette butts...who knows what else?! could explain a lot now.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    itsevobaby wrote:
    i ate grass
    my sister ate slaters
    and my friends brother ate toilet paper :D
    I still like a blade of grass now and then. :) What are slaters?
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    wolfbear wrote:
    I still like a blade of grass now and then. :) What are slaters?
    small beetle-type insects :eek:
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • I ate tons of nastiness!

Lets start with what my parents made:
    sardine sandwiches, cheese & ketchup sandwiches, fish eggs from the fish we caught in the pond, their little fish eyeballs, too, and chicken hearts, livers and gizzards.

My own doing:
    dry cat food that I mixed with water, boogers... that's all I can think of. OH! I remember eating some lemon drops that I found in the bark outside of Safeway, not in their package. Those gave me worms. :(
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • and butter-flavored crisco dipped in tang :eek:
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • I ate a penny once cos my sister and brother told me to :rolleyes: i cried and cried and cried and thought I was going to die :D

we used to eat cow nuts (shuttUP dunk :p the food cows EAT... not a part of them) but they were quite nice. I still like the smell of the hops from the guinness factory on a clear day when you can smell them across the city... they were quite yum actually :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    when i was a wee munchkin i ate:
    paste
    paper
    grass
    boogers

and quite possibly, though i cant quote myself with any certainty on this...scabs. ewwwww!!!!! :eek:

oh oh i forgot blood. but i still do that. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • didn't everyone eat playdoh? :o that stuff just smelled too good to NOT eat! :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • my parents told me i gnawed off most the paint off my crib. lead, yummy!

i also ate playdo and paste
  • an entire bottle of Flintstones Vitamins.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    "did you eat paint chips as a child?"

"hahahaha......... what?"
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I never really ate anything that wasn't a food. Worst thing I did was go to restuarants and eat a good 2-3 packets of sugar per sitting, and my mother actually permitted it. lol.
  • A lego. Don' think I've ever been the same since.
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    Paper (I'd tear off little pieces and just chew them in my mouth for awhile)

Fingernails (Bite 'em off and grind 'em up!)

Earwax

Boogers
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • Meow Mix

Random unknown berries off of bushes

Glue

Mr. Zogs Sex Wax
    NERDS!
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    quarter (a friend accidently shoved it down ) o wow.. a quarter incident...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Play-doh...on a regular basis...loved that high salt content.

I got a nickel lodged in my throat once.

I got caught drinking the Kaz out of a humidifier

I ate a whole bottle of children's aspirin

The best story is me eating that shiny red glass Christmas ornament.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I ate a big chunk of my grandma's coconut scented soap. She had it in a drawer in a small end table in her living room and it was wrapped in foil(?!!!). I figured that if she had hidden it like that it must be good! I remember choking it down and thinking it tasted terrible but it was candy, so finish the bite.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    well im pretty tame, you know some soap here and there.

no wonder most pj fans are a little strange :)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Mom says that I tried to eat a Gypsy once, but I don't believe her..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • christmas tree light
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    mookie9999 wrote:
    So what types of disgusting things did you eat as a kid but still live to tell about it?!?
    Twinkies. How was I able to eat those things.

Oh.. cat food - wit the cats. But I guess lots of kids would do that.
  • Rose petals, they smelled good, I figured they had to taste good.
    Tu ya no me tienes que esconder...Esta bein....Sabes que te quiero como ayer...Esto so soy..Este es me vida!!!
  • I have eaten scabs before...and licked blood - but I still do that...
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.