Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I've been busy as shit lately. Just wanted to chime in and say how awesome this series has been. The richards and especially carter trades are looking like absolute steals at this point. schenn and couturier have been incredible.

Gotta put the pens away tomorrow. don't give them any semblance of hope.

Then someone kill crosby on the ice. I really hate that whiny little bitch more than any athlete ever.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    What time will news of the fines/suspension(s) come out, 2:00?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

who knows.

i'd guess mid to late afternoon.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

who knows.

I will be shocked if neal gets a suspension. ahsam is definite, but I'm guessing neal gets off. nhl wants this series to continue and neal has arguably been their best player
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    zero doubt about asham.

i was thinking last night, i don't remember seeing a match penalty called before

i can see both sides on neal. you can argue that hit on couts was somewhat accidental. i don't remember the cluade head shot...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

who knows.

I will be shocked if neal gets a suspension. ahsam is definite, but I'm guessing neal gets off. nhl wants this series to continue and neal has arguably been their best player
    I would normally agree with you on this, but since Neal has 2 separate hearings and has also been suspended in the past, I dont think he escapes punishment here. I'm thinking he will get a game for both of his actions.
    One game in the least.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i can see both sides on neal. you can argue that hit on couts was somewhat accidental. i don't remember the cluade head shot...
    nealhit_medium.gif
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    nealhit_medium.gif

ah yes.

thanks

i think he gets a game....maybe if the incidents are reviewed seperate he slides, but when you look at the two hits combined...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    nealhit_medium.gif

ah yes.

thanks

i think he gets a game....maybe if the incidents are reviewed seperate he slides, but when you look at the two hits combined...

I really don't think the giroux thing was that bad. he may have charged, but giroux kinda ducked into the hit. the hit on couturier was just plain dirty. I think it deserves a suspension, but I don't think he's getting one. the ruling on weber set the precedence for neal to get off with a slap on the wrist
  • Options
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=393426

You can add Mario Lemieux to list of people who are disappointed by the performance of the Pittsburgh Penguins thus far in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Sources close to the team's majority co-owner told The Pittsburgh Tribune that he was 'embarrassed' by the actions of Arron Asham and James Neal and was disappointed by his club's lack of discipline in the series against the Philadelphia Flyers, which the Penguins are currently trailing 0-3.

Neal had two separate hearings on Tuesday - one for his third period hit on Flyers rookie Sean Couturier and the other for a hit to the head on Flyers forward Claude Giroux. Neal was given a charging penalty for the latter hit, which saw four players - including Neal - receive 10-minute misconduct penalties.

Neal, who shares the team lead in playoff scoring with two goals and five points - is a repeat offender. He was suspended two games last season for a hit from behind on Derek Dorsett and was fined $2,500 this season for a high-stick to Montreal's P.K. Subban.

Asham, who was been offered an in-person hearing, was assessed a first-period match penalty for cross-checking Brayden Schenn around the chin and punching him in the head when Schenn was down.

The actions of his players in Game 3 is not the type of play that Lemieux has typically supported.

It was a little more than a year ago that Lemieux took issue with the league for what he felt was a lack of disciplinary action after the Islanders defeated the Penguins 9-3 on February 11 in a game that saw the officials hand out 346 penalty minutes. Following that game, the league suspended Islanders forwards Trevor Gillies for nine games and Matt Martin for four while handing the team a $100,000 fine.

At the time, Lemieux didn't feel that the league did enough, and released a statement which read:

"Hockey is a tough, physical game, and it always should be. But what happened Friday night on Long Island wasn't hockey. It was a travesty. It was painful to watch the game I love turn into a sideshow like that.

"The NHL had a chance to send a clear and strong message that those kinds of actions are unacceptable and embarrassing to the sport. It failed.

"We, as a league, must do a better job of protecting the integrity of the game and the safety of our players. We must make it clear that those kinds of actions will not be tolerated and will be met with meaningful disciplinary action."
  • Options
    Asham is going the phine route at 5 eastern
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

nealhit_medium.gif

ah yes.

thanks

I really don't think the giroux thing was that bad. he may have charged, but giroux kinda ducked into the hit. the hit on couturier was just plain dirty. I think it deserves a suspension, but I don't think he's getting one. the ruling on weber set the precedence for neal to get off with a slap on the wrist
    If G doesn't duck, it's a kill shot.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Neals hearing was at 10 this morning.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,304
    it would be really dumb for the NHL not to suspend Neal at least for one game. No sense putting him back on road ice in a series that is effectively over (usually never say that before a series is fully over but this pens team has pretty much quit). putting him back out there just lets him become a target.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I'd be shocked if the league suspends all 3 guys in a playoff series
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781
    As a side note, Joe Watson was at my place today for an employee celebration

Anybody other than me old enough to remember the Watson brothers? :lol::lol:
  • Options
    As a side note, Joe Watson was at my place today for an employee celebration

Anybody other than me old enough to remember the Watson brothers? :lol::lol:

I heard of them...never saw them play

I was too young

:oops:

• Options

exactly. asham was worse than neal...and kennedy was automatic based on when it happened.

neal is gonna get off like casey anthony
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,765
    The Fixer wrote:

exactly. asham was worse than neal...and kennedy was automatic based on when it happened.

Yeah, the one who is a good player (their best in the series perhaps). :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Shaw for the Hawks got 3 games.

who knows what's going to happen.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

At least Asham isn't saying he tried to hold up before his cross check. Neal is just an idiot.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Shaw for the Hawks got 3 games.

who knows what's going to happen.

That is insane

The suspensions have been so erratic

:nono:

• Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

• Options
    Ashams interview is at 5, im guessing we will hear the verdict after it wraps up.
  • Options
    Ashams interview is at 5, im guessing we will hear the verdict after it wraps up.

In person also

I'm guessing suspension into next year

The cross-check was bad enough then the punch really took it over the top

• Options

In person also

He waived his right to the in-person hearing. Will be done by phone. He will get at least 5 games.
  • Options

In person also

He waived his right to the in-person hearing. Will be done by phone. He will get at least 5 games.

Oh wow didn't hear that

I liked Ash when he played here and didn't want him to leave

Not so much now

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    5 games!?? ... c'mon ... he might get 5 games but it would be a joke if he did ...
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,834
    After a much needed break from this place - how the fuck are we doing, ladies?

Seriously, there's no Pens thread for me to talk shit in?