• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Did he know where he was when he tried to elbow Giroux in the head ??

:roll:

Just so happens 2 of our best forwards this series he went after

Asshole
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    beat the shit outta them when the series is wrapped
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    beat the shit outta them when the series is wrapped

I hope so man

Absolutely gutless this team

Like I said Hockey players have long memories

Neal wouldn't even fight when Simmonds challenged him

• Options
    From Twitter :

A telling stat about the #Flyers balance attack vs #Penguins series 17 of the 19 players who played in series have avg at least 13:00 TOI/G

The #Penguins have 14 of the 20 who have played in the series avg at least 13:00 TOI/G

Penguins have 10 players who have avg 18:00+ TOI/G while the #Flyers have FOUR

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    These Penguins are a bunch of cowards. I'd be embarrassed if I was a Penguins fan. Lemieux must be so proud. Shanahan is really screwing these fines & suspensions up by basing it on the injury.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    beachball-fleury.gif
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    it's just as bad in this thread. :lol:

beach ball just pops out of nowhere. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Pittsburgh forward James Neal will have hearings on Tuesday with the Department of Player Safety for two separate incidents in Sunday's Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals series against the Philadelphia Flyers.

Also, Pittsburgh forward Arron Asham has been offered an in-person hearing Tuesday morning for his match penalty for cross-checking Brayden Schenn at 14:15 of the first period. Asham received a match penalty on the hit.

Neal's hearings focus on the hit against Sean Couturier in the third period, as well as the charging penalty he received for a hit on Claude Giroux later in the period. Neal was not penalized on the Couturier hit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Nice to see that the NHL is having the time to meet with a couple of players from yesterday game.

maybe they will both get fines for 2,499 each.

anyway, I am hoping for a closer game on wednesday. I want Philly to start playing D.

in other news, all the people who laughed at me when i picked alot of Flyers for my hockey pool are starting to give me the money already.
  • Options
    "Guys are emotional," he said. "There's a lot of stuff going on out there. There's no reason to explain, why I have to sit here and say why I pushed a glove away. They're doing a lot of things out there, too. You know what? We don't like each other. Was I going to sit there and pick up his glove for him, or what was I supposed to do?

"Skate away? Well, I didn't that time."

what a douche bag
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    Nice to see that the NHL is having the time to meet with a couple of players from yesterday game.

anyway, I am hoping for a closer game on wednesday. I want Philly to start playing D.

in other news, all the people who laughed at me when i picked alot of Flyers for my hockey pool are starting to give me the money already.

i hope the Flyers blow them out again. :lol:

Adams also faces a suspension for an instigator in the final 5 minutes
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

i hope the Flyers blow them out again. :lol:

Adams also faces a suspension for an instigator in the final 5 minutes

your right so do i, but i want it to be a shutout. The Flyers need to play better on the d if they want to win the cup.
  • Options
    agreed that the D/goaltending has to be better.

i'm not worried tho....things can change quickly from one series to the the next.

lets just get that 4th W and move on.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    agreed that the D/goaltending has to be better.

i'm not worried tho....things can change quickly from one series to the the next.

lets just get that 4th W and move on.

I agree with that. if the Flyers win game 4 they can rest some players and also practice their defense coverage.

I also forgot to ask, I hear JVR is ready to come back. do we play him and if yes what line?
  • Options
    Twitter has jvr replacing zac. I would expect jvr on the 4th line with limited minutes to start. Gotta knock off the rust. After that....i dunno...the other lines have all been playing well. Not sure i would break them up unless one starts to strugle
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Twitter has jvr replacing zac. I would expect jvr on the 4th line with limited minutes to start. Gotta knock off the rust. After that....i dunno...the other lines have all been playing well. Not sure i would break them up unless one starts to strugle

wow 4th line for a 2nd pick overall. but I would agree in him being on the 4th. all the lines are rolling right now.
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:

wow 4th line for a 2nd pick overall. but I would agree in him being on the 4th. all the lines are rolling right now.

the 4th line is my guess.

flyers reporters have him replacing zac in teh line up.

game two line combo's from http://thepensblog.bloguinmedia.com/tpb ... tions.html

Scott Hartnell - Claude Giroux - Jaromir Jagr
    Brayden Schenn - Daniel Briere - Wayne Simmonds
    Jakub Voracek - Matt Read - Eric Wellwood
    Maxime Talbot - Sean Couturier - Zac Rinaldo

i think he either replaces rinaldo straight up, or maybe he slides into wellwood's spot and wellwood slides into zac's spot. i wouldn't touch claude's or danny's line at this point.

he's coming back from missing 6 weeks....he's gonna be rusty, team is playing well on offense...no need to shake things up. put him on lower line and see where he is. if he plays well, give more minutes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    We need Bryz to return to his 2006-07 form when he won a cup in Anaheim

11 GP 3 shutous and a below 2 GAA

:thumbup:

• Options
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:

the 4th line is my guess.

flyers reporters have him replacing zac in teh line up.

game two line combo's from http://thepensblog.bloguinmedia.com/tpb ... tions.html

Scott Hartnell - Claude Giroux - Jaromir Jagr
    Brayden Schenn - Daniel Briere - Wayne Simmonds
    Jakub Voracek - Matt Read - Eric Wellwood
    Maxime Talbot - Sean Couturier - Zac Rinaldo

i think he either replaces rinaldo straight up, or maybe he slides into wellwood's spot and wellwood slides into zac's spot. i wouldn't touch claude's or danny's line at this point.

he's coming back from missing 6 weeks....he's gonna be rusty, team is playing well on offense...no need to shake things up. put him on lower line and see where he is. if he plays well, give more minutes.

I like Wellwood and his speed but the dude is so easy to get off the puck

He's get poke checked like crazy without even needing to hit him

• Options

i'd settle for a March 2012 version :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i'd settle for a March 2012 version :lol:

Or that :lol:

But like you said each series changes..this series is just beyond crazy

• Options
    pen coach fine 10,000.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=393367

kind of funny that a coach gets more a fine than a player who smashes a guy face in the boards
  • Options
    this extra day between games sucks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    81 wrote:

agree. much prefer the rhythm of every other night. although after the flyers win wednesday it's going to be about 8 or 9 days before they play again.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,770
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:

agree. much prefer the rhythm of every other night. although after the flyers win wednesday it's going to be about 8 or 9 days before they play again.

Always fun to watch other teams play after your team has already advanced. 8-)

I think last year they started accelerating 2nd round games once the series were set, which is hard to do with the reseeding thing.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I agree..can't believe one extra day makes it so tough to wait

Pitt flew back home..for safety purposes

:lol:

• Options
    81 wrote:

I love when teams do shit like that - you know our city is in their heads. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I love when teams do shit like that - you know our city is in their heads. :lol:

what is it, like a 30 minute flight? i wouldn't make too big of a deal out of this.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    So, the Flyers have swept their first best-of-7 series of the playoffs twice.