Vick gets 23 months

2»

Comments

• chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    MCG wrote:
    You have no idea what you are talking about and it is quite obvious. This agument can no longer contribute anything of interest to the forum.

get off your damn pedestal. The prosecution's sentencing guidelines are suggestions. Given that Vick failed a drug test, that he knew he would have to take, after those guidelines were given allows the judge to raise the punishment. And since this judge has a history of giving tougher sentences in cases, this sentence is not totally unexpected or out of line.

Plus as stated before the guidelines were raised after his failed lie detector test to 18-24 months.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    chromiam wrote:
    get off your damn pedestal.

No way, I can see my house from up here!
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    ryan198 wrote:
    I think we are somewhat on the same page, all I am saying is that the corporate CEO's that make mad loot off of doing the same thing to other animals should be put to the same criminal proceedings if they are doing essentially the same thing. OR neither could be criminal activities...I just don't see the reason for differentiating between cruel animal treatment.

Agreed:)
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    chromiam wrote:
    get off your damn pedestal. The prosecution's sentencing guidelines are suggestions. Given that Vick failed a drug test, that he knew he would have to take, after those guidelines were given allows the judge to raise the punishment. And since this judge has a history of giving tougher sentences in cases, this sentence is not totally unexpected or out of line.

Plus as stated before the guidelines were raised after his failed lie detector test to 18-24 months.
    In other words, Vick's paying a "dumb-ass" tax.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    chromiam wrote:

MCG/Chromiam
    Federal sentencing guidelines are very different from prosecution sentence suggestions, the guidelines carry more weight.
    The Judge ALWAYS has discretion to impose whatever sentence he deems fit, with the exception of mandatory minimum sentences (which usually relate to drug offenses)

while I think its a bit harsh, the sentence was not out of line given Vicks problems (lying, smoking pot etc....)
  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    Agreed:)
    has that ever happened in the history of this message board?
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    They should have given him 1 year in jail. And then converted it into dog years, which would have been 7 years in jail.
    I love to turn you on
    ryan198 wrote:
    has that ever happened in the history of this message board?

LOL!!! They should make it a sticky.
  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    LOL!!! They should make it a sticky.
    Yes a lesson in empassioned argument with a compromised solution...maybe even send it to democrats and republicans in our government (although an argument could be made that they already do this with money). ;)
    ryan198 wrote:
    Yes a lesson in empassioned argument with a compromised solution...maybe even send it to democrats and republicans in our government (although an argument could be made that they already do this with money). ;)

Difference is they waste our money and never agree. How about you run for president, I'll be your running mate and we'll fix this wonderful country.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    There are probably people that have spent less time for murdering a human being
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    as long as he doesn't come back to the NFL and more specifically to the Eagles, don't really care.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    as long as he doesn't come back to the NFL and more specifically to the Eagles, don't really care.

He won't play for the Eagles. With McNabb there there's no reason to even consider him. Reid is too smart to allow that to happen.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    DS1119 wrote:

He won't play for the Eagles. With McNabb there there's no reason to even consider him. Reid is too smart to allow that to happen.

:think: good point
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA