Options

Cottage Cheese should totally be refrigerated...and other obvious signs of stupidity

failedpersephonefailedpersephone Posts: 3,424
edited March 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
There are a hell of a lot of stupid people out there...

My coworker had a carton of cottage cheese at her desk...for two days. and started to eat out of it...and then said "oh eeeew!! I think this is bad!" and THEN SHE CHECKED THE EXPIRATION DATE AND WAS SHOCKED THAT IT SHOULD STILL BE GOOD. even tho' like RIGHT next to the date it says
Keep Refrigerated" HOLY CRAP...she said she didn't know cheese had to be refrigerated.

please post some of the dumbest things you have observed others doing - or things that you have done yourself.

Here is one of mine:
I licked a hot iron - to test if it was hot enough...I don't even know what the hell I was going for with that one...I just was talking on the phone -and trying to iron my skirt...and I was waiting for the iron to heat up...and then...I licked it...

and duh. it burned my freaking tongue.
IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Are you serious???
    What a jack ass she is! LMAO!!!
    That is so funny.

You licked an iron...............................YOU LICKED AN IRON?????
    You licked an iron???? WOW. Lucky you are ok
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    i once put diesel fuel in my parent's station wagon out of a gas can. thought it would be ok. $700 later, the fuel injection system needed to be replaced.

i thought i was putting in real gas. never knew it was diesel.

parents = not happy
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    for the life of me i cannot fold the fitted bed sheet into anything that looks like a symetrical shape ... i've been taught by every girlfriend going back some and i still can't do it ...
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    In my younger years I used to smoke the silly stuff a lot. Well, I went to my girlfriends house totally wrecked. Was inside for a few hours. Her mom comes home and says..."Leo, yaknow your car is running and the door is wide open".
    Hehehehehehehe
    My old friend and I still laugh at the one. :D
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    a coworker switch on the computerscreen, tapping with her fingers, mumbles "why is this taking so gd long..." then starts calling the ictguys....."My computer is NOT working"

yeah right....because the screen isnt the computer you stupid cow!!!!!

:D
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    polaris wrote:
    for the life of me i cannot fold the fitted bed sheet into anything that looks like a symetrical shape ... i've been taught by every girlfriend going back some and i still can't do it ...

THANK GOD!!!!

I thought I was alone. I'm not the only one.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Back in high school and my freshman year of college I worked at a Shoe Carnival store in my hometown. One day a lady came in and asked me what we sold at our store. I thought she was being sarcastic and said, well I'm not sure, but I think it's hamburgers trying to give a joke back. She wasn't amused because she was dead serious. All the while, if she had looked around, she would have seen all the many shoes in stock throughout the store. That whole thing made me do one of these :confused: and then :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    One time I couldn't find the remote for the life of me. I went into the kitchen with my empty bowl that was just filled with ice cream. I was that the ice cream was still out on the counter. I opened the freezer and there was the remote.

AG-When you're under the influence of the Hippie Lettuce you are in no way responsible for the stupidity that you commit. If that wasn't true I would be here for days with stories.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    THANK GOD!!!!

I can't fold that damn sheet either.

I use that as an excuse to try and get out of folding clothes. My wife doesn't seem to buy it though....
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    THANK GOD!!!!

+1
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Here is one of mine:
    I licked a hot iron - to test if it was hot enough...I don't even know what the hell I was going for with that one...I just was talking on the phone -and trying to iron my skirt...and I was waiting for the iron to heat up...and then...I licked it...

that reminds me of a time in Home Ec class when I told a friend to be careful cause one of the plate thingies on the cooker (I don't know the word in English) was hot. she turned to me and asked "is it?" and put her finger on it! :rolleyes: I had just taken the kettle off, jaysis.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    There are a hell of a lot of stupid people out there...

My coworker had a carton of cottage cheese at her desk...for two days. and started to eat out of it...and then said "oh eeeew!! I think this is bad!" and THEN SHE CHECKED THE EXPIRATION DATE AND WAS SHOCKED THAT IT SHOULD STILL BE GOOD. even tho' like RIGHT next to the date it says
    Keep Refrigerated" HOLY CRAP...she said she didn't know cheese had to be refrigerated.

i call bullshit.....a person this dumb shouldn't even be able to dress themselves, let alone obtain and hold a job....:eek: :D
  • Options
    I was born in England.

In English class (10th Grade mind you) a fellow student asked what language we speak in England.

I smiled

He wasnt kiddng. Not wanting to be mean I asked what class we were in.

English

No aw shucks response on that one either.

So, I asked what language he spoke.

American.

So I politely said that England as well as America speak English and that "American" would be more like a dialect than an actual new language.

He didnt seem embarassed in the slightest.

I went to a good high school too. :(
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    i call bullshit.....a person this dumb shouldn't even be able to dress themselves, let alone obtain and hold a job....:eek: :D
    This is the same person that came in on a SUNDAY.

oh and if i had a nickel for each time she pokes herself in the eye with her pencil or pen, I would have enough for a pretty good coffee at CB&TL.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    i was on a housecall, and the lady there asked me if i wanted some coffee.
    When i heard her starting the microwave, i knew this coffee would be warmed up shit, anyways, she give's me the coffee, walks out of the room to get some papers i need to help her...

Behind me is an open window so i decide to throw this shit out of there....so i do, then take a look at the cup..... and all there is left is the handle......:o
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options

oh and if i had a nickel for each time she pokes herself in the eye with her pencil or pen, I would have enough for a pretty good coffee at CB&TL.

i think it's webcam time....i need to this....:D:D
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    polaris wrote:

I'm female and I have never been able to figure that out myself....
  • Options

at least this person provides entertainment. i wish we had someone like that here....
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    polaris wrote:

LOFL!!! neither can I
    every time they come out of the laundry, I ask someone to fold it for me!
    I HATE THOSE!!!!!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    my former room-mates on Academy of Agriculture believed that worms originated from dirt...
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    so i wonder if there's some sort of tie between pearl jam fans and being retarded with folding the fitted sheet ;)
  • Options
    so i wonder if there's some sort of tie between pearl jam fans and being retarded with folding the fitted sheet ;)

the only person i've ever seen fold a fitted sheet is my mom......and she has no clue who pj are....:p
  • Options
    Here is one of mine:

Well lets hope that if and when we get to meet in March that we take one of the guys with us, otherwise we'll end up lost in he backstreets of London or something.
    I've never licked an iron :D but I've done things like leave a drink by the laptop and thought 'that's silly but, nah! I won't knock it over'. :mad:

I know someone who put half a bottle of washing up liquid in the washing machine and was then surprised to see that the kitchen floor was later covered in bubbles. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    a friend of mine got really sick once. his lips were chapped for weeks, finally one day while shaving with a electric razor, he thought he could take the dead skin off his lips with his razor.

lets just say , that it did not go well.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    One sunny summer day I fell asleep on the beach while wearing my sunglasses and woke up with a nice raccoon mask. I had to walk around like that for weeks :o
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    When I was eight or so, I put my tongue on a metal bar . . . in February . . . in Canada. Needless to say, I walked home with my tongue hanging out of my mouth and a trail of blood about six blocks long chronicling my journey and my stupidity.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    When I was eight or so, I put my tongue on a metal bar . . . in February . . . in Canada. Needless to say, I walked home with my tongue hanging out of my mouth and a trail of blood about six blocks long chronicling my journey and my stupidity.
    THAT REALLY HAPPENS????

I dunno wasn't raised around snow - I thought it was a joke! so your saliva isn't hot enough to melt your tongue free??
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    hahahaha.. I can't believe you licked an iron!! holy hell!

I live in Chicago and most streets here run on a grid. Even number on a NORTH/SOUTH street are always on the WEST side of the street, Odd number on the EAST side. And so on...

SO... that being said.. My boss is selling her home and looking for new homes constantly, and cannot remember what I told her about houses being on what side of the street. She wants her back yard to face a certain way, so she asks me EVERY time what way it faces... so thats dumb in itsself, but it gets WAY dumber...

So the other day, she says to me, I found a perfect house, its 1260. So I say, its it on a N/S street, or E/W? and she's like, does that matter?? (Uh yes!!! ugh!) So she comes back and tells me it is N/S and I'm like, okay well... and before I can talk she says "So let me try this out... 1260.. ends in 0, and 0 is sometimes an even number but mostly odd.... So I am confused because I don't remember when it is odd vs. even" And I'm like "WTF????" and She's like.. "okay its odd right???" and I was like "What the hell when is 0 odd?" and she's like, "Well I don't know, is it even??" and I'm like, "Uh yeah, its always even." So she looks at me like I am blowing her mind, so I say "Well its 1260, what is 60/2?" And she's like "ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm....welll...... uhhhh...."

and I'm like.. "30!!!!!!!!!" and she gets all flustered and yells "I didn't major in math, JESUS!!!!!"

HAHAHAHA..
  • Options
    I went to put gas in a gas can once but I left the yellow siphon still inside by mistake...(took it out earlier siphoning gas from another car though I left it out for some reason)...anyhow....never forget do this, as the gas erupted violently right into my face going in both my eyes and into my mouth. I immediately brought the back of my hand up to protect my eyes out of instinct and broke the glasses I was wearing. Getting gasoline generously shot into your eyes stings like bloody murder. Sat there spitting hunched over for like 2 minutes holding the pump blinded in pain, so I could eventually see enough to walk to the booth to get the key to the washroom and pour water into my eyes for a good 10 minutes. Bad scene.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    hahahaha.. I can't believe you licked an iron!! holy hell!

I live in Chicago and most streets here run on a grid. Even number on a NORTH/SOUTH street are always on the WEST side of the street, Odd number on the EAST side. And so on...

SO... that being said.. My boss is selling her home and looking for new homes constantly, and cannot remember what I told her about houses being on what side of the street. She wants her back yard to face a certain way, so she asks me EVERY time what way it faces... so thats dumb in itsself, but it gets WAY dumber...

So the other day, she says to me, I found a perfect hourse, its 1260. So I say, its it on a N/S street, or E/W? and she's like, does that matter?? (Uh yes!!! ugh!) So she comes back and tells me it is N/S and I'm like, okay well... and before I can talk she says "So let me try this out... 1260.. ends in 0, and 0 is sometimes and even number but mostly odd.... So I am confused because I don't remember when it is odd vs. even" And I'm like "WTF????" and She's like.. "okay its odd right???" and I was like "What the hell when is 0 odd?" and she's like, "Well I don't know, is it even??" and I'm like, "Uh yeah, its always even." So she looks at me like I am blowing her mind, so I say "Well its 1260, what is 60/2?" And she's like "ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm....welll...... uhhhh...."

and I'm like.. "30!!!!!!!!!" and she gets all flustered and yells "I didn't major in math, JESUS!!!!!"

HAHAHAHA..

:D I wish that story were shorter so that I could put it in my sig. :D That really is one of the funniest posts I've ever read but then I don't understand your grid system either so I guess I'm laughing at my own stupidity too. :D