Options

What Are Your Irrational Fears...

failedpersephonefailedpersephone Posts: 3,424
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
IRRATIONAL - cannot possibly happen, but it is a fear nonetheless...

I have this irrational fear: When I am coming home at night, I have to hurry and get my key in the lock and open the door because at THAT moment, I have this fear that a large blue faced baboon is going to come screeching down the street and attack me...maybe bite a chunk out of my leg...

see, irrational.

so what are your irrational fears??
IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I'm not very fond of heights, but not because I think I'm gonna fall.
    I stand on the edge of a bridge or a flat roof or something like that and I know I'm safe.
    What I'm scared of is the little voice in my head that says 'jump, go on'.
    I'm scared I will :(

And I should add that I am in NO WAY suicidal or about to harm myself :)

It's one of those weird little things that have always worried me :o
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Pitch black, I fear zombies are walking behind me. I'll go so far as to swing my hand behind my back to clear them away.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    Hmmm. That a shark will appear from under my bed and bite my toes. Or something will, anyway.

*Edit* Wow! We're all crazy! :D
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    The thought that at any given moment Cory Haim could steal my jacket.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Hmmm. That a shark will appear from under my bed and bite my toes. Or something will, anyway.

That's one straight out of my childhood :o:(
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354
    that i will walk out of my house and see a giant ufo hovering over me ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Umbrellas.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    Hmmm. That a shark will appear from under my bed and bite my toes.
    Me too! Were you traumatized by Jaws, also?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i don't let my legs dangle off the bed while sleeping.....the snakes are going to bite me if i do......:eek: :D
  • Options
    Dammit! Mine wasn't weird enough. I'll have to think up something better. ;)
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    mice!

eek
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    i don't let my legs dangle off the bed while sleeping.....the snakes are going to bite me if i do......:eek: :D

I've thought something similar since childhood! If my legs dangle off the bed, someone under the bed will grab my legs and kill me. :eek:

Also, the closet door has to be closed when I am sleeping or the boogeyman will come out and get me.
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    I've thought something similar since childhood! If my legs dangle off the bed, someone under the bed will grab my legs and kill me. :eek:

yeah snakes, boogieman, clowns.....whatever the hell lives under the bed....:eek: :D
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    yeah snakes, boogieman, clowns.....whatever the hell lives under the bed....:eek: :D

Poltergeist!!!! (The movie). :scared:
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Poltergeist!!!! (The movie). :scared:

Agreed! It came on the Monsters HD channel the other day and I DVR'd it. Haven't seen it in a long time. It was just as awesome now as it was then.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,752
    I'm afraid MCKB is gonna shave off my eyebrow and pubes, then marry Jeff, have his kids and send me pictures.
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I have a fear of buttons. I never buy any clothes that have buttons on them. I am afraid they will somehow come off and flyinto mymouth and I will choke on them.

Also I love Asian horror movies but at night when I am alone in the dark in bed I know that an asian dead woman will float up from my floor and kill me!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    romybianromybian Posts: 1,644
    I can't look out the window at night when I'm about to close the shades, I KNOW the girl from The Ring or the girl form Dark Water or one of them is gonna be standing on the other side staring at me.
    And I can't go to the basement at night. I just can't. There's something there.
    "The joke in your language won't come out the same" (Tom Petty)
    I'm no dude! Dudette!
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    romybian wrote:
    I can't look out the window at night when I'm about to close the shades, I KNOW the girl from The Ring or the girl form Dark Water or one of them is gonna be standing on the other side staring at me.
    And I can't go to the basement at night. I just can't. There's something there.
    OMG at our old house I couldn't look out my bedroom window at night either. The people who lived across the street had this huge brick BBQ pit and it looked just like the well from the Ring especially at night. I just knew that girl was going to crawl out of there and up the side of our house and into my window!!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    i have to say, after reading some of these posts, i'm glad i never watched horror movies growing up as a kid...otherwise i would have NEVER slept :eek:

the only thing i could think of for myself, is when i'm by a train platform and people start crowding around when the train is gonna pull in. there's that moment of being afraid of getting nudged or pushed over the edge. so i always stand back a ways :o
  • Options
    Danimal wrote:
    The thought that at any given moment Cory Haim could steal my jacket.

Hilarious!
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    That I will wake up and be able to pole vault myself out of bed using only my "third leg". Oh wait you said irrational fears, not desires. Sorry about that!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Some monster with red eyes is under the bed. I just know it.
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    there was a thread similar to this earlier this year - i posted my hopeless fear of escalators - both getting off and getting on them

someone told me to grow up and get over it

*sniff* :(

it didnt help - im still scared of them
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    zenith wrote:
    there was a thread similar to this earlier this year - i posted my hopeless fear of escalators - both getting off and getting on them

someone told me to grow up and get over it

*sniff* :(

it didnt help - im still scared of them

no! all you have to do is hold the side rail and JUMP over the grate part that wants to eat your toes.

and never wear shoes with ties on them!!!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    IRRATIONAL - cannot possibly happen, but it is a fear nonetheless...

I have this irrational fear: When I am coming home at night, I have to hurry and get my key in the lock and open the door because at THAT moment, I have this fear that a large blue faced baboon is going to come screeching down the street and attack me...maybe bite a chunk out of my leg...

see, irrational.

so what are your irrational fears??

actually thats real, but instead of a baboon on crack it's a crazed mugger on crack watching and waiting for you in the bushes just like in the horror movies, and with every second you waste fumbling with the keys, the more and more nerve he gets to finally one day grabbing you and carrying you off into the darkness kicking and screaming....

That's probably why they invented motion triggered security lights at the front door.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    actually thats real, but instead of a baboon on crack it's a crazed mugger on crack watching and waiting for you in the bushes just like in the horror movies, and with every second you waste fumbling with the keys, the more and more nerve he gets to finally one day grabbing you and carrying you off into the darkness kicking and screaming....

That's probably why they invented motion triggered security lights at the front door.

I have motion triggered front lights - and I am not afraid of being mugged...I am afraid of being bitten by a baboon as I try to get into my house...seriously. those baboons are scary.

*disclaimer - I actually did grow up near a zoo...this is prolly why I feel that way.
  • Options
    I have motion triggered front lights - and I am not afraid of being mugged...I am afraid of being bitten by a baboon as I try to get into my house...seriously. those baboons are scary.

*disclaimer - I actually did grow up near a zoo...this is prolly why I feel that way.

That's funny. Where does he bite you?
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    i've been scared to ride a bicycle since college.

i developed a crazy scenario that if i were to ride my bike to class...i would somehow not be able to ride on the sidewalk, and be forced to ride along the road. the tire of my bike would get got in a drainage grate, i would fall over, and a car would run over my head :eek:

totally irrational!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    birds
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .