Options

XBox 360 - buyer's remorse

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited November 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Just spent a shit load of money. It was my fiance's idea. I had Madden 05 on playstation 2. Now I have 09 on this, and I'm sick at my stomach. I don't see any improvements and I don't like the play selection... so, now the other person can see what play I'm picking??? WTF?

Anybody have this that can tell me what's good about it.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,158
    Just spent a shit load of money. It was my fiance's idea. I had Madden 05 on playstation 2. Now I have 09 on this, and I'm sick at my stomach. I don't see any improvements and I don't like the play selection... so, now the other person can see what play I'm picking??? WTF?

Anybody have this that can tell me what's good about it.

Xbox live is the shit

Also if your playin madden, press and hold I beleive x or a when you want your play, then scroll for a while and release the button to try to throw off your friend. Much better playin Live, no one can see your plays

You really dont like it?
  • Options
    Did you purchase a 360 solely for Madden 09?
  • Options
    Did you purchase a 360 solely for Madden 09?

No, she wanted Guitar Hero. I might get use to the Madden, I'm not impressed after one game. Oh, and Chris C.... is the the only color comentator? Cause he's the only one worse than John Madden.
  • Options
    No, she wanted Guitar Hero. I might get use to the Madden, I'm not impressed after one game. Oh, and Chris C.... is the the only color comentator? Cause he's the only one worse than John Madden.
    You can get Guitar Hero for the ps2 though :confused:

Or did she want to be able to download extra songs?
  • Options
    You can get Guitar Hero for the ps2 though :confused:

Or did she want to be able to download extra songs?

We did it for the Madden.
  • Options
    I really don't have any way to respond to someone claiming that they don't see any improvement from Madden 05 on the PS2 to Madden 09 on the 360.

The 360 is amazing and has a wealth of games worthy of purchasing the system for depending on what type of games you like.
  • Options
    I couldn't believe when i got madden 08 and heard someone else doing the play by play other than Madden. What's that all about
  • Options
    PS2?.. My grandparents have stories about how they had a PS2 back in the day..
  • Options
    BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    I'm gonna have to agree. I have both the PS3 and 360 and prefer the gameplay of Madden on PS2 to both of the new systems.
  • Options
    f ghero, get rock band son. Alive is crazy fun to play
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    f ghero, get rock band son. Alive is crazy fun to play
    hell yeah.....hopefully there will be more PJ to download as well. RB continues to impress

and on topic, there are many way to fool your opponent or mask your play.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,463
    xbox, ps, etc...........you should all have buyer's remorse! :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I couldn't believe when i got madden 08 and heard someone else doing the play by play other than Madden. What's that all about

I thought that was funny too. How can they really call it Madden when the only time he shows up is when you select the "Ask Madden" function for play calling?

Madden is just a cash cow for EA and you just pay for new rosters and a couple of lame new features each year.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I thought that was funny too. How can they really call it Madden when the only time he shows up is when you select the "Ask Madden" function for play calling?

Madden is just a cash cow for EA and you just pay for new rosters and a couple of lame new features each year.
    Pretty much. However, they aren't going to change the name of the franchise now. What would piss fans off more? No Madden commentary, or all Madden commentary (that you're going to shut up anyway....) but call it NFL Football 2010.

You're spoton the rosters/features. 09 is the first Madden I've bought since '93. I'm a regular hockey guy though, so I generally skip every 2nd edition, maybe third depending on the demo.
  • Options
    360 is Great, but watch out for that Ring of Fire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EOF63PhKWc
  • Options

Twice and counting! I've laughed both times.
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=TVMFjn9vJro&feature=related
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    My 360 is on it's way back from the repair centre. Goddamn cutting corner bastards :)
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options

I'm on my 4th system since launch. I also have a Wii and PS3 so as an unbiased consumer I can say that the 360 runs circles (even though sometimes they're red! lol) around the competition.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Pretty much. However, they aren't going to change the name of the franchise now. What would piss fans off more? No Madden commentary, or all Madden commentary (that you're going to shut up anyway....) but call it NFL Football 2010.

You're spoton the rosters/features. 09 is the first Madden I've bought since '93. I'm a regular hockey guy though, so I generally skip every 2nd edition, maybe third depending on the demo.

I'm the same way. I have NCAA 06 and wanted to get the new version this year, but I'm waiting another year so I can get the MN Gophers new stadium in the 2010 game. :)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    I'm the same way. I have NCAA 06 and wanted to get the new version this year, but I'm waiting another year so I can get the MN Gophers new stadium in the 2010 game. :)
    I haven't noticed a worthy attention to detail in stadiums/arenas in either Madden or NHL 09. I was thinking the other day it'd be a good addition!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Consider getting the following games and you will not be disappointed:

NHL 2009
    Oblivion
    Civ Revolution
    Gears of War
    Halo 3
    Bioshock

Plus there are a ton of awesome games to download (Pac Man Championship Edition)
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Consider getting the following games and you will not be disappointed:

NHL 2009
    Oblivion
    Civ Revolution
    Gears of War
    Halo 3
    Bioshock

Plus there are a ton of awesome games to download (Pac Man Championship Edition)
    I'll add to the list, based on enjoyment (but not in any particular order), COD4, GRAW, GRAW 2, Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2, Forza 2 and Mass Effect as can't-go-wrongs.

I will say that NHL 09 has gotten as boring as fuck in no time, like Grand Theft Auto. I despise the typical bs AI in this game.
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Fallout 3 is out soon as is Gears Of War 2.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    mole1985 wrote:
    Fallout 3 is out soon as is Gears Of War 2.
    Fallout 3 looks excellent!
  • Options
    I really don't have any way to respond to someone claiming that they don't see any improvement from Madden 05 on the PS2 to Madden 09 on the 360.

The 360 is amazing and has a wealth of games worthy of purchasing the system for depending on what type of games you like.

Well, I've played 5 games now. All against my brother-in-law. I really enjoyed it last night, I'm getting the hang of it. I just had to get used to the controlls and learn more about the game. I figured out how to do defensive player audibles, but I still don't like using only one button for the play calling and everything else before the snap. And the one gripe I've had for all Madden editions: there is no intelligence for being near the sideline, the receivers just run full speed out of bounds. Anyway, I like it now and buyer's remorse is over.

Madden is really the only game I play. Guitar Hero is kinda fun. Its the kind of low-tech game I can handle, but it can get boring real fast. I also got this "blazing angel 2" flying game; And its a total piece of shit.
  • Options
    Well, I've played 5 games now. All against my brother-in-law. I really enjoyed it last night, I'm getting the hang of it. I just had to get used to the controlls and learn more about the game. I figured out how to do defensive player audibles, but I still don't like using only one button for the play calling and everything else before the snap. And the one gripe I've had for all Madden editions: there is no intelligence for being near the sideline, the receivers just run full speed out of bounds. Anyway, I like it now and buyer's remorse is over.

Madden is really the only game I play. Guitar Hero is kinda fun. Its the kind of low-tech game I can handle, but it can get boring real fast. I also got this "blazing angel 2" flying game; And its a total piece of shit.

Well that's good to hear... are there any other sports games you've enjoyed in the past?
  • Options
    Well that's good to hear... are there any other sports games you've enjoyed in the past?

NCAA, but I've always been better at Madden. I played alot more games on Nintindo, back in the day. I've had 3 PS2s and wind up selling them, then later wanting to play Madden again. Racing games and flying combat games are cool, even though I suck at them. I'm really good at Madden, but I generally suck at video games.
  • Options
    I traded my Xbox 360 for the Wii and have nothing close to buyer's remorse.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    dirtdirt Posts: 398
    I bought a 360 last week w/ a year subscription to Live. I feel like an idiot for posting this question, but I need some help:

Every time I turn the machine on, I have to retreive my gamertag. WTF? I have autosave enabled. Every time I go through the retreival process by entering my email/password, I ask for it to be saved yet I have go though this each time. Annoying. Any suggestion to correct this issue I'm having would be appreciated.

The gaming is pretty good, but I feel that the Xbox pricing is excessive compared to PS3. You have to spend $299 (not the $199 they advertise) to get the system w/ a hard drive for Live. No built-in wireless??? There's another $100. No rechargable battery controller? $30. ...And then there's the Blu-ray factor.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Options
    dirt wrote:
    I bought a 360 last week w/ a year subscription to Live. I feel like an idiot for posting this question, but I need some help:

Every time I turn the machine on, I have to retreive my gamertag. WTF? I have autosave enabled. Every time I go through the retreival process by entering my email/password, I ask for it to be saved yet I have go though this each time. Annoying. Any suggestion to correct this issue I'm having would be appreciated.

The gaming is pretty good, but I feel that the Xbox pricing is excessive compared to PS3. You have to spend $299 (not the $199 they advertise) to get the system w/ a hard drive for Live. No built-in wireless??? There's another $100. No rechargable battery controller? $30. ...And then there's the Blu-ray factor.
    You shouldn't have to retrieve the profile every time, and the only time I've ever had to do that is after putting the profile on another console.
    You're mostly right, except wireless internet is a convenience, not a necessity, and not as good as wired internet anyway.

Give me a few on the profile problems.