Sexual Harrassment

2»

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I made a complaint once to HR, and the 'investigation' took a month. I kept my job and he lost his-Because of the nature of his actions, my complaint had to be handled by corporate (way beyond HR) and I was advised to go to district court to get him to leave me alone.

Since he was a well liked and personable guy, I was then put on the 'blacklist' and denied several transfers to other departments-I tried to transfer to the corporate campus, and they wanted me to work there, my group refused to let me transfer. I was pretty much treated like shit for the next 4 years.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,491
    my female coworkers are constantly asking me to show them my tits.
    www.myspace.com
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,078
    i just took a new job last week. our office has 25 people in it.7 male physicians, me, and the rest women. the transcription lady, in her late 50s/early 60s said "i am glad they hired you. now we have something to look at."

i did not know if i should laugh it off, be flattered, creeped out, or grossed out. i just laughed it off. now she comes by my desk a lot. i am doing computer based training for the computer systems this week and next and she is always interrupting me. i am going to see how it goes. but it weirds me out to see her standing over my shoulder when i am trying to work.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

my female coworkers are constantly asking me to show them my tits.

Hey, we've got something in common!

gimme, I think I'd be somewhere between laughing it off and getting the heebie-jeebies. Do see how it goes, and if you could do one of those "really gotta focus on this right now" type of thing.

I'm thankful that I can use crude and completely inappropriate humor with a couple of the guys (and women) I work with, and that I haven't, for the most part, had to deal with intrusiveness or just plain assholeness at work.
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    I'm thankful that I can use crude and completely inappropriate humor with a couple of the guys (and women) I work with, and that I haven't, for the most part, had to deal with intrusiveness or just plain assholeness at work.
    We do that too where I work, but usually only with people we know well and within boundaries. Unfortunately, last week I had to involve my manager who was at a loss as how to handle this particular one too (e-mails with let's say less than professional content), so he talked to HR without saying who I had the issue with. Their advice was to send a very direct reply and if he did it again, I had to let them know immediately and he would suffer the consequences. He is married with a little kid btw.

A guy once complained about me (different company) after he tried to do the 'are those real?' test and I twisted his hand around his back and threw him out of the office. Poor baby hit his knee on the way down and claimed his wrist hurt. Our MD just told him to be glad I didn't use my heels to make a soprano out of him and to rethink his position in the company. That was actually surprising considering the old boys club attitude there.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,491
    edited July 2014
    Sonja_S said:

A guy once complained about me (different company) after he tried to do the 'are those real?' test and I twisted his hand around his back and threw him out of the office. Poor baby hit his knee on the way down and claimed his wrist hurt. Our MD just told him to be glad I didn't use my heels to make a soprano out of him and to rethink his position in the company. That was actually surprising considering the old boys club attitude there.

....WOW!

you are awesome
    www.myspace.com
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    gimmie,

do you find the gal attractive?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    edited July 2014

Sonja_S said:

....WOW!

you are awesome
    I agree. Sonja kicks butt (and back).

You sir, however, need a bit of schooling on the quote function.

**edit - well fuck me, so do I.

Signed,
    Humbled

• Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    :\"> Well, trash has to be taken out before it starts to attract flies...
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Sonja_S said:

Sonja_S said:

You are my new favorite person. B-)
    ELITIST FUK
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    SD48277 said:

Sonja_S said:

Sonja_S said:

You are my new favorite person. B-)
    Oh yes, I like your style....that's how one can handle one's bizzness.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)