what a sick fuck kirk cameron turned out to be

13»

Comments

• spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    well it sure gave him the means to just walk away and become a religious, preachy zealot. always convenient to ALREADY benefit from the 'evils of the world'...and then become a judgemental do-gooder.

I don't think it's really a case of Cameron benefitting from the evils of the world so much as it's a case of his having reached what in his mind was a pinnacle of personal achievements. It's not much different from Tom Cruise viewing himself as evidence to the power of scientology because of his success in movies.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    according to kirk camerons website, one of any of the following will get you a one way ticket to hell:

1. not putting god before everything else in your life (family included).
    2. if your god is a god of mercy and love (that god doesn't exist according to kirk)
    3. taking the lords name in vain (i break this one about 5 times a day)
    4. done anything on the sabbath (i'm assuming going to church is acceptable)
    5. not honoring your mother and father
    6. murdered someone (okay, something i can agree with)
    7. committed adultery (the site says even looking at another person with lust is considered adultery, let alone having pre-marital sex).
    8. stealing, no matter how small
    9. lie. if you lie once, you are a LIAR! not only that, you'll spend eternity with the rest of the worlds liars in a lake of fire. (i'm not making this up)
    10. wanting something another person has. not their house, car, wife, lifestlye.

there they are, the 10 commandments. break one and you're fucked.

kirk is pretty serious about this, so thinking about it now, he is pretty twisted.

take his test to see if you are a good person that gets to go to heaven here:
    http://www.wayofthemaster.com/goodperson.shtml

since they said that attitude and intent can constitute murder, i have broken all 10 of those commandments. oops.
  • according to kirk camerons website, one of any of the following will get you a one way ticket to hell:

1. not putting god before everything else in your life (family included).
    2. if your god is a god of mercy and love (that god doesn't exist according to kirk)
    3. taking the lords name in vain (i break this one about 5 times a day)
    4. done anything on the sabbath (i'm assuming going to church is acceptable)
    5. not honoring your mother and father
    6. murdered someone (okay, something i can agree with)
    7. committed adultery (the site says even looking at another person with lust is considered adultery, let alone having pre-marital sex).
    8. stealing, no matter how small
    9. lie. if you lie once, you are a LIAR! not only that, you'll spend eternity with the rest of the worlds liars in a lake of fire. (i'm not making this up)
    10. wanting something another person has. not their house, car, wife, lifestlye.

there they are, the 10 commandments. break one and you're fucked.

kirk is pretty serious about this, so thinking about it now, he is pretty twisted.

take his test to see if you are a good person that gets to go to heaven here:
    http://www.wayofthemaster.com/goodperson.shtml

weird, those are NOT the same 10 commandments I was raised with as a catholic. #2 seems particularly strange- I thought protestants were the ones who believed in a merciful god? You know, all new testament as opposed to old. I mean basically all of christianty says that if you break the commandments you're going to hell, so that's not weird. It's the very literal reading of them that is. The lying one too-it's not "lying" it's "thou shalt not bear false witness"- it was like the ancient law against purgery. And the Adultery one- my friend who was a baptist described it this way, that you can't even think that someone who is married is attractive. Luckily the nuns never went so deep into it! I wonder if ignorance of the law is an excuse at the pearly gates? :)
    weird, those are NOT the same 10 commandments I was raised with as a catholic. #2 seems particularly strange- I thought protestants were the ones who believed in a merciful god? You know, all new testament as opposed to old. I mean basically all of christianty says that if you break the commandments you're going to hell, so that's not weird. It's the very literal reading of them that is. The lying one too-it's not "lying" it's "thou shalt not bear false witness"- it was like the ancient law against purgery. And the Adultery one- my friend who was a baptist described it this way, that you can't even think that someone who is married is attractive. Luckily the nuns never went so deep into it! I wonder if ignorance of the law is an excuse at the pearly gates? :)

he seems to have kind of distorted the commandments in his attempt to put them into plain english though. i do have to dispute your perception of protestant vs. catholic though. 9 times outta 10 when you hear some nut telling everyone they're going to hell becos the OT bans faggotry or whatever, it's a protestant. all the big, famous hate mongers (falwell, jenkins, robertson): protestant. they have a pretty pissed off and hardline god.

granted, catholicism is much more rule and old tradition based, but doctrine-wise it's about as liberal as they come. you really only have to go to mass on easter, and no matter what sin you commit, you can always get the magic pass by going to confession for it. they really don't care what you do, as long as you feel bad about it ;)
  • you really only have to go to mass on easter

where did you go to church!

when I was a kid, the priest literally looked for EVERY KID in the CCD program at all masses on sunday. If you weren't there, he would call you up later that week during CCD and embarrass you infront of the whole class. I remember in like 4th grade one kid started crying and said they had to take nana to the hospital. The priest's response was "there is no excuse for not going to mass!"

needless to say, this pissed off a lot parents who didn't feel like going to church every single sunday...
    where did you go to church!

when I was a kid, the priest literally looked for EVERY KID in the CCD program at all masses on sunday. If you weren't there, he would call you up later that week during CCD and embarrass you infront of the whole class. I remember in like 4th grade one kid started crying and said they had to take nana to the hospital. The priest's response was "there is no excuse for not going to mass!"

needless to say, this pissed off a lot parents who didn't feel like going to church every single sunday...

i went to 13 years of catholic school. the boston parishes are probly more old school seeing as they got set up by super devout catholics fresh from the homeland. but by and large, catholicism is pretty lax around here. we had 3 priests and none of them even taught ccd. they hired teachers. i don't think the priest could even have been able to tell if you were at mass or not, there are too many people there. he probably didnt know who was even in the ccd class.

but im talking about strict doctrine. technically, easter is the one day of mass you cannot miss.
  • moxiemoxie Posts: 80
    Don't be ignorant.
    I have dogs instead of children... I'd rather ruin my carpet than my life.

• but im talking about strict doctrine. technically, easter is the one day of mass you cannot miss.

I dunno, I mean I know it's a huge sin to miss easter mass, but I thought "strict doctrine" says you must keep holy the sabbath. In fact, my mother was taught it was a mortal sin to skip *one day* of mass. She went to mass every single day before school, confession on saturdays, and mass again on sundays.

oh and the priest didn't teach CCD- there were teachers or nuns that did that- but he would come around to all the classes and call out people who skipped mass. I managed to sneak under the radar a few times...
  • moxiemoxie Posts: 80
    I do not see how it makes him a sick fuck.
    I have dogs instead of children... I'd rather ruin my carpet than my life.
    I dunno, I mean I know it's a huge sin to miss easter mass, but I thought "strict doctrine" says you must keep holy the sabbath. In fact, my mother was taught it was a mortal sin to skip *one day* of mass. She went to mass every single day before school, confession on saturdays, and mass again on sundays.

oh and the priest didn't teach CCD- there were teachers or nuns that did that- but he would come around to all the classes and call out people who skipped mass. I managed to sneak under the radar a few times...

i just recall learning that missing mass on easter was the one thing you couldnt do, and i even recall hearing it framed that if you only went one day a year, that should be it.

i didnt have ccd. i went to a catholic school. you must've been one of those outsiders ;)
  • i just recall learning that missing mass on easter was the one thing you couldnt do, and i even recall hearing it framed that if you only went one day a year, that should be it.

I think you misinterpreted that.

you're going to hell.
    I think you misinterpreted that.

you're going to hell.

on the list of reasons for me going to hell, i dont think my mass attendance ranks particularly high.

on the upside, i hate women and want to oppress them and the church LOVES that, so i got that goin for me right?
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    RIP Boner
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Yeah, Boner's death is what made me look... poor guy. He came to my city and killed himself... and his dad is Chekhov from star trek. Poor guy; he was devastated when theyfound his son's body. :(

As for Kirk Cameron... Jesus, his family must be mortified. I'd freak out if my sibling or kid started acting like this fuckin' fruit loop.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata