2008 Baseball Season

2»

Comments

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I'm a Yankees fan, but I follow Brian Roberts of the Orioles because he inspires me. So, I may be a Cubs or Orioles fan in April :D
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • With the Redsox in the East and the Tigers, Indians or White Sox possibly claiming 2 spots, could this be the year the Yankees miss the playoffs?

I actually could definitely see that happening. How many heads would roll in the Yankees organization if that happened? Georgie would not be a happy camper
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • LongRd. wrote:
    what the heck? you're overlooking the Perfect Pats already?

History happens tomorrow night :D

Pats are cheaters...

doesn't matter how good they were. they'll always be cheaters
    the Minions
  • glb wrote:
    ahhh fuck em! Injuries are gonna be the mets worst nightmare. And injuries always happen in baseball. I can't wait to see Texeira in a Braves uni for a full season. Two of the best switch hitters in the game batting back to back....swweeeet!
    true that....I hope they can get something together to keep Teixiera for a long time

but, like last year, my biggest concern for the Braves is pitching....we needed another good arm or two behind Hudson, Smoltz, and occasionally James last year and I think we might be in the same boat again this year
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Go Cubs!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • glbglb Posts: 356
    true that....I hope they can get something together to keep Teixiera for a long time

but, like last year, my biggest concern for the Braves is pitching....we needed another good arm or two behind Hudson, Smoltz, and occasionally James last year and I think we might be in the same boat again this year

Well, I don't think we are in quite the same boat as last year. I don't expect Glavine to do anything extra special, but I do expect him to make it through the season as our #3. Chuck James #4. Then you have Hampton, Jurrjens, and Reyes for spot #5. If Hampton can stay healthy, well that's great, but at least the other 2 guys are MLB ready. Still, I agree it's not rock solid. To have a good year, I really think Jurrjens is going to have to step up.
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193
    With the Redsox in the East and the Tigers, Indians or White Sox possibly claiming 2 spots, could this be the year the Yankees miss the playoffs?

Yes.

Red Sox, Indians, Tigers, and Angels in the AL. I wouldn't consider the White Sox to be much of a threat though.
  • :D
    The Los Angeles Dodgers

Mark my words people...mark them.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    I'm excited for baseball season to start, but the Yanks are not going to win a WS for another 10 yrs, when A-Rod's contract is done. he is a jinx on the whole team imo
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    glb wrote:
    I can't wait to see Texeira in a Braves uni for a full season.

Enjoy it while it lasts. He'll be playing for the Mets in '09 and beyond.

Can't wait to see Santana blow Larry Wayne's doors off.

Let's Go Mets!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/la/downloads/y2008_schedule.pdf

I am not liking September.

c'mon boys...c'mon.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • pureoc wrote:
    Go Cubs!!!

I'm quite curious to see how the Cubs lineup will be with Fukodome, to see how he pans out. Soriano, Lee, A. Ramirez, Fukodome coud be brutal. I think the Cardinals could go either way this year, but I lean more toward the side of nothing special. Cubs should be able to wrap up the NL Central this year.
    I was taught a month ago to bide my time and take it slow, but then I learned just yesterday to rush and never waste a day. Now I'm convinced the whole day long that all I've learned is always wrong. Things are true that I forget, but no one taught that to me yet
  • AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193
    Allie wrote:
    I'm excited for baseball season to start, but the Yanks are not going to win a WS for another 10 yrs, when A-Rod's contract is done. he is a jinx on the whole team imo

Pfft, you AL East fans and your silly jinxes and curses ;)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    Phillies all the way! :mrgreen:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA