guilty pleasures

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
i think there used to be a thread about such, but i think it went *poof* into cyberspace...

anyhooooooooo, i just watched the matrix with hubby last night for the umteenth time. now the flick itself i don't consider a guilty pleasure, i think it's a really well done flim of that particular genre. however, it DOES illumintate one of my big guilty pleasures: keanu reeves. :o hahaha. sweet bejeebus, any time i see that man........he's just beautiful! however, he's not exactly the greatest actor :p...and i am usually attracted to talent/intelligence/personality ALONG with good looks, so yea, i feel a bit 'guilty'...enjoying him from a phsycial perspective only. i mean, i would not kick the man outta bed for eating crakers, ya know? :D perhaps there are hidden depths to him as a person, one cannot see in his acting....? one can dream, eh?

so yes, just one of many guilty pleasures, but foremost in my mind today....and we'll probably watch the matrix reloaded tonight, well, just because.........:cool:

so share some of your guilty pleasures!
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I love reading/watching stuff about britney spears' f'ed up life. I have no idea why, and I wasn't the least bit interested in her when she was a pop star.
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    id like to watch a country western with only women in the filmie
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    I love reading/watching stuff about britney spears' f'ed up life. I have no idea why, and I wasn't the least bit interested in her when she was a pop star.

I couldn't agree more..

My other guilty pleasure is shopping for things that are WAY too expensive. I have an unhealthy guilty pleasure with Coach purses/products. :eek:
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Saw this thread whilst listening to my guilty pleasure....

The Genesis 'Turn it on'.

Now, I hate Phil Collins...the music is just too cheesy for me. I rip my brother endlessly for liking them. But this song is really quite catchy. So instead of saying I hate Phil Collins/Genesis apart from one song, it's easier to say I hate them full stop.

I will never tell my brother I downloaded that song, he'll end up ripping me.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    This song and video, as well as the video game it is taken from. Or rather, the game isn't a guilty pleasure but the insanely cheesy love story involved is :p It steps so far over the line of cheesy that I'm almost ashamed but it's just so damn compelling :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1iwe6JQAGI

EDIT - ahem. so, I'm gonna like, fucking spit and shit, and do manly things now.

:D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I watched Becoming Jane full price 10 times when it in the theatres in August. It comes out on DVD February 12th. I'll be locked away in my apartment eating bonbons, drinking tea, needlepointing, and just becoming the hopeless romantic I really am once I'm watching that movie at home. :)

I was inspired to write when I saw that movie. Finding ways to be inspired may be a guilty pleasure, eh?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • General Hospital.

I've watched it off and on since I was a child, and most of my friends have no idea, for good reason. :)
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    point break is the greatest compilation of gobbledygook ever.......and i watch it ever time it's on....:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oS0815px9c&feature=related

and to see overacting at his best....john c mcginley....:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh0KcpYeMVQ&feature=related
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    General Hospital.

I've watched it off and on since I was a child, and most of my friends have no idea, for good reason. :)
    When Luke and Laura were the big thing - I was there cheering them on! Didn't they get married on the show about the same time that Prince Charles and Lady Diana were married? My grandma got us into GH when she visited us.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    This song and video, as well as the video game it is taken from. Or rather, the game isn't a guilty pleasure but the insanely cheesy love story involved is :p It steps so far over the line of cheesy that I'm almost ashamed but it's just so damn compelling :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1iwe6JQAGI

EDIT - ahem. so, I'm gonna like, fucking spit and shit, and do manly things now.

:D

Oh wow i forgot about this. :D I remember playing this game in 8th grade and really feeling the characters develop. It is damn compelling as you put it. I'm a little embarrassed now, but I still like it. :D
    Happiness is only real when shared
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    Oh wow i forgot about this. :D I remember playing this game in 8th grade and really feeling the characters develop. It is damn compelling as you put it. I'm a little embarrassed now, but I still like it. :D
    ah yes... I remember as an overly sensitive 11/12 year-old being totally sucked in by the storyline of that game. It's weird, I've never played another game that does that in such a way :p it must seem hilariously sad to anyone who has never played it though. guilty pleasure indeed.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    ah yes... I remember as an overly sensitive 11/12 year-old being totally sucked in by the storyline of that game. It's weird, I've never played another game that does that in such a way :p it must seem hilariously sad to anyone who has never played it though. guilty pleasure indeed.

I know I know! I'm hoping this thread dies and no one can see us now, lol.

I mean I never really liked Rinoa in the party but she HAD to be with Squall, right?
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    I know I know! I'm hoping this thread dies and no one can see us now, lol.

I mean I never really liked Rinoa in the party but she HAD to be with Squall, right?
    Oh she definitely had to be with him :p but I liked her in my party. Her dog had a fucking amazing attack. It was like the meteor thing but with dog hits and mega powerful :D

oh my god this is lame...

:)
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    wash_ wrote:
    Saw this thread whilst listening to my guilty pleasure....

The Genesis 'Turn it on'.

Now, I hate Phil Collins...the music is just too cheesy for me. I rip my brother endlessly for liking them. But this song is really quite catchy. So instead of saying I hate Phil Collins/Genesis apart from one song, it's easier to say I hate them full stop.

I will never tell my brother I downloaded that song, he'll end up ripping me.

not to change the topic but sure....phil collins is shite, but genesis should NOT be referred to us a guilty pleasure...as long as you listen to peter gabriel era genesis. ;)

and ms, haiku - i LOVED that flick! i started a thread for it when it first came out and i don't think ANYone responded! really well done.

this place is a bit of a guilty pleasure as well. :o i am not 'embarassed' by it, but sure...for those who don't understand the pj love, and/or the sense of friendship/community messageboards may offer, yea..it feels like a guilty pleasure indeed. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Oh she definitely had to be with him :p but I liked her in my party. Her dog had a fucking amazing attack. It was like the meteor thing but with dog hits and mega powerful :D

oh my god this is lame...

:)

I do have to admit i liked when she got all that crazy ass magic. :D But Squalls Limit Break was still the best FF Limit break ever.

Oh my, we ARE lame! :eek:
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    I do have to admit i liked when she got all that crazy ass magic. :D But Squalls Limit Break was still the best FF Limit break ever.

Oh my, we ARE lame! :eek:
    You think this is lame? :D I downloaded the FFVIII soundtrack the other day. All FOUR discs of it :) I haven't even played it for about 2 years but I was prompted to get the tunes when one of my insanely amusing friends decided to stick Eyes on me on the stereo at a New Year's Eve party. Now that's lame :)
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    You think this is lame? :D I downloaded the FFVIII soundtrack the other day. All FOUR discs of it :) I haven't even played it for about 2 years but I was prompted to get the tunes when one of my insanely amusing friends decided to stick Eyes on me on the stereo at a New Year's Eve party. Now that's lame :)

I know, i actually love talking about it. I just had to throw out that i thought it was lame in case you did, but you don't so now i can tell the truth.

FF8 had the best video cutscenes, like that D-day shore landing thing, when the gardens attack....:D
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    I know, i actually love talking about it. I just had to throw out that i thought it was lame in case you did, but you don't so now i can tell the truth.

FF8 had the best video cutscenes, like that D-day shore landing thing, when the gardens attack....:D
    I think it's safe to say it is the best game ever :p guilty pleasure or not. I think the best cutscene was the Lunar Cry one in space. I also loved VII but I never did get into it as much :D
  • cutback wrote:
    point break is the greatest compilation of gobbledygook ever.......and i watch it ever time it's on....:o

and to see overacting at his best....john c reilly....:)

I loved that movie. I used to know every line. Now, I think it's pretty shit... but it's still so cool! :o
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I feel no guilt really, but it is certainly a pleasurable experience whenever I lay eyes upon Kirsten Dunst.
    Ok, maybe slight guilt can ensue, but really the pleasure out weighs it...mmm
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • TOTALLY "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and its spinoff "Angel". But I've met some cool people on here who like these shows as well. It's more of a guilty pleasure because of the subject matter. In my opinion, they are two of the finest television shows to ever air, and I wish I could proudly say that I love them as much as I do without getting ridiculed. I think the writing and acting (except on the part of Sarah Michelle Gellar...I can't stand her although I love almost every other character in the Buffyverse) are absolutely brilliant for the most part, and other than some of the earlier episodes which were closer to bad B-movies than anything, it's really a work of art.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    whenever cory is here...;)
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • singing along to "Send Her My Love" by Journey or "Time for Me to Fly" by REO Speedwagon...

:o:o:o:o
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • the HBO show Rome, only 2 seasons but sooooooo good and also The Young and the Restless
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~PJ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ KoL ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/14/95, Charlotte 2000, 2003:4/15, 4/16, 7/1, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 2006: 5/27, 5/28, 5/30;6/17/08, 6/28/08
    *** www.myspace.com/pirljamgirl***
  • Ms. Haiku wrote:
    When Luke and Laura were the big thing - I was there cheering them on! Didn't they get married on the show about the same time that Prince Charles and Lady Diana were married? My grandma got us into GH when she visited us.
    I think 1981 was the big year for both, but I was only two at the time. I blame my affection for General Hospital on my Mom. While never an avid GH watcher, she did watch it while she was pregnant with me, alongside Anna Scorpio who was pregnant with Robyn. :)
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    cutback wrote:

Heh - I love it too - I like seeing Anthony Kiedis in it as well.

I've gotten into watching America's Next Top Model - I think that counts. It is definitely entertaining.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    singing along to "Send Her My Love" by Journey or "Time for Me to Fly" by REO Speedwagon...

:o

that's awesome...and i truly mean it. :D

and i would seriously indulge my guilty pleasure, if only keanu would be up for it. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• the occasional "Beauty and the Geek", "I love New York", "Parental Control", "Next" :o
  • The Young and the Restless

:D:D:D

That's my "story", too! lol! :o I blame my mom and sister, who watched it when I was little...and then my college roommate who got me back into it when I was 21.

My other guilty pleasure is gossip web sites. I can't stop looking at them. :o
  • Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    cutback wrote:

and to see overacting at his best....john c reilly....:)

John C. McGinley was the actor.. and yes way overacting
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.