Options

"Is Pearl Jam a Christian Band?"

2»

Comments

• Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    snipes824 wrote:
    it sucks for jews who wanted it as a tattoo though. no matter the meaning behind it, it still looks like a damn cross.

this was Ed's intent to piss off Jewish people because Adam Sandler made fun him on SNL.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    dirtyT wrote:
    this was Ed's intent to piss off Jewish people becuae Adam Sandler made fun him on SNL.

Aww...and see, I LOVE Sandler...I imagine him to be a big Pearl Jam fan.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    snipes824 wrote:
    it sucks for jews who wanted it as a tattoo though. no matter the meaning behind it, it still looks like a damn cross.

I heard Ed is in the process of designing a matzah ball shirt, no worries!!!!!
  • Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Aww...and see, I LOVE Sandler...I imagine him to be a big Pearl Jam fan.
    I know me too, I heard he was a big PJ fan, but Ed in his sinister mind, was thinking, I am going to get back at Billy Madison by creating a PJ shirt that resembles a cross of the christians.....it was almost too simple!!!!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    Gremmie95 wrote:
    I heard Ed is in the process of designing a matzah ball shirt, no worries!!!!!
    i hope it's edible. mmmm... matzah balls.
  • Options
    Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    snipes824 wrote:
    i hope it's edible. mmmm... matzah balls.

tasty little buggers, aren't they?
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    dirtyT wrote:
    I know me too, I heard he was a big PJ fan, but Ed in his sinister mind, was thinking, I am going to get back at Billy Madison by creating a PJ shirt that resembles a cross of the christians.....it was almost too simple!!!!

Billy, No milk will ever be our milk.

"oooooooooo.....That wasnt very nice.....what about you sideburns?"

I just want a beer......
  • Options
    Tackalac wrote:
    Billy, No milk will ever be our milk.

"oooooooooo.....That wasnt very nice.....what about you sideburns?"

I just want a beer......

Actually the janitor replied, "I'd rather have a beer". Not that I know EVERY line in that movie. :rolleyes: :eek:

• Options
    Actually the janitor replied, "I'd rather have a beer". Not that I know EVERY line in that movie. :rolleyes: :eek:

Yeah......I dont remember either.....congratulations...its gunna be a soccer player!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    EvilRabbit wrote:
    I've had people mistake it for a cross.

You should see their face when I reply..."Hahaha, no it's definitely not a cross, it's a Pearl Jam shirt, and I'm an atheist."

Man, some people are so scared of atheists.

And some atheists are scared of Christians.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    Tackalac wrote:
    Before Christianity, the total cummulative amount of people that ever lived on the earth equaled 21.5 million people. During the Years that Christianity has been present, a total estimate of 10.3 Billion people have lived (including those still alive today) . Fire has killed a total of 121 million people, whereas Christianity has killed or tortured 975 million humans.

Thought these numbers may be less than perfect, consider my two sources:

http://www.fuzzynumbers.com
    http://www.factfucker.com
    Jesus, you're a real fucking barrel of laughs.

I guess the smiley face wasn't enough, eh?
  • Options
    jwillmo wrote:
    Jesus, you're a real fucking barrel of laughs.

I guess the smiley face wasn't enough, eh?

Hahahahahah.....I was actually laughing quite hardly as I made all those numbers up.........I liked your joke too, so simmer down you saladface.....

hahahah :)

I guess a smiley face is the new small hand wave when you cut someone off.... :)

fuck you

:)

hahahah
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    Tackalac wrote:
    Hahahahahah.....I was actually laughing quite hardly as I made all those numbers up.........I liked your joke too, so simmer down you saladface.....

hahahah :)

I guess a smiley face is the new small hand wave when you cut someone off.... :)

fuck you

:)

hahahah
    Fuck me, indeed. I seriously thought you had done some sort of equation to come up with that.

I like your analogy. It always seems like when someone does something really stupid on the road, I get really pissed and yell and curse, and then I see the hand wave and I'm alright. I don't know what it is.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    EvilRabbit wrote:
    I've had people mistake it for a cross.

You should see their face when I reply..."Hahaha, no it's definitely not a cross, it's a Pearl Jam shirt, and I'm an atheist."

Man, some people are so scared of atheists.
    That's funny....LOL

Course the truth is the most freightening...especially if it goes to the core of everything in which you believe.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    snipes824 wrote:
    Actually, what sucks more for a Jew who wants that tattoo is that tattoos aren't allowed according to Jewish law. :)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    No they are not a Christian band, but they occasionally touch on Christian tenets.

I wonder if they are just very open minded and perhaps are wise enough to think that there is more than just one way to live a life that is a balanced existance that respects others without hiding behind any sort of label other than human being?
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,492
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:

Thank you. That brightened my day.

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    great movie!!! :D:D

It really is.

• Options
    ringoringo Posts: 504
    "I'd never suck Satan's cock"

I think that's the definition of Christianity.

:cool:
    d'oh