Options

what do people do on new year's eve

Comments

• Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Party at my house. Stevie style.

And some dude from my neighborhood asked me if he could bring over a refridgerator full of beer. I looked at him like he was the Christ Almighty and almost kissed his feet!

Is he single?? Send him my way!!!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Is he single?? Send him my way!!!

Nope. Married. Kid. Everyone in my neighborhood is married. Cookie-cutter Wisteria Lane type. Minus the gorgeous model-type looking wives.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Nope. Married. Kid. Everyone in my neighborhood is married. Cookie-cutter Wisteria Lane type. Minus the gorgeous model-type looking wives.

Of course they're all married. They're ALWAYS married.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Of course they're all married. They're ALWAYS married.

Sorry. No worries. I'm the only PJ fan in the neighborhood anyway.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    RayneRayne Posts: 99
    A friend of mine throws a big bash every year with a theme. This year it's a movie theme so I'm dressing up as Lara Croft. She's doing Trinity from the Matrix...should be a blast, and safe since we'll all just sleep over. I much prefer New Years to this blasted Christmas bullshit.
    Underneath this smile lies everything...How I choose to feel, is how I AM!
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~
  • Options
    recently the hubby and I have been going for a nice dinner and relaxing the rest of the night

this is what we do. going to my fave place for dinner probably with the bro-in-law this year since he's solo...and then we shall come home, light EVERY candle in the LR - and there are LOTS during the holidays - light a fire, put on some music, open a bottle of wine, and enjoy. watch the ball drop and then who knows? ;) haha.

in past years we have gone to some *big* parties, some house parties...and one year saw the black crowes at MSG. the crowes was FUN! and no driving, very cool....the rest, nice, but yes, i rather not be out on the roads.....thus why except for cool concerts at msg....i prefer staying very local for dinner, then home. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Our first year together, we went to see the Flaming Lips and The White Stripes in Chicago. That was a fucking blast. Everyone should ring in the new year with The Flaming Lips. :D We've gone to other NYE shows, but that was my favorite.

Since we have a little one, we'll probably just hang out here. We'll order something good for dinner and just hang out and enjoy each other's company. ;)
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    i have never had any desire to go to times square either for all the reasons previously stated in this thread and my idea of fun is not going to some overpriced bar where i can't hear anyone speak and it's super crowded.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Usually, I host a party, and have done so for the last several years. This year, not hosting a party, but we'll be heading out on the town to be awesome. Bangin.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    I've done just about everything on New Year's Eve, but find myself enjoying a quiet NYE in recent years. To me, New Year's Eve has all this hype, yet it's really no different than your average Saturday night out, except it's more crowded and expensive. Growing up, my parents didn't go out for NYE, and spent the night with us kids. We'd either go out for dinner or order in food and then spend the night listening to music, eating way too much food, and playing cards and board games. I really enjoyed our NYE's traditions. The older I get, the less I want to go out and party on NYE, and instead enjoy my old NYE traditions (with a little alcohol instead of pop :) ) with close friends or family.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    usually very quiet, but this year, goin to new york city with some of the college friends to ring in the new year (but not times square). should be a blast.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    why??????? id rather party in a house

up there u cant drink or do anything in the streets,, i dont see the fun in that?
    plus u cant move,, no where to use bathrooms

yeah im just messin with you!!! i agree with being in a crowd where u cant move. i think we are all going to san diego. we got a room and stuff by the action so we can party hardcore. in san diego. :eek:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    try to stay awake
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    will be at bros house as of now, it could change to just staying home will see how this week goes i don't mind just sitting at home withthe wife & kids nice fire a bottle of champagne food ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Deep_DKDeep_DK Posts: 151
    I'm having dinner with some friends this year, and later we will join another party.

I'm not really a big fan of new year. Just reminds me that another year has gone by and I havn't achieved anything. And I don't like fireworks!!
    It's not a crime to free your mind.
  • Options
    I've never really liked it. there is so much pressure to "do" something. over the years I've gone to a couple house parties, done quiet gatherings with my girlfriends from college, gone to first night in boston, hung out in bars with a couple people, and last year I flew home to have a date with my new boyfriend. I've never done anything incredibly exciting. this year I'm not doing anything. I don't have many friends in this town anymore and the ones I have have plans. my parents are having a party- if they have any food edible by a vegetarian I might go up there...I'm pretty sure I'll be working late anyway. Yeah, I've never thought it's anything that it's cracked up to be. I prefer to go out and get hammered on st. patricks day.
  • Options
    I've never really liked it. there is so much pressure to "do" something. over the years I've gone to a couple house parties, done quiet gatherings with my girlfriends from college, gone to first night in boston, hung out in bars with a couple people, and last year I flew home to have a date with my new boyfriend. I've never done anything incredibly exciting. this year I'm not doing anything. I don't have many friends in this town anymore and the ones I have have plans. my parents are having a party- if they have any food edible by a vegetarian I might go up there...I'm pretty sure I'll be working late anyway. Yeah, I've never thought it's anything that it's cracked up to be. I prefer to go out and get hammered on st. patricks day.
    There is a lot of hype and pressure for NYE, and many people are usually left disappointed, and broke. While there is a lot of hype with St. Patrick's Day, at least it's a more laid back occasion and not so much pressure.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    i'm going to see velvet revolver at hammerstein if scott can keep himself from getting arrested between now and monday night. never been to a nye concert.
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • Options
    i'm going to see velvet revolver at hammerstein if scott can keep himself from getting arrested between now and monday night. never been to a nye concert.

cool I saw them a few years ago and it was an awesome show.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    roar wrote:
    go watch the space needle explode! (fireworks)

that sounds cool and those pictures look incredible.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,582
    I used to bang pots and pans when I was a kid. Now I bang my man. Sex marathon baby.
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810

sounds like a good nye plan. that's what i ahouls have considered.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,582
    I did the Showbox Melvins show last NYE. They did like 3 countdowns. Unfortunately, my date was not as fun as a stick and mud.
  • Options
    tish wrote:
    I used to bang pots and pans when I was a kid. Now I bang my man. Sex marathon baby.

which man? the boyfriend, the neighbor, or the date who wouldn't leave?
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    I've never really done anything all that exciting for NYE. Last year we watched the Dick Clark countdown show, year before that did fireworks at the wife's (girlfriend at the time) parent's house, and before that either alone doing nothing or getting paid to play video games with grade school kids while their parents went out and got trashed.

This year, I got a grill for Christmas from the wife so I'm going to do steaks and she's going to bake potatos and make a salad. We're going open a bottle of pretty decent champagne and enjoy each other's company as we count down to 2008.
  • Options
    I think we're going to hooters. I owe the husband, we just got back from 8 days with my family... Hooters is the least I could do!
  • Options
    I think we're going to hooters. I owe the husband, we just got back from 8 days with my family... Hooters is the least I could do!
    Hooters?? Really?? That's like masturbation without the payoff. You should either take him to a strip club or take care of business yourself. That is unless he just likes the food there more than other places...
  • Options
    Hooters?? Really?? That's like masturbation without the payoff. You should either take him to a strip club or take care of business yourself. That is unless he just likes the food there more than other places...

Hahaha! I didn't say that was the end of the night :) We like the wings there.. haha..
  • Options
    Hahaha! I didn't say that was the end of the night :) We like the wings there.. haha..
    Oh ok, just checking ;)