X-MAS Bonus

faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
anyone get x-mas bonus where they work?
i happened to come across an email from my boss to his book keeer and i think im getting a 40 hr week bonus. plus a dollar raise. i know the raise is forsure but not positive bout the bonus.
Just, not enough.
I need more.
Nothing seems to satisfy.
I said, I dont want it.
I just need it.
To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• We don't get a "Christmas Bonus" per say but we get quarterly bonuses through out the year

We get them 9 weeks after a quarter ends, so the last one I got for quarter 3 came in around mid-November

Just like a Christmas Bonus really
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Just a membership to the jelly of the month club. The gift that keeps on giving the whole year.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Just a membership to the jelly of the month club. The gift that keeps on giving the whole year.
    lol, i so knew the clark griswald comments would come with this. lol.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • I'm really hoping for a bonus.. Most families give their nannies bonuses, but I do know I am getting gifts for sure.

a bonus would be stellar though, who doesn't need cash around the holidays!
  • No bonus for me, but I get like a $50 store credit if I complete my entire holiday employment assignment without missing a day.

I guess holiday employees are not typically the most reliable. Anyway, I think that's kind of nice. :)
  • No bonus for me, but I get like a $50 store credit if I complete my entire holiday employment assignment without missing a day.

I guess holiday employees are not typically the most reliable. Anyway, I think that's kind of nice. :)

That is nice! When I was a manager in retail over the holidays all of my front end staff would call out, and leave me totally in a bind. It was the worst! Props to them for giving out a reward!
  • cat72cat72 Posts: 2,993
    Bonus? I get to work on Christmas. :(
  • My company gives me a good ole Ass-Fuckin for Xmas....

Here's your Bonus!!!!!
    the Minions
  • My company gives me a good ole Ass-Fuckin for Xmas....

Here's your Bonus!!!!!

That make you take it dry ? or can you lube up first ?

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • bonus????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know i am working christmas eve....
    and i will probably get stuck working some hours christmas day.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i'm working xmas eve as well.......bad year, first time ever no bonus.......that's a thousand dollars down the drain, but the tree is up, cookies are being made, and scaled back.......christmas time is here!:)
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I have doube salary in December. The 2nd salary is more taxed so it's a bit less than the usual one. But in December, my salary is about 180% of my salary of the other months of the year.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    anyone get x-mas bonus where they work?
    i happened to come across an email from my boss to his book keeer and i think im getting a 40 hr week bonus. plus a dollar raise. i know the raise is forsure but not positive bout the bonus.
    Of course you may end up getting fired for reading Emails intended for other employees.
    Merry Christmas. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    My first full year with the firm, and I received a 23.5% bonus, quite happy and unexpected, especially in a down market. Now looking to use that as a down payment on my first house.
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I work for a small company but i got 300 bucks.

I know others who get a lot more but i'm just happy with what i got. It helped buy xmas gifts this year because cash was tight. If it wasn't for that i'd be throwing it on the old credit card.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • No bonus for me. Maybe we'll get a gift card or something. Maybe.

My husband has always gotten a bonus. At least $500. No go this year. They can't even make payroll. Not even making payroll Friday - the Friday before Christmas. How bad is that???? We're both super mad. And the worst part is??? They bitch about it.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    $3500 this year. :)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    nope ,,mine is feb and aug

and i get to work xmas and new years eve
  • Around 5 hundred. Getting it this week.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • nope... maybe a bottle of wine or something like that (that they get free from sponsors anyway).

My company pays decent, but other than that they are so cheap that they charge for our holiday party.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Get 5% of our gross pay for Christmas and in April we get the BIG bonus that is rated on your performance which can sometimes equal half your total salary for the year (plus the promotion and raise as well in April too)....April is my Christams bonus....
  • anyone get x-mas bonus where they work?

NICE! :)

when i used to teach, we got a christmas 'bonus' of oooooooo....about $100. :rolleyes: teaching in a private school does not pay well, hahaha. now, i know it's a gift and all, but yea.....not a whole lot. our christmas parties were beyond sad as well, no alcohol.

this year as i now work fr a big firm i am hoping for something nice. :D i know associates and such get serious bonuses depending on the business for the year. since i am support/parallel staff, dunno hw it all works...but it sounds like we do get 'something'....so looking forward to whatever *it* may be. i DO know our christmas party is a huge bash and pricey, but ALL our parties are, and always a blast.....and ONLY staff, no significant others......so good times!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• we get bonuses (if they are deserved) but they are related to christmas. I think we get them in march.
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    My bonus was getting put on part time until more work comes my way! So great right before the Holidays. Bastards!!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Yeah, I do. Not sure how much it will be though.

Hoping for at least $1000!

Pay off my flight back to Chicago, buy some Christmas gifts, and maybe pay off a little bit of debt...well, maybe a couple of videogames instead. :D That debt will go away come tax season *fingers crossed for a big return!*
  • We dont even get a freaking Christmas party. A bonus? Not happening.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    We dont even get a freaking Christmas party. A bonus? Not happening.

Meh, Christmas parties are lame anyways...I skipped mine and went bowling instead! LOL :D

Sorry you aren't getting a bonus though, that's a bummer!
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    mca47 wrote:
    Meh, Christmas parties are lame anyways...I skipped mine and went bowling instead! LOL :D

xmas parties are lame ,,but u went bowling?

lol bowling?
    NY PJ1 wrote:

lol bowling?

LOL!
    Damn right!

I'm actually on a bowling league and we played on the night of my party.
    Beer + Bowling + Friends
    vs
    Lame party + Coworkers

Wasn't too hard of a decision! :D
  • mca47 wrote:

NYPJ1 wrote:

lol bowling?
    The sit down, eat your chicken and listen to Johnny Mathis Christmas parties are lame, I'll give you that. The open bar, sex laden debachery parties my old company used to have. Those kicked ass.

And I love bowling. I'm terrible at it, but I'm great at drinking beer and rocketing that ball down the lane.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.