facebook or myspace

2»

Comments

• elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Facebook is too chocker with stalker types, set myself up for a couple of months and it only served to reiterate why I'd lost contact with certain some in the first place. Irritating to see photo's of myself in the 'Old Days' album of some nobs I hung around with who now front themselves as the vigorous and strong type, seems like I'm one of the few from my schooldays who ain't spent the vast proportion of his time since pumpin' in the gym. S'good for finding old girlfriends and trying to weasel my way back in though, hehehe.
  • i like facebook better
  • faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    I have both. I like them both for different reasons. I have some friends on one that I don't have on the other.

I like Facebook better.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• I have both, but barely use either. I also have a Bebo account, which takes things up another notch on the Ridiculous Ladder.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    As a uni student I loved Facebook. Was better 2 years ago when it only allowed students and didn't have all the ads and gimmicks that clutter everything up. I've just graduated though, so I don't know how much use I'll make out of it now, but it's good for sharing photos from nights out and parties.

I used to have a myspace but deleted it after I stopped using it a few years ago in favour of facebook. Everything I liked about myspace is on facebook without the stupid stuff so once I got facebook there was no need for myspace.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    But Myspace isn't for conversations. Thats what AIM or the phone are for. It's for sending letters, just staying in contact with people and seeing what they are up to.
    true... but even just to leave a little message... sometimes I get so fed up waiting for the page to load I just give up :o

And I have PLENTY of conversations on facebook... it has its own instant messaging thing too.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    good point. some people bog down their myspace with too much crap.
    errr......i wonder how long it takes for mine to upload? hehehe
    so with facebook are you telling me that won't happen...everybody's page is low KBs?
    Oh some pages still take up to a minute to load... cos they have all the stupid applications... but it's much easier to clear up your page and get rid of those.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    Oh some pages still take up to a minute to load... cos they have all the stupid applications... but it's much easier to clear up your page and get rid of those.

thanks.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    suns rival wrote:
    Friendster :D

I just found my friendster page the other day. Ha. I can't remember my login though. I don't even know what email address I used. It was funny going back and seeing it still there. It's probably been at least 3 years since I logged in.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    neither...I have a myspace page but I rarely go on there. I have "friends" who rarely say hello...I think Im deleting some of them :p.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • libragirl wrote:
    neither...I have a myspace page but I rarely go on there. I have "friends" who rarely say hello...I think Im deleting some of them :p.

You should set up a facebook page. :) Then I could add you. Or I could ask. :o

Actually, the only real point to facebook (IMO) is that you can contact old school friends.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    You should set up a facebook page. :) Then I could add you. Or I could ask. :o

Actually, the only real point to facebook (IMO) is that you can contact old school friends.

I do have a facebook account..I haven't been on their in ages...but if I go on I will be happy to add you. :) i have to send an invite..i forget how it works
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Myspace