facebook or myspace

blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
which is better?
*~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• As a musician, I need myspace. I'm not impressed with the facebook ways of spreading the tunes.

As a human being, I like talking to friends on facebook.
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    Friendster :D
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    For music I use myspace and facebook for my friends. I don't really like myspace but it seems more and more bands are using this as their "official" site and it's the only way I know when they are touring.
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    I don't have any of those.....YET!!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    I'm a dork... I use both.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    which has more users? anybody know?

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,773
    which has more users? anybody know?

I'm guessing myspace. It's been around a little longer. But more and more are joining facebook.
    I miss igotid88
  • I don't know much about facebook, but everyone that I know to have a page has myspace. Can't you do more with myspace?
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • facebook is boring and myspace is hideous. kind of a lose/lose situation.
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    well, i like myspace because i can design my page. i don't like it because of some of the stupid stuff on there. their applications/games can be a bit risky to your computer (or so i hear, i never use any of them). also myspace isn't so strict about the pictures you post.

i've never used facebook, but i've heard that you can't design your page, that it's all uniform. but it's safer than myspace. less spam, less risque pics and applications.

so there are good and bad things for both. i'm already set up on myspace with family and friends so i don't think i'll ever join facebook.
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    I have had a My Space account longer than Facebook, but I really like the format of Facebook (and all the little extras--well, sometimes. they can get annoying if you have too many).

That being said, My Space lets you be a little more creative with your page.

So, try both. It can't hurt. I have found a couple of people from the pit on both!

Get a my space page and be my "friend" :)http://www.myspace.com/seregrrl

Take care,
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • kristophedkristophed Posts: 73
    Facebook
  • "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    2 years ago i wouldve said facebook hands down... lately though it has tried to hard at pandering a "tween" (god i hate that word :p) audience... the applications are horrible! i cant even rely on FB to remind me of parties/events anymore because that section is hidden behind advertisements, make believe "gifts", and people FB thinks i might want to be "friends" with... FB was more fun and less potentially job threatening when it was only for college students

that being said, the layout is still much more mature and hangover friendly than myspace (which is clearly not intended for those prone to seizures)... but i guess in both cases its up to the user how much useless shit he/she wants to add to their personal page

i will agree though that facebook is SHIT when it comes to allowing music sharing or music of any kind which is why so many artists use myspace

go for facebook! unless youre a band
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Go for facebook unless you're a band... I agree with that completely.

I fucking hate myspace... It makes me feel like I'm 10. Facebook makes me feel like I'm a much more mature 17 year old. It's WAY better and easier to catch up with people.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    Neither. If I want a web page, I'll just write one myself and either find some free hosting elsewhere or pay for hosting and my own domain name.

That said, I do have a facebook account, but I haven't used it since 2006. I really should just delete my account there since I don't use it. Anybody I've wanted to keep in touch with, I have by calling them and hanging out with them. Don't need a web site to help me do that. Anybody I haven't kept in touch with, well there's probably a reason for that....
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Bebo

I use myspace for listening to music but cant remember the last time i went on my own site. Bebo is ok for friends, never started a facebook.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • pjhunz28pjhunz28 Posts: 206
    i like myspace
    9/26/96, 9/15/98, 8/29/00, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 7/23/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV
    Boston 1
  • HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    miespacio
    Nice to know you.
  • As a musician, I need myspace. I'm not impressed with the facebook ways of spreading the tunes.

As a human being, I like talking to friends on facebook.

I can't remember my password to myspace. The only reason I'd go back on there would be to listen to your music and like you said, facebook isn't very good for that.
    You'll have to make some videos, Fins. Then I could put them on my facebook page. ;)
  • Go for facebook unless you're a band... I agree with that completely.

I fucking hate myspace... It makes me feel like I'm 10. Facebook makes me feel like I'm a much more mature 17 year old. It's WAY better and easier to catch up with people.

It's also good for trying to annoy people by repeatedly poking them.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    MrSmith wrote:
    facebook is boring and myspace is hideous. kind of a lose/lose situation.
    So what do you use then?

I have no problem with Myspace. I think its great for keeping in touch with friends I haven't seen in years!
    Go for facebook unless you're a band... I agree with that completely.

Why does it make you feel like you're 10?
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Why does it make you feel like you're 10?
    either 10 years old or watching overstimulating japanese television... its WAY too much shit going on at once on most peoples pages
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    sgossard3 wrote:
    either 10 years old or watching overstimulating japanese television... its WAY too much shit going on at once on most peoples pages
    You don't have to put all that shit on your page though, if your friends are doing it and it annoys you, that's YOUR friends.
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    I don't have any of those.....YET!!!

I thought I saw your profile supporting Dunk on facebook when he was banned.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    You don't have to put all that shit on your page though, if your friends are doing it and it annoys you, that's YOUR friends.
    yeh but some of the pages take too long to load... and I just can't be bothered clicking on those pages so it's not so easy to have a conversation with people.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    yeh but some of the pages take too long to load... and I just can't be bothered clicking on those pages so it's not so easy to have a conversation with people.
    But Myspace isn't for conversations. Thats what AIM or the phone are for. It's for sending letters, just staying in contact with people and seeing what they are up to.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    Motown322 wrote:
    I'm a dork... I use both.
    I'm a dork... I use neither.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509

good point. some people bog down their myspace with too much crap.
    errr......i wonder how long it takes for mine to upload? hehehe
    so with facebook are you telling me that won't happen...everybody's page is low KBs?