Now that the year is almost over...

2»

Comments

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I've had some high points, and some low points. From a pearl Jam perspective, Wembley was awesome.
    Managing to pass the year in college without any repeat exams for once was nice.
    I also have a much better idea of what I want to do when I leave college.

Some bad shit happened which I'm not going to go in to right now, but I can say that it's all behind me now, so I'm lookin forward with a positive attitude :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • All in all I had a pretty great year....way more highs than lows that's for sure!!! There are far more than I can list, but here are the highlights for the year!!!!

Lows -
    * my grandmother is very ill

Highs -
    * met someone and a beautiful relationship has developed, even better he's from this board!!! :D
    * had my first full year of self employment and it's wonderful
    * went to Vegas for the first time ever, to celebrate my 30th birthday
    * turned 30 and was surprisingly ok with it.....

I think 2008 is going to be a fantastic year!!!!! :)
  • well it's been a pretty amazing year for me... even MORE travelling, even MORE friends, even MORE PJ gigs and even MORE wonderful memories... and lotsa lost memories :D and a WONDERFUL new nephew :)

low points, sure some bad stuff has happened like losing a friend who didn't mean all that much to me anyway... and some other stuff... but all of this pales in comparison to losing hippiemom :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Seeing Pearl Jam for the 1st time at Wembley has been the saving grace of a pretty bad year.
    It was the most magical moment of my life to date.
    But to be honest I am quite sick of 2007, I can't wait for it to be over and when it's gone I shan't miss a thing about it.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Obi Once wrote:
    What are your high's and low's, new insights, thoughts, funny moments, whatever comes to mind of MMVII?
    Highs: The downfall of the despicable conservative Aussie government. New friends in Europe. the Copenhagen pre-show, soundcheck, the show itself, and watching Einat's 'ohmygod I have Mike's jacket' face. The marriage of two of my favourite people in the world, both PJ nuts no less. This is definitely the best year ever, far and away.

Lows: The end of Baba at Werchter, a lonely post-tour train ride from Leuven to Amsterdam, and the plane ride home from London to Sydney

New insights: I REALLY like the words in Parachutes, wheat beer is bloody awesome, and that wearing a mullet wig will attract people's attention

Thoughts: the touring experience is more about being with friends than the actual shows

Funny moments: mullet and aussie flag flopping in a stiff breeze, a bit drunk, running across the road from the Dusseldorf 10c queue to take a piss in the field, undoing my zipper, getting yelled at by 10c'ers to run away from the cops 3 metres off to my side, running a short distance down the road to finish the business, then running back to the queue and getting a cheer.

2007- the year when I found a home away from home.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • wow, hinn, your post brings back so many memories of similar incidents :D I definitely agree with wheat beer... I've discovered this in a BIG way this year :) and that the tours are now more about the friends than the tours... well not really, it's the ENTIRE experience makes it so special... take one ingredient out of the chocolate cake mix and all ya have is sponge :( now sponge is great and all that... but it's certainly no chocolate cake.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Obi Once wrote:
    I also was in Germany this summer (Düsseldorf - what a show!) for the 1st time in a long while (longer than a few hours) and I had a great time too! Friendly and helpful ppl all around.. Jager-bars... good times!

For me in no particular order:

Learned that drinking, smiling and listening will get you laid.
    Met someone from the board and shared good times.

me too!
    :D

i met lots of 'someone's from the board, old and new....and had a blast in europe, again!
    got a new job - finally! - one that pays quite well and i enjoy in a bizarre way. :p
    really *rediscovered* our marriage, so HAPPY!
    appreciating the small stuff and always working on improving myself, life in general....loving the little moments.

the big downer of the year, losing hippiemom. :(

i AM really looking forward to 2008....b/c 2007 improvements didn't really get into full swing until mid-year, so i am hoping to be on an upwards tilt to carry forward! have some personal goals i'd like to reach in the new year, and as it is a *big* year for me, as in...i turn 40 at the end of 2008 :D...i really want to start off the new decade on a truly positive/happy note!

*i discovered i LOVE red wine, particularly pinot noir. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    highs - summer...my pm pictures :)...helping the little ones grow...Austin TX trip...buying a snowblower (which has REALLY come in handy)

lows - not getting to lolla...an ER trip...car accident...having pneumonia on the most perfect weather weekend this summer...not living as healthy as I need to be...need to work on that.
    I love to turn you on
  • highs
    - watching my little girl turn into a person :D
    - getting a part-time job and thus getting some much-needed structure back in my life!
    - celebrating my second anniversary with my husband, and loving him more than ever. :)
    - buying our first home
    - moving somewhere new, which has been a breath of fresh air

lows
    - money issues!!!
    - a couple of deaths and illnesses of people I care about
    - leaving Chicago, which was "our" place, was hard in some ways
    - slacking off on getting back in shape way too much!
  • Low: Finally having to leave a failing relationship and get a divorce from a marraige that was only bringing me despair.

High: Finding new love and realizing the world isnt such a bleak place.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Low points: My divorce, loosing my job and Hippiemom's passing.

High points: Meeting a wonderfull woman.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Highlights:

Sending my only child away to college and watching her become the wonderful, strong, independent woman I know she can be

Celebrating a first wedding anniversary in the Grand Tetons and seeing a Great Grey Owl

Finding something new, every day that makes me love my wonderful husband more and more

Lowlights:

Missing that same daughter away at college

Learning (again) that life and love are fragile things and to be sure and savor every moment

Discovering that last year's jean are a bit too tight!
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    i was searching for the year this album was made
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • highs: getting back with my best friend (i had lost contact with)
    lows: my mom having breastcancer
  • Lows

- Having a friend commit suicide. I still remember talking to him for the last time.
    - Having to watch my daughter scream bloody murder in an emergency room hospital bed and not be able to do anything about it.
    - Turning 30
    - Hearing we weren't going to have another baby afterall.
    - Put on way too much weight. Got really out of shape.

Highs

- Band became better and more popular this year. Playing to bigger crowds in better venues, in other states.
    - Celebrated my sixth year of marriage to the most beautiful person in the world.
    - Turning 30
    - Reconnected with old friends, made some new ones.
    - Paid off more bills, got rid of financially dead weight
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Insight: No more whiskey before leaving the house.
    your light's reflected now
  • risarisa Posts: 42
    Highs

-a boracay trip during the off season... when rates are low and the tides are high...
    -nephews, born September and October
    -most days turned out to be quite good

Lows

-a friend leaves to study in NY
    -a family member suffers a heart attack
    -lots of weight gain
    -not being able to graduate college this year

things will be better in '08. hopefully...
    i waited all day.
    you waited all day..
    but you left before sunset..

...should have stayed for the sunset...
    if not for me.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Obi Once wrote:
    What are your high's and low's, new insights, thoughts, funny moments, whatever comes to mind of MMVII?

the low points are HISTORY in what we call 2007 thannnnnk GOD!!! its a new year which holds alot of good things for me and everyone AROUND me. I am looking forward to quality time with a friend soon and also looking forward to a WAY better year. A wise man once said "i know its hard to see with the sun in your eyes, but one day you're gonna say you saw the light..." the most important thing is ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    My highs were the traveling I did in September and October. My lows are that I didn't stay there.
  • a new is about to start..woot
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”