Now that the year is almost over...

Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
What are your high's and low's, new insights, thoughts, funny moments, whatever comes to mind of MMVII?
your light's reflected now
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    The first (and only) low that comes to mind is losing Hippiemom. :( Other than that it was a great year for us. Went to Germany for the first time and had a blast-saw PJ in Munich, met new friends and saw quite a bit of the country which we loved. On a plus and minus side, the humane society where I volunteer doing the books acquired the county contract which had been under contract with a for profit organization. The plus is that the animals will be much better off. The negative is that I am swamped; it doubled by work load. But, another plus is that another volunteer who's also retired from accounting is helping out, so all in all a good situation. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • All I can say is 2008...... new start..... hopefully a new girl.... new philosophy.... a new me.... carry on
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Been the most important, eventful and life-changing year for me of my life, some good and some bad. It's all experience so onwards and upwards.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    wolfbear wrote:
    The first (and only) low that comes to mind is losing Hippiemom. :( Other than that it was a great year for us. Went to Germany for the first time and had a blast-saw PJ in Munich, met new friends and saw quite a bit of the country which we loved. On a plus and minus side, the humane society where I volunteer doing the books acquired the county contract which had been under contract with a for profit organization. The plus is that the animals will be much better off. The negative is that I am swamped; it doubled by work load. But, another plus is that another volunteer who's also retired from accounting is helping out, so all in all a good situation. :)
    Impressive and it sounds to me like ur volunteer work is really contributing. Good to hear you're getting help, good intentions and action evoke positive things, from others too.
    I was in Germany this summer (Düsseldorf - what a show!) for the 1st time in a long while (longer than a few hours) and I had a great time too! Friendly and helpful ppl all around.. Jager-bars... good times!
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Been the most important, eventful and life-changing year for me of my life, some good and some bad. It's all experience so onwards and upwards.
    I've felt for some years that every year has been the most eventful, life changing year... Will agree 2007 has been a big change in my perspective on life, the universe and everything..

For me in no particular order:

I snowboarded the most beautiful, untouched piste of my life.
    Learned love can keep me going in circles.
    Recovered from a broken heart.
    Broke a heart.
    Had the 1st wedding in my group of friends.
    Moved to a new apartment and love it.
    Met someone from the board and shared good times.
    Improved my guitar playing.
    My best friend is getting married.
  • 2007 has been the best year of my life. I got married to a great girl, got a new puppy and saw the Smashing Pumpkins for the first time...I can't ask for too much more than that.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
    One other thing that comes to mind after numerous posts tonight is this board. I have really enjoyed the ups and the downs and just the amazing community that it is. The Hippiemom tributes, the sharing of music, the support, the way the people on this board can overwhelm a vh1 poll! It's just very cool. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • wolfbear wrote:
    One other thing that comes to mind after numerous posts tonight is this board. I have really enjoyed the ups and the downs and just the amazing community that it is. The Hippiemom tributes, the sharing of music, the support, the way the people on this board can overwhelm a vh1 poll! It's just very cool. :)

I concur with this.... biggest highlight of this year , this board.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• JDE-PJJDE-PJ Posts: 721
    Personally, I just want health for myself and my loved ones, next year has to be better than this.

Other than my friend and his wife having a baby boy, this year is one to be forgotten.
    I know someday you will have a beautiful Life

Jason
  • Whoa, what a rollercoaster year's this been for me :eek:
    I can't even list everything right now...
    The low was probably not geeting a visa to go to US for the summer and not gettting a job, actually not knowing if I'd have one after the summer...but it worked out well.
    Lots of high and lows in between, to many too list, it's mostly my mood changes I've been having a lot, especially this year.
    But highs have always been having friends over from different countries (see below ;)) and just doing things that make me happy not thinking how everyday life sucks, haha. Ok, I'm getting too phylosophycal now. :D
    But all in all, it was a good year, probably one of my best ones,
    regarding PJ and just getting to know lots of people from the PJ community...
    and getting to know myself, actually, the new me....I won't even go there now, it's late... But hopefully, 2008. will be even better :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • JDE-PJ wrote:
    Personally, I just want health for myself and my loved ones, next year has to be better than this.

Other than my friend and his wife having a baby boy, this year is one to be forgotten.

Yep.....

• iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    i'm most proud of the fact that, after a tremendous career low last november (being passed up for the promotion i had been working towards for years!), i was promoted to an even higher position...store manager bitches :D i'm a big fan of patience and things working out eventually. not the biggest fan of my new city...but i'm hoping that will all change next year and i'll be on the west coast !!

i also fell in love with chicago...thanks lolla. had waaayy too much fun.

sunday fundays are the most fun ever....as long as you don't have to open on monday!

i love shows/concerts...and am completely unafraid of talking to "famous" people.

living with friends can be the best and worst idea ever.

dancing around without a care in the world is my favorite way to spend a night out! i heart indie/hipster/scenester dance parties!!

i actually know how to cook...and i love it! and people don't vomit from eating my cooking.

i'm glad to spend another year with my grandparents...miracles :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,441
    I'm growing up:

I got my driver license.

Became employable, got my first credit card, held down my job for a year and bought myself something I always wanted.

Had the most amazing trip of my life. Even better than Bridge trips.

Started having orgasms on a regular basis with men. Let go of an old flame and opened myself up more to loving relationships.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    hmm lets see now.

upside:

i met someone who has become very special to me.

ive met some new people i now consider friends.

watching my grandaughter grow into a little person who constantly makes me laugh and smile and realise what life is all about.

i stayed with jeanie.

i saw TOOL 3 TIMES!!!!!!!

downside:

i seem to have lost a friend. :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    High Point: Going to NYC!!

Low Point: Putting my grandparents in a nursing home.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• High Point : Joining this forum!

Low Point: realizing that i have no life cause i'm on this forum 24/7 :p
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    Low Point: realizing that i have no life cause i'm on this forum 24/7 :p

You'll get over it...I promise.

• You'll get over it...I promise.
    i hope you're right. cause i mean we're talkin possible therapy here.

Therapist: Come In, Sit down
    DTL10: Hi
    Therapist: So, why are you here?
    DTL10:uhhhh..uh..
    Therapist: it okay, you can tell me anything.
    DTL10: well i'm kinda addicted to this forum website and i don.
    *gets cut off by therpist*
    Therapist: get the hell outta my office.

i hope you're right. cause i mean we're talkin possible therapy here.

Therapist: Come In, Sit down
    DTL10: Hi
    Therapist: So, why are you here?
    DTL10:uhhhh..uh..
    Therapist: it okay, you can tell me anything.
    DTL10: well i'm kinda addicted to this forum website and i don.
    *gets cut off by therpist*
    Therapist: get the hell outta my office.

The first rule of Fight Club is don't talk about Fight Club.

• high points: buying my jetta (I always wanted one!), Landing my most favorite job that I have had yet, being in the front row at Lolla, Celebrating my first wedding anniversary, losing 34lbs to date, getting my graduate school application out, my brother recovering from almost not making it.

low points: my brother being really sick (lowest low point ever), missing my family since I'm 800 miles away. losing some friends :(
    high points: buying my jetta (I always wanted one!), Landing my most favorite job that I have had yet, being in the front row at Lolla, Celebrating my first wedding anniversary, losing 34lbs to date, getting my graduate school application out, my brother recovering from almost not making it.

low points: my brother being really sick (lowest low point ever), missing my family since I'm 800 miles away. losing some friends :(

Well, on a positive note...you look great!! :)

• high points: buying my jetta (I always wanted one!), Landing my most favorite job that I have had yet, being in the front row at Lolla, Celebrating my first wedding anniversary, losing 34lbs to date, getting my graduate school application out, my brother recovering from almost not making it.

i'm assuming your family lives in valley somewhere?

sorry to hear about your bro.

• i miss being in grad school and the friends and boyfriend I had while I was there. that pretty much sums up my year.
  • Well, on a positive note...you look great!! :)

awww.. you're too kind!
  • wolfbear wrote:

I had no idea you did such awesome work :)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Good Things:

Great Trip to Whistler
    Great Trip to Chicago
    Meeting several new people and having them become friends.
    My Bug/squirrel/mouse

Bad Things:

Losing a good friend to Alcoholism (not dead, but no longer a good friend)
    NERDS!
    I had no idea you did such awesome work :)
    Thanks, but you do some pretty awesome work yourself! I am still in awe of my wolf print and our Munich! Thanks again. :)
  • making a number of good friends from here and actually meeting them in person.
    the chicago trip was good.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    - Some friends I've known for a long time almost gone completely under the radar, for one I think it's good, for at least 2 others I doubt they're on a right path..
    - An awful summer weather-wise, lowest number of days on the beach I can remember.
    + Rededicated myself to my Msc.
    + Learned a lot about myself, my habits and the effect they can have on me.
  • i'm assuming your family lives in valley somewhere?

sorry to hear about your bro.

They live in the Philadelphia suburbs
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    High Point: March 2, 2007 I ran 10 miles non-stop for the first time in my life.

Lo Point: Not getting into the PJ Chicago show. On the flip side, my co-workers were really empathic. I work with such nice people :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird