cloverfield

2»

Comments

• brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    AllIAm wrote:
    she was at the party that night but teddy was not because he's off fighting with tagruato

i bet he was part of TidoWave.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • most people just say that because there's a lot of hype put into the movies and they know there's a tons of fans so they like to play that part. kinda like the one guy who's never watched basketball but is rooting against the team that everyone in the entire room is going for. very very annoying. no logic behing it... it just is.

but i can see what people disliked about the ending... i kinda didn't like it either. but then all the better cause that means that there might be a part 2... :D

Yeah, I think it's one of those movies you either love or you hate- no in-between.

There have been comparisons to the Blair Witch Project because of the handycam aspect, otherwise they're not similar except that I remember with Blair Witch, people either loved it or hated it. People hated it because you never saw the witch. And in Cloverfield the monster isn't seen much. Some people need to be handed everything rather than using their imaginations.

It's why a book is always better than a movie.

I see it as an IQ test of sorts.

Did you Cloverfield lovers like Blair Witch?
    "Those who dance are called insane by people who don't hear the music."
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    **Note to those who havent seen it...keep your eyes open during the final two minutes of the movie...theres a little something you might see that will explain where the monster came from**

SPOILER***

you're definitely talking about the splash or explosion in the ocean.....

that was freaking awesome!!!

The object falling from the sky is a piece of a Japanese satellite.
    The Tagruato website even has a fake article mentioning this.

AllIAm wrote:
    watch the last 5 min carefully and stay till after the credits!!!

i remember hearing about the end credits...

so do you think he said "help us"?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Finally saw this movie last night...

I absolutely hated it. The acting was ridiculously bad and really took away from any positives the movie did have.

Good special effects. I didn't have any problem with how it ended.

Just the damn "acting" ruined it altogether.
  • I haven't seen it yet. It reminds me of the blairwitch project with the shaky camera work.
    So you buried all your lover's clothes
    and burned the letters lover wrote,
    but it doesn't make it any better.
    Does it make it any better?
  • other than the annoying camera man's constant attempt at comic relief, it was pretty decent
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    It had some good bits, but overall it ended feeling unfinished. Good for the realism. Bad for the audience's impression.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • When I was a kid, I can remember watching the Raymond Burr Godzilla and thinking, "Man, we would be totally fucked if a giant monster started rampaging around." This movie was a ton of fun for anyone who loved that idea and could have fun with it on a B-movie, shlock-factor kind of way. I didn't expect it to be a Scorsese flick, or even a Spielberg, but it harkened back to the saturday matinee "creature features" I loved as a kid. But now I can enjoy it with a bourbon or a beer!

ok
    "Should I tell you my room is walled up? In what way might I leave it? Here is how; Goodwill knows no obstacle. Nothing can stand before a deep desire. All I have to do is imagine a door." -Schultz

Trading stories with the leaves instead
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,764
    I miss igotid88
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    ^^^ Cool! Big huge draw in John Goodman for sure... And wow, how about that cover of Tiffany's Running Just As Fast As We Can?? :lol: I'll definitely go see this. I really liked the first one.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

^^^ Cool! Big huge draw in John Goodman for sure... And wow, how about that cover of Tiffany's Running Just As Fast As We Can?? :lol: I'll definitely go see this. I really liked the first one.

"I think we're alone now"
    I miss igotid88
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    igotid88 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Right, duh. I only played that record 10,000 times in grade 6, I shouldn't have made that mistake, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    This seems like it taking place in the days following the monster attack, but more focused on the human element. The budget is small (a third of the original), so Im assuming there will be very little Monster FX used.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    igotid88 said:

PJ_Soul said:

And it's the original version by Tommy James and the Shondells from 1967. It's just slowed down during the chorus.

igotid88 said:

PJ_Soul said:

And it's the original version by Tommy James and the Shondells from 1967. It's just slowed down during the chorus.
    yup

I like that nobody knew there would be a sequel. And it just came out of nowhere. Hard these days to not have something leaked out
    I miss igotid88