Options

for jeanie and her love of rgeat whites.

2»

Comments

• Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    All those vids are so cool...

The orcas around here don't beach themselves at all and I don't think the resident J Pod actually does that anyway. The realtor was just trying to show off his "knowledge". Killer Whales do like to play with their food, though, or just plain play...but when they play with people it's called an "attack", which it isn't.

Once on the news here in BC (just off Vancouver Island), there were some GreyWhales migrating, and a mother and her baby came up against the side of a fishing boat. The mom put her baby between her and boat, and all of a sudden these HUGE dorsal fins came screaming through the water (looked like sharks they were moving so fast) went under the boat and grabbed the baby whale...So then the mother Grey tried to attack the killer whales while still trying to keep the baby between her and the boat. It did not end well...And all this was captured on video. When I saw it, I was horrified and fascinated at the same time...Orcas gotta eat something...with depleating salmon stocks, which the seals normally eat, there aren't too many seals around (at least here)...so we rarely see whales anymore.
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    did you know that each pod of orcas has their own distinct dialect? :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say