Options

Confessions of a Pearl Jam fan

Comments

• Options
    NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
    I'll kill you all:

I met my wife at a Creed concert.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I haven't uploaded Temple Of The Dog to my Ipod yet, and I have had my Ipod for 15 months

to the poster above me, ouch
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    I'll kill you all:

I met my wife at a Creed concert.
    dam dude that sucks, but cool u met your wife there
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
    She actually was a friend of the family, and we all happened to go. It was about 7 years ago. We both liked their first album.

The good news is, I converted her to The Jamily and she was happy to schedule our honeymoon AND 1 year anniversary around PJ shows. We went to Kissimmee in '04 and AC in '05. She's been to all the shows with me, but how many wives would be willing to work PJ into such big events? Not many.

I knew she was a keeper when we went to KC '03 and it was a MONSOON outside...literally pouring rain and she didn't bitch once. She had white pants on, too. We stayed through the whole thing.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • Options
    I'm a Brian Adams fan. Have been since I was a little kid. Old habits are hard to break :o
  • Options
    ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    My first live concert was New Kids on the Block ... in my defense I was only 7 years old.
  • Options
    kinetickinetic Posts: 148
    The soundtrack from "Saturday Night Fever" is one of my favorites.
    When you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
  • Options
    She actually was a friend of the family, and we all happened to go. It was about 7 years ago. We both liked their first album.

The good news is, I converted her to The Jamily and she was happy to schedule our honeymoon AND 1 year anniversary around PJ shows. We went to Kissimmee in '04 and AC in '05. She's been to all the shows with me, but how many wives would be willing to work PJ into such big events? Not many.

I knew she was a keeper when we went to KC '03 and it was a MONSOON outside...literally pouring rain and she didn't bitch once. She had white pants on, too. We stayed through the whole thing.
    this is all a very cool story. any girl that goes to see there boyfriends favorite band and it fucking pours at the concert and doesent bitch is most def a keeper, its like u almost have to marry the girl after that. thats a really cool wife

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    know1 wrote:
    I like bluegrass music. I'm not a big enough fan to know all the bands, etc., but I enjoy going to a good bluegrass fest and spending the afternoon listening to them play.

I love some serious bluegrass. Not ashamed at all.

But, I did once own a Limp Bizkit cd (that I bought.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    Mixing energy drinks and alcohal can really mess up your heart.

People have died from smoking cigars in a jacuzi. It's rare, but it happens.

I have seen more backstage passes than I have birthdays.

I don't hookup with girls who smoke.
  • Options
    this may kill everyone else.
    i could probably sing every lyric to every song on the first two nsync and backstreet boys cds.

god help me...

EDIT:
    yosi wrote:
    But, I did once own a Limp Bizkit cd (that I bought.

i owned their first 3 cds. all of which i bought...
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead."
  • Options
    Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    At a pj show at alpine valley my film was taken from me by security and i was angry at the band, in fact, it ruined the rest of the show for me. it seemed very hypocritical to take my film, ya know, like my basic right to snap a few photos was taken from me. Or on the flip side, if i never really had that right, i felt as though the little guy (me) was being squashed by big business or the gov't or some larger power. that just didn't seem pj to me and it left a bitter taste in my mouth, something that cut deeper than just the music. these photos were not going to be used for any financial gain for me. They would have ended up in a frame in my office. For a few days I did not like PJ. Am I off base here?
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • Options
    I went to a Linkin Park show... I actually liked them... And Evanescence too.

And when I was 9 or so I bought a Backstreet Boy CD cuz I thought they were U2. It was the first album I bought... shameful.
    Real People have no Colour
    Real Love has no Gender
    Real Beliefs have no Religion

Real Human Beings don't Hate. Please don't Discriminate.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    I like to whip "it" out and shake it at old ladies at the nursing home.....

Actually, I can't stand Pilate and feel that Yield would have truly been perfect if it was left off.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    I'm starting to think the 10club is kind of lame. I don't own a record player so the holiday singles collect dust on my bookshelf. The newsletter is fine I guess, but if they don't play the south anytime soon, I'm beginning to think my annual fee could be spent better elsewhere. I remain in the club because I gotta believe they're coming down to Florida prior to the next presidential election. ANYWAY, there it is. 10C not really worth it for me since 2003 tour.
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:
    I'm starting to think the 10club is kind of lame. I don't own a record player so the holiday singles collect dust on my bookshelf. The newsletter is fine I guess, but if they don't play the south anytime soon, I'm beginning to think my annual fee could be spent better elsewhere. I remain in the club because I gotta believe they're coming down to Florida prior to the next presidential election. ANYWAY, there it is. 10C not really worth it for me since 2003 tour.

I just got a record player....I havent been to tour since 2003 so I often think the same thing.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    libragirl wrote:
    I just got a record player....I havent been to tour since 2003 so I often think the same thing.

You're in Jersey and haven't been to a show since '03?? Methinks that one is not the 10C fault.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    I havent been to tour since 2003 so I often think the same thing.
    u havent seen them since 03 and they've played around what like 10 times since then in your area. thats YOUR fault not 10c, un-real some fans are

• Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:

same exact thing here. they NEED TO COME TO FLORIDA.
  • Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    libragirl wrote:

I've seen them practically every year. But that's because I travel and the 10C rocks.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    I'm a Brian Adams fan. Have been since I was a little kid. Old habits are hard to break :o

i've seen bryan in concert...

and enjoyed it :o:D
    wah
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I've seen them practically every year. But that's because I travel and the 10C rocks.

well yeah I've noticed most everyone travels..they go to so many shows. I always wonder what kind of cool jobs people have. Sure I have vacation but i work in a small office, small dept. But hey it's cool.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    Lizardjam wrote:

Are you a Neohippy with a Toyota 4Runner that your parents bought for you and a bank account that Mommy and Daddy replenishes every other week?

I would love to travel around and see them, but shit, Mommy and Daddy don't pay my bills. I got responsibilities. I apologize if I am way off base but I'm fucking sick of people telling us southerners that true fans would travel to see them. To all you spoiled brat neohippy bastards I say, "Fuck you."
    S. Hoon

Franken '08
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    I still haven't bought Rearviewmirror yet.
  • Options
    I still haven't bought Rearviewmirror yet.

Good one. Nor have I.
    S. Hoon

Franken '08
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:
    Good one. Nor have I.
    I just don't see the point seeing as how I've got all the songs off that album on other discs (the studio albums, MOTH single, Merkinball, and Singles). Yeah, they remixed (or whatever it was) some songs, but I like them the way they were.

I have however been hinting to my fiance for quite a while now, that I would like that album and it would be a great gift for birthday, anniversary, or Christmas....so far it's a no go on that.
  • Options
    I actually enjoy Barry Manilows music...

(hangs head in shame)
    http://www.myspace.com/sigepnader

History is the polemics of the victor...

LETS GO CARDINALS!
  • Options
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:
    Are you a Neohippy with a Toyota 4Runner that your parents bought for you and a bank account that Mommy and Daddy replenishes every other week?

I would love to travel around and see them, but shit, Mommy and Daddy don't pay my bills. I got responsibilities. I apologize if I am way off base but I'm fucking sick of people telling us southerners that true fans would travel to see them. To all you spoiled brat neohippy bastards I say, "Fuck you."

Yes you can apologize because you're way off base. I support myself. I save money so that I can do things like that. I didn't say pick up and travel did I? I said that's how I get to see them. I do feel sorry for the people in states they don't come to. It just so happens they play in states I love to visit anyhow, so I make plans to travel. Thanks to the 10c I get awesome seats to those shows.

So you can just eat it with your ranting. I do like 4Runners, but I don't have one. I have a geo prizm with a 3 ft. stickman on the front! :) I detest pachouli.

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• Options
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Yes you can apologize because you're way off base. I support myself. I save money so that I can do things like that. I didn't say pick up and travel did I? I said that's how I get to see them. I do feel sorry for the people in states they don't come to. It just so happens they play in states I love to visit anyhow, so I make plans to travel. Thanks to the 10c I get awesome seats to those shows.

So you can just eat it with your ranting. I do like 4Runners, but I don't have one. I have a geo prizm with a 3 ft. stickman on the front! :) I detest pachouli.

I'm sorry Lizardjam. Good for you. My bad. I agree. Pachouli is the worst. 10c still not doing much for me lately. I moved to Florida from Minnesota 2 1/2 yrs ago and now live 15 miles from the Ampitheater in W.Palm Beach. That beats my former 20 mile drive to St. Paul, my 5 1/2 hour drive to East Troy, my 6 hour drive to Milwaukee, and my 6 1/2 hour drive to Chicago. Right after i move they decide to play Thunder Bay for Christ's sake. Anyway 15 fucking miles from Sound Advice in West Palm. When I moved i thought I'd be getting more shows close to home, not less. Please forgive my bitching and vulgarity but I'm just a little fucking annoyed and people telling me to get off my ass and travel throws salt into the wound. Get my drift?
    S. Hoon

Franken '08
  • Options
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:
    I'm sorry Lizardjam. Good for you. My bad. I agree. Pachouli is the worst. 10c still not doing much for me lately. I moved to Florida from Minnesota 2 1/2 yrs ago and now live 15 miles from the Ampitheater in W.Palm Beach. That beats my former 20 mile drive to St. Paul, my 5 1/2 hour drive to East Troy, my 6 hour drive to Milwaukee, and my 6 1/2 hour drive to Chicago. Right after i move they decide to play Thunder Bay for Christ's sake. Anyway 15 fucking miles from Sound Advice in West Palm. When I moved i thought I'd be getting more shows close to home, not less. Please forgive my bitching and vulgarity but I'm just a little fucking annoyed and people telling me to get off my ass and travel throws salt into the wound. Get my drift?

I do. And I don't think that's right. I would be very pissed if I didn't get to see them in a city near me. Pissed and disillusioned. I hope you get to see them near you sometime soon!!!!!