I hate Dane Cook...

Comments

• i think hes kind of funny and cute.
    but can get really annoying after a while.

Are you a teenage girl?

cause I think that he mostly appeals to 15-22 year old girls as well as some guys from that age bracket
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    dane cook is horrible. he's like an overconfident frat boy who is overcompensating for his complete douchebaggery.

David Cross, Mitch Hedberg, Stephen Wright and the brutally underrated Patton Oswalt are great, imo.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    He's not funny at all. He just runs around acting stupid.

Mitch Hedberg kicked ass.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Ok... Ok.

I understand hating his movies, and if he's in commercials, I'm sure they suck.

But hot damn some of his standup is ace. That bit about having a monkey waiting for you in your apartment to fight when you get home from work? And driving around in the Bad Ass Cement Truck 2000? C'mon, that shit is hilarious.

"I don't know if I could kill someone with a frozen turkey because that is a lot of evidence to eat. Unless I found a whole room of people who also wanted that person dead."

DC
    "What's that you're hacking off? Is it my torso? It is! My precious torso!"
  • brainofjbbrainofjb Posts: 381
    He is overrated, but his HBO special was pretty funny. If you want funny, listen to Mitch Hedberg.

MItch was great. I was sad to hear of his death

I liked Danes first stand up. It was the one with the Price is Right bit

His movies are not that funny

HE is just everywhere now.
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Are you a teenage girl?

cause I think that he mostly appeals to 15-22 year old girls as well as some guys from that age bracket

hahah yeah im a 16 year old girl.
  • Keep going!
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957

"I don't know if I could kill someone with a frozen turkey because that is a lot of evidence to eat. Unless I found a whole room of people who also wanted that person dead."

DC

What is funny about that?
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201

DC

thanks for proving our point
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • bharQ wrote:
    thanks for proving our point

yea.....thats a terrible joke :D
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • bharQ wrote:
    pretty amazing not one dane cook fanboy trying to defend him... +1 point for pearl jam fans

any of you like david cross?

I love David Cross, mainly because of his Arrested Development character Tobais, but his standup is good too, i just haven't seen much of it.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I have to say my curiosity got the best of me here.
    I didn't know who you were talking about so I googled him.
    Could him having ties with the Jessicas have anything to do with the hatred? lol
    He is a handsome guy. Not that funny, but amusing. I found a funny bit on youtube about brain ninjas.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • He isn't that funny...but I like him more then I do Carlos Mencia!!

You got that right! In fact, I like a root canal more than I like Carlos Mencia!
  • i guess im one of the few but i thought the HBO special was great. there was some parts that were hilarious. i'll probably get blasted after reading previous posts...but whatever. we all have opinions.

now wheres that one other person who likes him :)
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• So he may not be that funny, but he took Myspace and made it his selling point unlike any other comedian out there. You gotta give him credit for that! Its all about exposure baby!
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    So he may not be that funny, but he took Myspace and made it his selling point unlike any other comedian out there. You gotta give him credit for that! Its all about exposure baby!
    i dont have to give him credit for shit. . .except being unfunny. . .and annoying
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 671
    I can see why men would not like Dane, he talks about all the stuff you think is "'so secret" and it's funny!!! Men have a hard time laughing at themselves, Enough said.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I'm mixed on Dane. He seems pretty damn annoying, but I do find myself laughing at his jokes.
  • I caught one of his acts on tv the other night. I could relate to one of his bits.He was talking about arguing with your girlfriend/wife and thought it was funny how he called women "mental ninjas"....and how they sit there, and wait and quietly deliver the bomb to set you off

"your stupid just like your father"

But he did draw it all out and repeat himself like 4 times before we got to the point which was annoying.

The other stuff was meh....
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    irieinindy wrote:
    I can see why men would not like Dane, he talks about all the stuff you think is "'so secret" and it's funny!!! Men have a hard time laughing at themselves, Enough said.
    no, i dont care what he talks about. . .he's suppossed to be a comedian and he isnt funny. . .and he's annoying to boot

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

• stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    Dane's jokes probably take 7 minutes to say, 6 minutes more than they should. He'll bring something up, go on a funny tangent about something related to it, then have ANOTHER tangent on that tangent, maybe throw in some hand movements, do some acting, and then get to the punch line. but when he says the punch line, you forget what it's for.

and unfortunately a roommate of mine is a fan and acts a lot like him.... needless to say I don't find this roommate and normally dont listen to him.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • stylo17 wrote:
    Dane's jokes probably take 7 minutes to say, 6 minutes more than they should. He'll bring something up, go on a funny tangent about something related to it, then have ANOTHER tangent on that tangent, maybe throw in some hand movements, do some acting, and then get to the punch line. but when he says the punch line, you forget what it's for.

and unfortunately a roommate of mine is a fan and acts a lot like him.... needless to say I don't find this roommate and normally dont listen to him.
    exactly.....I was waiting for the delivery for about 5 minutes too long.....he grags it and drags it....

Like SNL these days...some skits are funny as hell....but then they drag it out for 10 minutes and it ruins the whole punch
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • What? Not my baseball!
  • Seriously, get this guy off my TV. Since when does he know jack shit about baseball?
    You ain't alone.
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at somebody.
  • ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    I truly think Dane Cook is one of the greatest comedian we have seen since Pryor! How can you NOT like this guy?

Tell me this is not funny...! Where is your sense of humor? Bashing a comedian like that.. yuck!
    Itchy Asshole - http://youtube.com/watch?v=SZueHQsOMm8&feature=related

Comic Relief 2006 - For Hurricane Katrina Victims - http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsXv9Lc-F8&feature=related

Just for Laughs - http://youtube.com/watch?v=zaBAk9Gfz88&feature=related
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I'd hate Dane Cook if I knew who he was.
    Viggo wrote:
    I truly think Dane Cook is one of the greatest comedian we have seen since Pryor! How can you NOT like this guy?

Tell me this is not funny...! Where is your sense of humor? Bashing a comedian like that.. yuck!
    Itchy Asshole - http://youtube.com/watch?v=SZueHQsOMm8&feature=related

Comic Relief 2006 - For Hurricane Katrina Victims - http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsXv9Lc-F8&feature=related

Just for Laughs - http://youtube.com/watch?v=zaBAk9Gfz88&feature=related
    i will admit i thought the comic relief thing was pretty funny. . .the other two, not so much. . .and his movies are horrible. . .and i dont ever want to see him in another baseball commercial again. . .ever. . .

THERES ONLY ONE OCTOBER. . .what a duesche

• Months later, and I still fucking hate this guy and don't find him funny in the least.

Zach Galifinakis...now that is a comedian.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Months later, and I still fucking hate this guy and don't find him funny in the least.

Zach Galifinakis...now that is a comedian.
    finally, some i can agree with. I think Dane COok is completely overrated. Saw his special on Comedy Central this past weekend, and it wasn't funny in the least. Give me Lewis Black....
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    "THERE'S ONLY ONE OCTOBER!"

uhhhhh yea, that's how it works.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around