I hate Dane Cook...

DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Seriously, get this guy off my TV. Since when does he know jack shit about baseball?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I agree 100% Just because this shmuck makes an ass of himself doesnt mean we want to hear him talk about baseball
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Co-sign. Dane is Dumb
    NERDS!
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    although there was just a thread about this, i will always pronounce my dislike for this man

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    standup..... average................movies................bad...............commericals........the worst
  • I've never seen or heard any of his act, but I can tell by his voice on the TBS commercials that I don't want to. I cannot STAND that voice of his.
    4/23/03 - Champaign, IL
    5/16/06 - Chicago, IL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    5/4/10 - St Louis, MO

...tickle my nausea...
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    he's just obnoxious....plain and simple.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116
    love is in the air...
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    I quite honestly don't understand what people see in this guy.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    He sucks.. not fun funny AT ALL.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    I haven't seen much of him that was too entertaining. That flick with Jessica Simpson turned out much better than I thought it would, though. She is barely in it.
  • robfest2robfest2 Posts: 594
    one word

Dick
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    he just makes up stories and acts like a moron telling them and somehow people think he is funny.

"Dane Cook is a pyramid scheme. 'Tell ten friends who know nothing about comedy about him.'" "Do you think people drive home from a Dane Cook concert and go 'Ha Ha Oh my god we've been had! There's not a goddamn joke within a hundred miles of his act!'" -Andy Kindler
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    meh..he's okay i guess..but i think he is overrated.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    He isn't that funny...but I like him more then I do Carlos Mencia!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    He is overrated, but his HBO special was pretty funny. If you want funny, listen to Mitch Hedberg.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
    He is overrated, but his HBO special was pretty funny. If you want funny, listen to Mitch Hedberg.

Mitch is the best comic, or was
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    thunderDAN wrote:
    Mitch is the best comic, or was

Mitch was good, but like Dane, way overrated.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Mitch was good, but like Dane, way overrated.

no way man. Mitch's jokes were written perfectly using his sense of humor and a viewpoint, which is essential in comedy. Dane Cook just makes shit up and acts like a moron to get people to laugh.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    thunderDAN wrote:
    no way man. Mitch's jokes were written perfectly using his sense of humor and a viewpoint, which is essential in comedy. Dane Cook just makes shit up and acts like a moron to get people to laugh.

I meant that what Mitch and Dane have in common is that they are overrated. Their comedy is nothing alike. I don't find Dane to be funny, but believe that your assertion that Dane "makes shit up" is a cop out. He has stolen jokes and been called on it, but he does write jokes, that are his, albeit unfunny ones, but jokes nonetheless. Finally, I do believe that Mitch was great at what he did and the schtick that he had. However, I believe him to be overrated. Of course this is just personal opinion, but I'll take Steven Wright anyday over Mitch, and remember, Steven's been doing it for decades.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    isnt that guy a 3 dollar bill ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    He isn't that funny...but I like him more then I do Carlos Mencia!!

I like aids more than I do Carlos Mencia

so yup thats about where i rank Dane Cook
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I meant that what Mitch and Dane have in common is that they are overrated. Their comedy is nothing alike. I don't find Dane to be funny, but believe that your assertion that Dane "makes shit up" is a cop out. He has stolen jokes and been called on it, but he does write jokes, that are his, albeit unfunny ones, but jokes nonetheless. Finally, I do believe that Mitch was great at what he did and the schtick that he had. However, I believe him to be overrated. Of course this is just personal opinion, but I'll take Steven Wright anyday over Mitch, and remember, Steven's been doing it for decades.

but I'm just saying like the whole bit about someone shitting on the coats never actually happened, he just made it up because he knew people would laugh.
    bharQ wrote:
    I like aids more than I do Carlos Mencia

so yup thats about where i rank Dane Cook

I hate Carlos too. He is just a Latin Dave Chappelle knock off
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    Of course this is just personal opinion, but I'll take Steven Wright anyday over Mitch, and remember, Steven's been doing it for decades.
    Well Mitch is like, uh, dead so don't you think Steven Wright has an unfair advantage in that regard? I completely understand where you are coming from though. If there were a comic I could compare Mitch to it would have been Steven.

Dane Cook. The guy's made a career out of making drunk women and frat boys laugh. He's not funny, not at all, but he found that acting like a dipshit on stage would make his audience laugh, and they women in the audience eat him up because they think he's hot. There's no integrity in his act. Baba Le'Douche
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• greatest....thread....ever!
    there'll be time for laughin'
    there's no time to cry
    soon i will be leavin'
    look me in the eye
    no matter what's in front of me
    it's your face that i'll see
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,869
    thunderDAN wrote:
    but I'm just saying like the whole bit about someone shitting on the coats never actually happened, he just made it up because he knew people would laugh.

I hate Carlos too. He is just a Latin Dave Chappelle knock off

except dave Chappelle writes all of his own jokes and didn't change his name to nindig(kluck)nou in order to come across as more African....unlike Mr. Ned Mencia
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    He's not funny!

just another god-looking guy all the teenage girls go crazy about.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
    greatest....thread....ever!

most...annoying....overused....saying....ever

i'm sure that will frequent mr. cooks sketchs any day now
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    pretty amazing not one dane cook fanboy trying to defend him... +1 point for pearl jam fans

any of you like david cross?
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    edited November 2011
    :sick:
    Post edited by norm on
  • i think hes kind of funny and cute.
    but can get really annoying after a while.