Options

CANKER SORES..wtf do I do?!?!?!

2»

Comments

• Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I used to get them a lot. I used to just use origel or whatever and that used to help the stinging. I don't get them as much but I notice I will get them sometimes after I get my teeth cleaned. I think my gums get irritated.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    never had one...that sounds brutal. Is that like athletes foot of the mouth or something?

I would dial in the diet a bit to see what happens and how it effects them. Yikes! I never knew they could happen on the inside of the mouth - are they contagious?
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    I get canker sores all the time. For me, they develop from a sore in my mouth. If I accidentally bite the inside of my cheek while eating, it will be a canker sore in a couple days. They don't bother me at all unless it's in a spot that gets irritated when I talk.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
    stop going down on those nasty i.v. chicks.
  • Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    i swear by this method. dip a q-tip in vanilla extract and put it on the sore. stings a little at first, but it will make it feel a 100 times better, and tastes good. peace
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    PiercePierce Posts: 71
    mca47 wrote:
    You should rub salt on them.
    :p

seriously put salt on them...hurts like hell...but it really works...
  • Options
    stop going down on those nasty i.v. chicks.

lol.....very nice
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    never had one...that sounds brutal. Is that like athletes foot of the mouth or something?

You've never had a canker in your entire life?
    Is that even possible???
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    You've never had a canker in your entire life?
    Is that even possible???

possible yes definitely...I'm living proof. never ever in 36 years...and I bite the inside of my cheeks near my lips fairly often as someone mentioned that somehow triggered theirs.

I've actually never broken a bone either, and I've pulled off some pretty radical shit downhill skiing. I must be the chosen one...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
  • Options
    journeymanjourneyman Posts: 135
    just wait them out.
  • Options
    I have been trying this mangosteen supplement and it seems to be working very well. I have not had one since November. Someone told me that Mangosteen is a natural anti-inflammatory. It also seems to help me with my allergies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangosteen
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Ahnimus wrote:
    So I have pretty much been getting these little bitches since I was a young lad. I get them inside the mouth and I have been tested for STD's and that came back negative. People have told me that they may be related to food allergies. When eating things with salt or citrus it burns like crazy. My dentist gave me some antibiotic way back when, but that crap did not work. I have heard many different ways to try and make them feel better, so I am wondering if anyone out there gets them and what you do to deal with them. I have tried Zelactin to numb them and that seems to work pretty well. I have also tried Listerine and Hydrogen Peroxide. Any ideas???

Just got to a pharmacist and tell them what you have and they will give you what you need. Unless you live in a country with stupid laws that require prescriptions. A dude I work with recently did this and they sold him a cream that cleared it up, cost him like $40 though.

My friend is training to be a pharmacist, she says they have to know everything. So if you go in and say "I have a bad cough from smoking" they got something for you. Pretty much anything.

had he had a prescription, it would have cost him about half that. stupid countries with their stuipd prescription "laws."
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    how did I know it was you bumping a stale thread. :roll:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    jimed14 wrote:
    how did I know it was you bumping a stale thread. :roll:

because you saw my name at the end of it.
    chinese-happy.jpg