Options

Roger Clemens...STEROIDS!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,803
    Yankee fans (or anyone for that matter):

Does anyone remember Michael Kaye saying that he would have an announcement that would "rock the baseball world" involving steroids, and "potential hall of famers"???

And then it all disappeared... It must have been a year or 2 ago.

I remember thinking at the time, that it might have been Clemens...

And seriously, what's with all the RATS these days over this whole issue? Why give up your former teammates?
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    It's so funny, but Jose Canseco turns out to be an honest guy in all the steroid talk.
    I think everyone is guilty nowadays, and it's a shame but I think MLB loved it at the time and never once thought it would come out. That being said I think Clemens is the biggest steroid/HGH whatever else user in the game.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    ballbagballbag Posts: 69
    i'm pretty sure steroids made this guy's mustache curl up.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/bbbbblog/fingers.jpg
  • Options
    western pearlwestern pearl Posts: 632
    ballbag wrote:
    i'm pretty sure steroids made this guy's mustache curl up.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/bbbbblog/fingers.jpg

Rollie!!!
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Options
    PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 California Posts: 596
    moeaholic wrote:
    not exactly the same caliber as clemens or ryan, but phil neikro pitched for a long, long time.

Well he was a knuckleball pitcher. It doesn't put the type of strain on your arm as a power pitcher like Clemens.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    Solat13 wrote:
    Sunday, October 01, 2006

Steroid Era News: Clemens, Pettitte, Tejada, Gibbons, Roberts & Segui Named in Grimsley Affidavit

Five of the redacted names from the Jason Grimsley Affadavit by IRS Special Agent, Jeff Novitzky finally leaked to the media after four months of speculation. Multiple media outlets have now published the redacted names of six former teammates including David Segui who confessed to ESPN that he was taking human growth hormone legally.

The report, first surfacing in the Los Angeles Times, said an anonymous source with access to the unedited version of the affidavit, let the newspaper view it, but didn't turn over the document. The Times said a second source who had identified the other players provided additional details about the document.

Grimsley told investigators he obtained amphetamines, anabolic steroids and human growth hormone from a source recommended to him by former Yankees trainer Brian McNamee. McNamee was the personal strength coach for Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte when Grimsley played for the Yankees. Later in the Affidavit, Grimsley confirmed that Clemens and Pettitte both used ‘athletic performance-enhancing drugs.”

The affidavit also states that Grimsley told federal agents that former Orioles teammates Miguel Tejada, Brian Roberts and Jay Gibbons all "took anabolic steroids."

On Wednesday, Gibbons told ESPN The Magazine's Amy K. Nelson he hadn’t seen a copy of the affidavit but was told by his agent and other journalists that his name was in it. He also said he assumed he was named as part of the group to which Grimsley referred when discussing amphetamines.

ESPN also reported that according to three sources, the Orioles' front office held separate meetings with Tejada, Gibbons and Roberts in June. The meetings took place to inform the players that their names were rumored to be on the affidavit, and that they should all consult their lawyers. According to one source in the room, the meeting was simply a heads-up, and no other detailed information from the affidavit was shared.

The sixth player named in the affidavit was former teammate David Segui. Segui came forward in June admitting he was the player mentioned who was using hGH he got from a doctor. He said his use was legal, obtained with a valid prescription. Segui conceded he never informed Major League Baseball of his hGH use as was required.

Grimsley was never arrested and has not been charged with anything. Since the report surfaced in the media last June, Grimsley has complained to friends that federal agents attributed statements to him that he never made. A friend of Grimsley’s said, “Jason is loyal to the death, a hardheaded guy who would not give up his friends. The only names he discussed with those investigators were names … [the investigators] suggested to him."

ok, so because jason grimsley said clemens and pettite took performance enhancing drugs, then it's true? is this the most definitive proof out there? and as far as jason grimsley goes, i wouldn't trust him as far as i could throw him. he's the dude that snuck through an air conditioning duct to replace a bat used by albert belle, that the umps thought was corked, with a legit bat.

man, and i thought everyone here went by the "innocent until proven guilty" stance. like i said before, if it comes out that clemens is a doper, then i'll lose all respect for the man and call him a cheater, right alongside you. but telling me that a former player, that has a history of being shady, said he used steroids.......not good enough, man.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    moeaholic wrote:
    ok, so because jason grimsley said clemens and pettite took performance enhancing drugs, then it's true? is this the most definitive proof out there? and as far as jason grimsley goes, i wouldn't trust him as far as i could throw him. he's the dude that snuck through an air conditioning duct to replace a bat used by albert belle, that the umps thought was corked, with a legit bat.

man, and i thought everyone here went by the "innocent until proven guilty" stance. like i said before, if it comes out that clemens is a doper, then i'll lose all respect for the man and call him a cheater, right alongside you. but telling me that a former player, that has a history of being shady, said he used steroids.......not good enough, man.

I think Clemens is innocent too.

Someone posted earlier that he hasn't been connected to steroids or hgh and he has. I never said it was the most credible link, but the investigator who took the affidavit from Grimsley is the same guy leading the BALCO investigation so Clemens has been mentioned before as being linked to taking performance substances.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    justjoshingujustjoshingu Posts: 538
    he doesnt need steroids. he just masturbates a lot.... a LOT!
    power pitcher you bet.
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    Solat13 wrote:
    I think Clemens is innocent too.

Someone posted earlier that he hasn't been connected to steroids or hgh and he has. I never said it was the most credible link, but the investigator who took the affidavit from Grimsley is the same guy leading the BALCO investigation so Clemens has been mentioned before as being linked to taking performance substances.

at least you posted something and didn't blindly accuse. thanks for the article, i hadn't seen that before.

he doesnt need steroids. he just masturbates a lot.... a LOT!
    power pitcher you bet.

lol, being a married man, i should try to get a walk on spot on the yankees roster, then. then again, with the way the yankees pitchers are getting knocked out...i think i'll pass.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    THCTHC Posts: 525
    Solat13 wrote:
    Sunday, October 01, 2006

Steroid Era News: Clemens, Pettitte, Tejada, Gibbons, Roberts & Segui Named in Grimsley Affidavit

Five of the redacted names from the Jason Grimsley Affadavit by IRS Special Agent, Jeff Novitzky finally leaked to the media after four months of speculation. Multiple media outlets have now published the redacted names of six former teammates including David Segui who confessed to ESPN that he was taking human growth hormone legally.

The report, first surfacing in the Los Angeles Times, said an anonymous source with access to the unedited version of the affidavit, let the newspaper view it, but didn't turn over the document. The Times said a second source who had identified the other players provided additional details about the document.

Grimsley told investigators he obtained amphetamines, anabolic steroids and human growth hormone from a source recommended to him by former Yankees trainer Brian McNamee. McNamee was the personal strength coach for Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte when Grimsley played for the Yankees. Later in the Affidavit, Grimsley confirmed that Clemens and Pettitte both used ‘athletic performance-enhancing drugs.”

The affidavit also states that Grimsley told federal agents that former Orioles teammates Miguel Tejada, Brian Roberts and Jay Gibbons all "took anabolic steroids."

On Wednesday, Gibbons told ESPN The Magazine's Amy K. Nelson he hadn’t seen a copy of the affidavit but was told by his agent and other journalists that his name was in it. He also said he assumed he was named as part of the group to which Grimsley referred when discussing amphetamines.

ESPN also reported that according to three sources, the Orioles' front office held separate meetings with Tejada, Gibbons and Roberts in June. The meetings took place to inform the players that their names were rumored to be on the affidavit, and that they should all consult their lawyers. According to one source in the room, the meeting was simply a heads-up, and no other detailed information from the affidavit was shared.

The sixth player named in the affidavit was former teammate David Segui. Segui came forward in June admitting he was the player mentioned who was using hGH he got from a doctor. He said his use was legal, obtained with a valid prescription. Segui conceded he never informed Major League Baseball of his hGH use as was required.

Grimsley was never arrested and has not been charged with anything. Since the report surfaced in the media last June, Grimsley has complained to friends that federal agents attributed statements to him that he never made. A friend of Grimsley’s said, “Jason is loyal to the death, a hardheaded guy who would not give up his friends. The only names he discussed with those investigators were names … [the investigators] suggested to him."

Nice! (by the way....cutting edge workouts...go hand in hand w/ cutting edge supplementation)

And to the other guy...I DO remember that guy coming out and saying he had info about "a future hall of famer"....Wierd how that went away! Baseball can't afford to have the top home run hitter AND the top pitcher of all time go down as Steroid users. They'll sweep it all under the rug if they can from here on out! By the way..I don't know if people realized...but...they Still DO NOT TEST FOR HGH (human growth hormone). There is not a reliable enough test out there to detect it. (interesting huh....)
    “Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small. With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
    -Big Fish
  • Options
    Bump!

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354
    roids should be handed out to everysingle player that wants to juice themselves, i wan't to see a pitcher throw a perfect game evry single start or a batter hit 700ft homers every game ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The Grimsley names are out, and Clemens is not one of them. Roger Clemens now awaits an official, formal apology from THC.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/12/20/grimsley.statement.ap/index.html
  • Options
    THC wrote:
    How come there is never any discussion on wether or not Clemens has ever been on the juice?
    I find this very strange. I mean...has there ever been another power pitcher in major league history who has had more longevity then Clemens? or kept that power...for soo long?
    He is also very jacked...which is unlike most pitchers body type's. He is bigger then he was when he was a rookie by a lot! He also basically had a 'Roid Rage against Mike Piazza during the world series. (He hits Piazza in the head w/ a pitch earlier in the year....then when Piazza fouls a ball off...and breaks his bat...Clemens...litterally picks up the bat and throws the shard at Piazza) I've never even heard of a player doing that to another player on a foul ball. - EVER..any player.....(i guess a foul ball just isn't considered as a purposefully aggressive act - go figure)

I mean...there certainly are a lot of guys taking heat for supposedly doing steriods....

I think it is a joke that Clemens' name never comes up in this debate. I am supposed to believe he just has a better training regimine then the rest of baseball over the last 20+ years..(EVERYBODY???)...yeah right! The guy is probably the biggest juicer of them all. and they say the biggest thing 'Roids help with is recovery......Hmmm.... *scratches head*

the guy's penalty??? only 1 million dollars a start! PLEASE.....
    although i'm open to the idea that he might've taken steroids... i wouldn't agree that when he struck out 20 in 1986 there were any performance enhancing drugs... or even yet in 1996 when he did it again. and if there were drugs involved, they might never find any evidence for it.

even if they'd prove anything on clemens i doubt they'll prove that he was taking steroids in his entire career. which then will lead me to believe that he'll be keeping certain cy young awards. and he might very well still make it into the hall of fame... well, maybe not.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • Options
    to be honest... i really don't see what's the big fuss about using performance enhancing drugs. if one player is using it then why not let everybody else use it as long as it's legal?
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    I'm fan of RC while he was playing for Boston. I met and sat down with him in 1990 at the Hard Rock Cafe in Copley Square and Wade Boggs too. I like him but unfortunately I think he's used performance enhancing drugs while with the Yankees which has prolonged his career.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    to be honest... i really don't see what's the big fuss about using performance enhancing drugs. if one player is using it then why not let everybody else use it as long as it's legal?

what about the guy who doesn't want to do it? Doesn't want to deal with the shrinking testicles, or the future cancer? Should he lose his job, or not make it to the big leagues because everyone else is doing drufs that are illegal in the United States?
  • Options
    what about the guy who doesn't want to do it? Doesn't want to deal with the shrinking testicles, or the future cancer? Should he lose his job, or not make it to the big leagues because everyone else is doing drufs that are illegal in the United States?
    well.... his loss.

edit: however, i did say as long as it's legal.
  • Options
    having your nuts shrink and dying early should not be a requirement to play major league baseball
  • Options
    having your nuts shrink and dying early should not be a requirement to play major league baseball
    who said it was
  • Options
    well if it's legal, most players would likely be doing it. Clean players, who may be superstars on a level playing field, may have trouble evn getting a job if all the players look like WWF Freaks.
  • Options
    well if it's legal, most players would likely be doing it. Clean players, who may be superstars on a level playing field, may have trouble evn getting a job if all the players look like WWF Freaks.
    maybe not.... cause it wouldn't be a requirement to look like a wwf freak.