Comments

• Options
    PearlStripesPearlStripes Posts: 267
    Karl Marx - Francis Ween
    and
    Desert Solitare - Edward Abby
  • Options
    seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    I'm reading "Breakfast of Biodiversity: The Political Ecology of Rainforest Destruction" by John Vandermeer/Ivette Perfecto.......it was written a while ago & updated in 2005. Really interesting.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    finally finished london by edward rutherfurd. also just finished the unbearable lightness of being by milan kundera.

now i'm on to

pig city: from the saints to savage garden - andrew stafford

the culture club - craig shuftan
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    "Remote Viewing Secrets" by Joseph McMongeagle.
  • Options
    oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Options
    Eleanor Rigby by Douglas Coupland and Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix (I've read all 6 before but am trying to reread them all a second time before I read the 7th...I'm in no rush to have it read by the 22nd.)
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    "something rotten" by jasper fforde.

next up is "american gods" by neil gaiman.
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass And What Alice Found There
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    http://pinesabovesnow.blogspot.com/2007/07/death-comes-for-book-critic.html

I'm all for independent book reviewers. I don't think we detract from professional book reviewers workload, though. I review books at http://nextstopgraduateschool.blogspot.com. Do you have a blog/website where you post book reviews?

I just finished Evening by Susan Minot, and will post my review there. In a nutshell I would read it again. It inspired me to write poetry, and she wrote about someone dying in a way that I haven't read before.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Peace is the Way ~ Deepak Chopra
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    I am reading 1984 right now and I am a tad worried I won't be finished by this weekend :eek: plus I haven't re read the last book. I am a terrible Potterite :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    The Children of Hurin - J.R.R Tolkien
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    I just started Joan Didion's The Year of Magical Thinking.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I'm currently in the middleof The Amber Spyglass - art 3 of the His dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman. It has talking bears :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    just finished rant by chuck palahnuik

it kicks ass. go read. i would get into an in depth discussion but dont want to ruin it for those who havent read it yet.

in the middle of small island by andrea levy, its really good, but something about her writing style gets a bit tired sometimes. the subject matter is fascinating though, windrush in 1948.

will read a thousand splendid suns next..
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    just finished water for elephants...it was really good. and different...never really knew anything about old circus life.

i'm finally starting "into the wild"!
  • Options
    PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    Just got a shipment from Amazon, that includes: Into The Wild, The Kite Runner, A People's History of the the United States, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, & a few others.

Now to decide which one to read first...
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • Options
    PJSerf wrote:
    Just got a shipment from Amazon, that includes: Into The Wild, The Kite Runner, A People's History of the the United States, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, & a few others.

Now to decide which one to read first...
    the kite runner! i can't stress enough how much i loved that book!
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    nfanel wrote:
    the kite runner! i can't stress enough how much i loved that book!

I have read a lot of books, and I would put the Kite Runner, most likely, in my top 20 all-time
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    I'm trying to finish a book on Celtic history by Saturday. That's when I will get and start reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    I have read a lot of books, and I would put the Kite Runner, most likely, in my top 20 all-time
    same here...i'm always sad when books like that end.
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    Robert Crais - 'The Watchman.'
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    I would guess by Saturday most of these posts will be "just started the last Harry Potter".
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest ----> Ken Kesey
    "The legacy of Surrealism after 1968 must surely follow artists, writers, thinkers and activists who are committed to the power of the unconscious and to the imagination of other possible worlds."

- Alyce Mahon
  • Options
    seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241

it kicks ass. go read. i would get into an in depth discussion but dont want to ruin it for those who havent read it yet.

Rant is on my list to read & so is Into the Wild & The Kite Runner - hmm. Brilliant minds think alike, eh? ;-)
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    seagoat2 wrote:

Rant is on my list to read & so is Into the Wild & The Kite Runner - hmm. Brilliant minds think alike, eh? ;-)

I recently bought "Into the Wild". Eddie Vedder is working on music for the movie and I am a fan of Eddie Vedder.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Angels Dance, Angels Die: The Tragic Romance of Pamela and Jim Morrison by Patricia Butler

very interesting account of their relationship and how much Jim really loved her.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    rrivers wrote:
    I would guess by Saturday most of these posts will be "just started the last Harry Potter".
    Haha, I bet you're right. :)
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    From Strength To Strength - An Autobiography by Sara Henderson

It's all about a woman who rebuilt the family property Bullo River in the Australian outback with her daughters. And she did such a good job of it she was named Australian Business Woman of The Year 1991.

It's not bad.

When I'm finished I'll have another go at The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, and try to finish The World from Islam by George Negus.

What I really want to read is Silencing Dissent by Clive Hamilton and Sarah Maddison. And of course I'm busting to read the new Harry Potter. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Heart of Darkness. Not as hard as I thought it would be.