Options

Dave Letterman IS BACK!! With writters and a thick gray beard!!!

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/03/arts/television/03cnd-dave.html?hp

Congrats to World Wide Pants for reaching an interim deal with the WGA allowing them to return TONIGHT with a full writing staff!!!

Reading that article makes me excited to see the show tonight!! I've missed the Late Show.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Sweet. Thanks for the heads up. I love Robin Williams and big 'ole beards! :)

**Not intending to hijack the thread, but on topic of beards, did anyone hear that Robert Plant was awarded Beard of the Year by the Beard Liberation Front?? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7162740.stm **
  • Options
    lol, hope his 'writters' have some spellers
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    lol, hope his 'writters' have some spellers
    Just be glad I am not on the 'writing' staff. :)
  • Options
    Bump - 'cause I am that stoked for new Letterman!!!
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I effin love the beard!
    I love Letterman even more!
  • Options
    I'm just imaging the top 10 the beard joke items now...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    Christ, the beard needs to go. I felt like I was watching a guy named "Grizzly".
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    that beard is prime & robin williams is still a (funny) lunatic
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    aNiMaL wrote:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/03/arts/television/03cnd-dave.html?hp

Congrats to World Wide Pants for reaching an interim deal with the WGA allowing them to return TONIGHT with a full writing staff!!!

Reading that article makes me excited to see the show tonight!! I've missed the Late Show.

Dave looks CRRRAZY!!!!! hahahaha he is def the man!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Maybe he watched into the wild a bunch of times............and it grew on him.

http://media1.suntimes.com/multimedia/010307beard.jpg_20080103_00_34_11_133-282-400.imageContent

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    what a hysterical show last night !!!
  • Options
    Maybe he watched into the wild a bunch of times............and it grew on him.

http://media1.suntimes.com/multimedia/010307beard.jpg_20080103_00_34_11_133-282-400.imageContent
    The beard grew while he watched you mean? :D Fair play to him, if you don't wanna shave then don't shave I say!
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    what a hysterical show last night !!!

Absolutely! However, the same couldn't be said for chinboy or Conan. Your loss guys.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Absolutely! However, the same couldn't be said for chinboy or Conan. Your loss guys.

i dont watch those dudes

letterman only
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i dont watch those dudes

letterman only

I don't watch Leno but will sometimes watch Conan. However, last night I dvr'd all three and flipped back and forth to watch them all. Absolutely horrible! Hopefully after a few weeks of this crap they will stand up to their corporate masters and tell them they won't keep appearing in this utter shit unless they arrange a side deal with the writers.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    I watched all of Letterman, and it was absolutely classic.

I changed it to Leno on the commercials, and it was the worst shit I have evr seen. How was Conan? I'm assuming shitty too. (Also Letterman dropping Conan's name on the show = great.)

I'm really worried about the return of the Daily Show and the Colbert Report next week without any writers. That could be a fucking train wreck.
  • Options
    I watched all of Letterman, and it was absolutely classic.

I changed it to Leno on the commercials, and it was the worst shit I have evr seen. How was Conan? I'm assuming shitty too. (Also Letterman dropping Conan's name on the show = great.)

I'm really worried about the return of the Daily Show and the Colbert Report next week without any writers. That could be a fucking train wreck.

Conan was pretty bad. Kept making jokes about having to kill time, spun his wedding ring on his desk twice trying to break his time record, talked a lot about his beard, etc. I like Conan, but it was terrible!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Conan was pretty bad. Kept making jokes about having to kill time, spun his wedding ring on his desk twice trying to break his time record, talked a lot about his beard, etc. I like Conan, but it was terrible!

Yeah, it was kinda bad.

I did like when he was walking around playing his guitar though. LOL
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    dave needs to lose the beard....
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, it was kinda bad.

I did like when he was walking around playing his guitar though. LOL

Him playing the guitar and that whole piece with him around the office was great. But throughout the whole bit I was wondering, what will he do tomorrow night?
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    Dollpartz wrote:
    dave needs to lose the beard....
    Dave said he will shave it off on the show sometime soon.

Yeah, Letterman was really funny last night! So great to have a new show with new comedy bits!

Having all the striking writers on for the top ten list was great. I liked that he had Conan's, Colbert's, and Stewart's writers in that mix.

And Hal Gurney came out of retirement for Dave last night to relive the old NBC days on strike - that too was classic!
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Him playing the guitar and that whole piece with him around the office was great. But throughout the whole bit I was wondering, what will he do tomorrow night?
    Yeah, I stayed up way too late last night to watch Conan and I was thinking the same thing. How will he continue to fill the time? Sure, the wedding ring spin could be a repeating segment. But, wow, that's gonna get old.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

And Hal Gurney came out of retirement for Dave last night to relive the old NBC days on strike - that too was classic!

Top 10 was great! And I love how they used the old NBC graphic for Gurney's return!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    http://tv.yahoo.com/the-tonight-show-with-jay-leno/show/34238/news/urn:newsml:tv.ap.org:20080103:ap_on_tv_late_night

Love the last line:
    Without writers on Jay's show, it didn't seem to make much difference

No shit! How can one judge shit from crap? Or as Dennis Miller described a Kmart two for one special "Folks, two of shit is still shit".
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    aNiMaL wrote:

:eek: REALLY?!?!?! did they do "What is Hal wearing?" i'll have to watch when i get home......:D:D
  • Options
    Letterman...beard
    Conan...beard
    Leno....missed the memo?

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/6479/thumbs/s-HOSTS-large.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    I thought Letterman was fantastic. I don't like Leno even with writers; He was a talented comedian, but his show is awful.

I've said this before - I understand that Dave is not everyone's cup of tea, but I can't see how anyone can prefer the Tonight Show over the Late Show.
  • Options
    mwilmot4 wrote:
    I thought Letterman was fantastic. I don't like Leno even with writers; He was a talented comedian, but his show is awful.

I've said this before - I understand that Dave is not everyone's cup of tea, but I can't see how anyone can prefer the Tonight Show over the Late Show.

The tonight show hasn't been good since Carson left. Plain and simple. The only thing edgy about Leno is his chin.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mwilmot4 wrote:

I wore my late night with letterman tshirt until it practically fell off me.

I hope he keeps the beard for good while. It just makes him more legend.

big picture Dave...think big picture...

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,593
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i dont watch those dudes

letterman only

You must not like humor (or at least consistent humor). Conan!