How long do you keep leftovers?

Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Hmmm?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• couple of days at the most
  • Not long. I have a weird thing about food..
  • Is it gross I have food/leftovers in my fridge from over two months ago? My house is clean... My fridge isn't.

Gosh I wish I was kidding.
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • depends on what it is.

i'm not big on leftovers.
    Nice shirt.
  • 2-3 days maybe.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    until something starts growing on it.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Until one gets hungry again. :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    Hi J. How are you?
    I only keep what I cook 2 or 3 days at most.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Depends on what it is.

I saw some expert on tv talking about this and he was saying he wouldn't even keep certain foods like chicken, pizza or rice AT ALL in the fridge! If he does keep food like that in the fridge, he said it would be for a day MAX (his teenage son usually eats them). This expert wouldn't touch them at all.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • I don't care for leftovers. For one thing, I don't want to have the same thing 2 days in a row. Another thing, everything tastes better fresh. reheated just isn't as good. That's also why I don't freeze anything. I know a ton of people who will buy a Costco thing of hot dogs or ground beef and work off that block for months out of the freezer.
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116
    i don't keep things more than 4 days...

"when in doubt, throw it out."
  • About 5 days. If you take all the leftovers out of the fridge and arrange it nicely with a garnish... it's fine. :)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i have no idea what leftovers are?! i thought it was a Jewish festival or something.

me hungry
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    oh my GOD this is a thread for PJPixxxie. i cant WAIT to see if she answers. :eek:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    two days.
  • I dunno why I ever DO keep them... cos I never eat them :o but yeh, usually they stay in the fridge til something doesn't smell right and then I throw them out a couple of days later :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    I dunno why I ever DO keep them... cos I never eat them :o but yeh, usually they stay in the fridge til something doesn't smell right and then I throw them out a couple of days later :o
    i LOVE leftovers.. then i dont have to cook, yay!
  • xscorcho wrote:
    i LOVE leftovers.. then i dont have to cook, yay!
    that's why I leave them... but when I see them the next day I usually think 'nah, I'd rather something else' :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Jeffrey Dahmer kept his for 6 days!!!!! 6days!!! :eek:

and i thought he was a weirdo before i knew that.. thats just tipped it over the edge for me... i was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • i just give mine straight to my dog.....unless its curry or chilli then its straight in the bin. How much food do ya make if ya have enough leftovers to warrant keeping it??? :confused: Just make smaller portions ;)
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • dunkman wrote:

and i thought he was a weirdo before i knew that.. thats just tipped it over the edge for me... i was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

nicely done Dunk :cool:

me, I keep mine for around 2 days :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • i just give mine straight to my dog.....unless its curry or chilli then its straight in the bin. How much food do ya make if ya have enough leftovers to warrant keeping it??? :confused: Just make smaller portions ;)
    well I could be wrong but curry or chilli are probably the safest foods to keep a day or two considering all the spices, they even get nicer afterwards.

I don't need a minimum amount... sometimes if I'm stuffed halfway though my dinner, I think 'I might have that later if I get peckish so I'll put it in the fridge' and then I find it a few days later :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • well I could be wrong but curry or chilli are probably the safest foods to keep a day or two considering all the spices, they even get nicer afterwards.

I don't need a minimum amount... sometimes if I'm stuffed halfway though my dinner, I think 'I might have that later if I get peckish so I'll put it in the fridge' and then I find it a few days later :o

i meant if theres a bit of curry or chilli left i dont give THAT to the dog, just chuck it away.

and surely if you're getting "stuffed" halfway through your dinner then you are making too much food, just make less :D
  • i meant if theres a bit of curry or chilli left i dont give THAT to the dog, just chuck it away.

and surely if you're getting "stuffed" halfway through your dinner then you are making too much food, just make less :D
    :D Nope... I make the same amount every day but my appetite seems to vary. Some days I'm still hungry when I'm done... other days I can't get halfway through it. Depends on what I've had or if I've had lunch and at what time... also depends on how active I've been... and sometimes it simply varies.

I know you meant you just chuck it away... but that's the stuff you should keep, would be yum the next day :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • :D Nope... I make the same amount every day but my appetite seems to vary. Some days I'm still hungry when I'm done... other days I can't get halfway through it. Depends on what I've had or if I've had lunch and at what time... also depends on how active I've been... and sometimes it simply varies.

I know you meant you just chuck it away... but that's the stuff you should keep, would be yum the next day :)

Righty dokey i'll bear that in mind, usually i dont have enough to justify saving for later though....;)
  • dunkman wrote:

Whats wrong? There's nothing wrong with a bit of fungi. It's a good for you! Unless it kills you.
    Whats wrong? There's nothing wrong with a bit of fungi. It's a good for you! Unless it kills you.

aye but Dahmer didnt like fungi my dear... Lungi yes, but fungi no.

p.s. look him up oh non-reader of anything interesting :p;)
  • dunkman wrote:
    aye but Dahmer didnt like fungi my dear... Lungi yes, but fungi no.

p.s. look him up oh non-reader of anything interesting :p;)

Oh. I thought he was member of the board. ahaha. (You know I was only joking in my last PM? I didn't put a wink)! :eek:
    Oh. I thought he was member of the board. ahaha. (You know I was only joking in my last PM? I didn't put a wink)! :eek:

yes its ok... people on here already know you want to keep me in your fridge.. a wink wasnt required.

:)
  • We keep leftovers about 3 days. Maximum of a week though. My wife cleans out the fridge every weekend, and any leftovers are disposed of properly. Usually we don't have a lot of leftovers as one of us will take the leftovers from the previous night's meal to work for lunch.