What do you call the place where you buy your food?

Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I was gonna make this a poll, but aborted the idea halfway through.

Anyway, I have noticed that my husband and his family call it the supermarket (or the market, in his mother's case) and to me that's weird. It's the grocery store. :D I think it's probably a regional thing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    ??

Abigails Crack Den. Or "the store" for short.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • I was gonna make this a poll, but aborted the idea halfway through.

Anyway, I have noticed that my husband and his family call it the supermarket (or the market, in his mother's case) and to me that's weird. It's the grocery store. :D I think it's probably a regional thing.

Dad's house. :D
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    vons
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I usually call it by the name of the store I'm going to. Otherwise, just grocery store. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Here we call it "Mahkitt Basket"

:)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Anyway, I have noticed that my husband and his family call it the supermarket
    Well... if they DO go to a supermarket to get their stuff......
  • cutback wrote:
    vons
    yeah, I actually call it by the store name too...so when I am going to "Ralph's" I say "I am going to Ralph's" and when I am going to "Von's" I say "I am going to Von's" and when I am going to "Albertson's" I say, "I am going to Albertson's" and when I am going to "Henry's" I say, "I am going to Henry's" and when I am going to "Trader Joe's" I say "I am going to Trader Joe's" and when I am going to "Stater Bros." I say, "I am going to Stater Brothers" and when I am going to Target's "marketplace" I say "I am going to the Marketplace in Target" and when I am going to buy in bulk, I go to "Costco" and I say "I am going to Costco" and when I am going to "Smart & Final" I say, "I am going to Smart & Final" and when I want chiccarones, I go to "Gigante" and I say "I am going to Gigante" and when I want to get the right pasillos, I go to "Northgate" and I say "I am going to Northgate"

it makes it easier for people to know exactly where I am going. :p
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • I was gonna make this a poll, but aborted the idea halfway through.

Yes, Supermarket is regional I believe

Philly/NJ

Although my In-Laws say "Food Store" and they're in Philly

I usually just say the store name :D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • either the name of the place or 'the store'
  • Yes, Supermarket is regional I believe

Philly/NJ

Although my In-Laws say "Food Store" and they're in Philly

I usually just say the store name :D

lol I like "food store". Well, that's what it is. I think they're onto something. :D

I do say the store name a lot, too. Accept my husband and I call it Weggies rather than Wegman's. :D (Because, obviously, weggies is funnier. ;))
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I usually say grocery store.
    Once in awhile Sobey's or SuperValu comes up, but not as often as "grocery store".
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Posts: 2,489
    super-hiper-mega-double size-superduper market
    :D
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    The "Try N' Save" otherwise known as Albertsons.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • wolfbear wrote:
    I usually call it by the name of the store I'm going to. Otherwise, just grocery store. :)
    same here
  • lol I like "food store". Well, that's what it is. I think they're onto something. :D

I do say the store name a lot, too. Accept my husband and I call it Weggies rather than Wegman's. :D (Because, obviously, weggies is funnier. ;))

Weggies lol That's a new one :)

We go there occasionally, but usually go to Shop Rite its closer

Plus, my wife gets mad I always want to go to Baja Fresh there by the "Weggies" :D

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    yeah, I actually call it by the store name too...so when I am going to "Ralph's" I say "I am going to Ralph's" and when I am going to "Von's" I say "I am going to Von's" and when I am going to "Albertson's" I say, "I am going to Albertson's" and when I am going to "Henry's" I say, "I am going to Henry's" and when I am going to "Trader Joe's" I say "I am going to Trader Joe's" and when I am going to "Stater Bros." I say, "I am going to Stater Brothers" and when I am going to Target's "marketplace" I say "I am going to the Marketplace in Target" and when I am going to buy in bulk, I go to "Costco" and I say "I am going to Costco" and when I am going to "Smart & Final" I say, "I am going to Smart & Final" and when I want chiccarones, I go to "Gigante" and I say "I am going to Gigante" and when I want to get the right pasillos, I go to "Northgate" and I say "I am going to Northgate"

could ya speak up, i'm a mite deef...:p
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    jlo i'm stealing that one when i hit upstate next time. nice!
    I love to turn you on
  • Weggies lol That's a new one :)

We go there occasionally, but usually go to Shop Rite its closer

Plus, my wife gets mad I always want to go to Baja Fresh there by the "Weggies" :D

Yeah, there is a shop rite closer to us but Wegman's is only like one stoplight beyond that.

And my husband pulls a similar scam regarding Baja Fresh occasionally. ;) We also like Peace A Pizza.
  • jlo i'm stealing that one when i hit upstate next time. nice!

lol, Gotta give credit where it's due. My husband is the official nickname-giver of our household. He has a nickname for almost everything (including about 50 for me...lol). :D
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    foodtown
  • Cemetery

I only do this at the dinner table when I excuse myself to partake in a bowel movement.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I call it by the name or "grocery store."

A person from WV and his mom both call it the "market." And they call a "cart" a "buggy" which I find unusual.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • lol, Gotta give credit where it's due. My husband is the official nickname-giver of our household. He has a nickname for almost everything (including about 50 for me...lol). :D

Not sure where it started but

I've been calling my wife "Booger-Balls"

I'm weird :o

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,792
    I call it the store

if my wife says which store, I say food store.

growing up in CT, it was always the supermarket
  • Not sure where it started but

I've been calling my wife "Booger-Balls"

I'm weird :o

LOL! Oh my god, my husband was calling me Booger-Butt a year or so ago...lol. He's weird, too. :D I think you guys must be related or something. ;)
    Get_Right wrote:

Does she smack you at this point?!? Food Store! LOL!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Get_Right wrote:
    I call it the store

growing up in CT, it was always the supermarket

I saw the store sometimes, too...and my husband is like "what store?" :D I think my family said that growing up.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,792
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Does she smack you at this point?!? Food Store! LOL!

nah, she saves her smacks for the really obnoxious stuff

like when I say

exactry or would you like some Cram Chowder
    or whats the name of that bob dylan song you like
    ray rady ray

:)
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I call it whatever the store is called,Tesco mostly.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”