3:10 to yuma

13»

Comments

• JDE-PJJDE-PJ Posts: 721
    i took my mom, sis and a friend of hers yesterday, my mom was the only one who wasn't thrilled with it. she wanted more violence...yep, that's my mom haha

i was still thinking about it this morning, i really enjoyed the interaction christian and russell had. and russell has a stare that can burn a hole thru a steel door, goddamn lol

I am glad you enjoyed the movie b, maybe your mom has a murder count in her head and when it is not filled she is disappointed .

I will probably wait till I see the original to check this one out, maybe when it comes out on dvd I will get both and compare and contrast them.

Late last night I finally saw the few minutes of Romper Stomper, to see the beginning of Mr Crowe as an actor, he seriously jumps through the screen, I need to see the rest of it, but some first impression he makes on film.
    I know someday you will have a beautiful Life

Jason
  • hahahahaahaha! :D

i don't think it was a *great* film.....but i do think it was very, very good! and BOTH actors turned in top-notch performances. i think christian bale in [particular, every film...he does the unbelievable, and gets EVEn better! and YES...i adored their interaction/relationship....and you could just *see* so much transpiring between them, thru the eyes alone...good stuff.

:cool:
    i agree, not a mindblowing flick, but done very well. and so true, their eyes speak volumes. i'm not very familiar with bale so this was a nice introduction.

i love westerns, having grown up watching 'em with my dad, and while this one isn't the same caliber as 'unforgiven', it's pretty nice to see a well-crafted westerns. i wish they made more like those!
    JDE-PJ wrote:
    I am glad you enjoyed the movie b, maybe your mom has a murder count in her head and when it is not filled she is disappointed .

I will probably wait till I see the original to check this one out, maybe when it comes out on dvd I will get both and compare and contrast them.

Late last night I finally saw the few minutes of Romper Stomper, to see the beginning of Mr Crowe as an actor, he seriously jumps through the screen, I need to see the rest of it, but some first impression he makes on film.
    LMAO yeah jason i think she really does! had it been 2 hours of carnage then she would have been gleeful. i had to remind her not every russell movie is like gladiator lol

i haven't seen the original, i'm curious to see how it compares though, definitely lemee know what you think.

and oh GOD, romper stomper!! i have only seen it once, it's pretty disturbing, but shit....he is riveting in that.
  • yeah who was that 2nd-in-charge guy? he looks really familiar. sadistic mofo, definitely!
    Ben Foster. He played Claire's ex/boyfriend in several seasons of Six Feet Under.

JDE-PJ wrote:
    I absolutely love that movie. I can't remember which I saw first, that or Quick and the Dead, but it was that movie that made me remember who Crowe was. It's rather unsettling but so good.
  • geishagrrl wrote:
    Ben Foster. He played Claire's ex/boyfriend in several seasons of Six Feet Under.

I absolutely love that movie. I can't remember which I saw first, that or Quick and the Dead, but it was that movie that made me remember who Crowe was. It's rather unsettling but so good.
    ah okay thanks....i only saw like one episode of six feet under so either my memory is awesome or i saw him somewhere, at some point. god knows haha

and yeah, unsettling is a good way of putting it. but what a performance!
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    woohoo got to see it this afternoon, i really liked it! it's a shame they don't make westerns much anymore, it's such a cool rich genre. i enjoyed the interplay between russell and christian too

LOL, I was driving through your neck of the woods yesterday; I should've stopped by and could've joined you in the drool fest! :D
  • LOL, I was driving through your neck of the woods yesterday; I should've stopped by and could've joined you in the drool fest! :D
    haha BYOB (bring yer own bib :p)
  • I'm a massive fan of both Russell Crowe and Christian Bale, they are two of the best actors around at the moment, so I'm definitely gonna watch this! I'm just really impressed with Christian Bale at the moment, he is a really great method actor, he becomes so immersed in his characters and it really does come through in his movies. He is very versatile, and his ability to take on different accents is exceptional.
  • I'm a massive fan of both Russell Crowe and Christian Bale, they are two of the best actors around at the moment, so I'm definitely gonna watch this! I'm just really impressed with Christian Bale at the moment, he is a really great method actor, he becomes so immersed in his characters and it really does come through in his movies. He is very versatile, and his ability to take on different accents is exceptional.
    i've heard many good things about bale, and he impressed me in this movie. i need to get caught up on his work
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Bale and Crowe were very good in this in my opinion.

I saw it last night and for some reason i did not love it.

I liked the movie i thought it was good but something about the story i just did not get into or maybe the development of the story.

:(

i really wanted to like this one too
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I never know you had a cowboy fetish, chiqui!
  • intodeep wrote:
    Bale and Crowe were very good in this in my opinion.

I saw it last night and for some reason i did not love it.

I liked the movie i thought it was good but something about the story i just did not get into or maybe the development of the story.

:(

i really wanted to like this one too
    i see what you mean, it wasn't a phenomenal flick in my opinion either. but it was good, and it's worth seeing for bale and crowe's performances alone in my opinion :)
    nick1977 wrote:
    I never know you had a cowboy fetish, chiqui!
    haha well if the cowboy is russell crowe, then maybe :p heeee
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    seen it last night, good stuff. Charlie Prince was a bad mofo.
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I liked it.
  • I rented this and watched it last night. Had higher expectations for it. Oh well. It was still 10x better than the other movie I rented, The Night Listener. What a DUMB movie that was....
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    just saw this movie

some really great acting in it

9/10
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    It was pretty darn good.
  • not4uuunot4uuu Posts: 94
    I just watched it again for the 310 time!!!LOL :clap:
    pearljammin66