3:10 to yuma

Comments

• it's out tomorrow, WOOO
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    russell crowe in a western.

yup.

that's pretty much all i need to know :D weeeee
    remember when that guy was relevant at the box office?
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • I can't stand Russell Crowe, he just irritates the hell out of me.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • russell crowe in a western.

yup.

seriously...i saw it mentioned on yahoo movies for the first time a week or so ago...and was like WOWZA! russell crowe AND christian bale?! :eek: sweet bejeebus, such brilliant actors in the same flick, awesome!

btw - tell me crowe doesn't look so much like ed in the poster? seriously. it's lie russell and ed are the lage and small versions of each other. :p hahaha.

anyhooooo...i am SO seeing this flick.
    :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• NOCODE#1 wrote:
    remember when that guy was relevant at the box office?
    i couldn't care less what the box office is. i'm a fan of talent, not popularity :)
    seriously...i saw it mentioned on yahoo movies for the first time a week or so ago...and was like WOWZA! russell crowe AND christian bale?! :eek: sweet bejeebus, such brilliant actors in the same flick, awesome!

btw - tell me crowe doesn't look so much like ed in the poster? seriously. it's lie russell and ed are the lage and small versions of each other. : p hahaha.

anyhooooo...i am SO seeing this flick.
    yeah it should be interesting to see them work together! and yes, russell and ed *do* have that little/big brother thing going on (yum lol). or like those babushka dolls, you open russ up and there's a tiny ed inside :p haha

so hell yeah, lemee know what you think when you see it, and i'll do the same! :)
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    russell crowe in a western.

yup.

It looks like it might be a good movie. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • i couldn't care less what the box office is. i'm a fan of talent, not popularity

yeah it should be interesting to see them work together! and yes, russell and ed *do* have that little/big brother thing going on (yum lol). or like those babushka dolls, you open russ up and there's a tiny ed inside haha

so hell yeah, lemee know what you think when you see it, and i'll do the same!

:D
    i can just *see* that now...hysterical!

and...you know i will!
    finally, autumn is rolling around...and that usually means better moviefare in the theares...can't wait. :cool:

also, complete agreement on the whole box office issue. there are ohhh SO many flicks that i adored, even some critics adored...and yet...not box office success. eh well, there's no accounting for taste, eh? ;) bottomline....i see what i want to see, couldn't care less about all *that*...as long as i support films/actors/directors who's work i value...hopefully they'll keep on making films i adore!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Hey Chiqui you going today to see this?
  • justam wrote:
    It looks like it might be a good movie. : )

yup! the review in the SF chronicle was pretty glowing, so that's encouraging anyway
    : D
    i can just *see* that now...hysterical!

and...you know i will!
    finally, autumn is rolling around...and that usually means better moviefare in the theares...can't wait. :cool:

also, complete agreement on the whole box office issue. there are ohhh SO many flicks that i adored, even some critics adored...and yet...not box office success. eh well, there's no accounting for taste, eh? ; ) bottomline....i see what i want to see, couldn't care less about all *that*...as long as i support films/actors/directors who's work i value...hopefully they'll keep on making films i adore!

heehee actually russell isn't all that tall (but still taller than ed), he's more wider than ed i think :p haha

*mind wandering to a russell/ed sammich*

where was i? oh yes, the movie haha and yeah i've had that happen too, movies i adored that sank like a stone box office-wise. like 'eternal sunshine of the spotless mind', didn't that do badly cashwise? but how i love it! there's more ways to measure success than money, definitely :)

speaking of good fall flicks, i also wanna see the one he's doing with denzel, 'american gangster'. i think that's coming out soon too
    Hey Chiqui you going today to see this?
    i *might* be later, depends what happens with plans this evening. i'll share my review whenever i do see it though!

(sidenote: i LOATHE the emoticon limit. :angrypissybeetface: )
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    jason i didn't realize this was a remake. yeah i never got into glenn ford much myself either

jeanie nice, i can keep him all to myself then :D hahaha

and as a graphics geek, i also love the posters for this movie too!

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/lions_gate_films/3_10_to_yuma/310toyuma_bigfinalposter.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter-noster/894701055/

Yep! He's all yours and Dani's chiq! :D

As long as I get to drool all over Christian! :p

I love a good western so I'll probably take a look at this at some point. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i couldn't care less what the box office is. i'm a fan of talent, not popularity

exactly.

pretty sad if people go by what the box-office says

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
    brainofPJ wrote:
    exactly.

i was talking about his talent

he peaked with the insider

now hes russell crowe playing a boxer or russel crowe on a boat

and hello its 2007

reviews dont mean shit (example halloween in the black already)
    brainofPJ wrote:
    exactly.

and hello its 2007

reviews dont mean shit

its obvious its his looks not his talent

you want a real actor try chris cooper, watch him in adaptation then watch him in american beauty and sea biscuit
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:

and hello its 2007

reviews dont mean shit

its obvious its his looks not his talent

you want a real actor try chris cooper, watch him in adaptation then watch him in american beauty and sea biscuit

well, when you said box office, i thought ticket sales, bankability, cash. not the same as talent.

as evidenced by lots of movies, music, etc. - a moneymaker doesn't always equate artistic quality.

and if you really meant to say you were talking about talent, well, 'a beautiful mind' was released after 'the insider'. and if you didn't think that required any talent...well, it's all opinion i suppose.

as for reviews, i only mentioned the chronicle one just cuz i happened to read it. they could have said it sucked and i still would have seen it. why? because i admire crowe's talent and his work.

and do i think he's attractive? sure, but my favorite movie of his is 'the insider' and he's really not eye candy in that, now is he lol

chris cooper is a great actor, but russell is just as much a "real" actor as anybody. sorry that you're missing out :)
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    well, when you said box office, i thought ticket sales, bankability, cash. not the same as talent.

as evidenced by lots of movies, music, etc. - a moneymaker doesn't always equate artistic quality.

and if you really meant to say you were talking about talent, well, 'a beautiful mind' was released after 'the insider'. and if you didn't think that required any talent...well, it's all opinion i suppose.

as for reviews, i only mentioned the chronicle one just cuz i happened to read it. they could have said it sucked and i still would have seen it. why? because i admire crowe's talent and his work.

and do i think he's attractive? sure, but my favorite movie of his is 'the insider' and he's really not eye candy in that, now is he lol

chris cooper is a great actor, but russell is just as much a "real" actor as anybody. sorry that you're missing out :)

couldn't have said it better myself.

actually, i was surprised, but i like cinderella man..

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • another hollywood remake, though this one is suppose to be worth seeing...
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf

yup.

maybe a nice bumshot would be needed too. or sexy ab shot.

*going today to make chi proud*

:D:D:D
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • anyone see it yet? hubby and i are seeing it this evening. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• maybe a nice bumshot would be needed too. or sexy ab shot.

*going today to make chi proud*

:D:D:D
    from your lips to god's ears (or the projectionist's :D )

haha lemee know ya like it! i haven't seen it, i might go this afternoon for a matinee...if i ever get moving lol
  • really looking forward to seeing this one....

i loooooooove russell crowe.
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • really looking forward to seeing this one....

i loooooooove russell crowe.
    preach it girl preach it! :D
  • woohoo got to see it this afternoon, i really liked it! it's a shame they don't make westerns much anymore, it's such a cool rich genre. i enjoyed the interplay between russell and christian too
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Agreed Chiqui, I thought this was a great fucking film!! Crowe was excellent as was Bale, the kid, Peter Fonda, and that mean as fucking second in charge blonde dude character..

On a side note, Cinderella Man was a great flick as well..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:
    Agreed Chiqui, I thought this was a great fucking film!! Crowe was excellent as was Bale, the kid, Peter Fonda, and that mean as fucking second in charge blonde dude character..

On a side note, Cinderella Man was a great flick as well..
    yeah who was that 2nd-in-charge guy? he looks really familiar. sadistic mofo, definitely!

and yes i loved cinderella man as well :)

yup.

i'm more excited to see Christian Bale.... he's a better actor.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • saw it...it was good!
    hubby didn't love it though, and thought it too long. i thought it was really well done...and bale and crowe were spectacular!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• saw it...it was good!
    hubby didn't love it though, and thought it too long. i thought it was really well done...and bale and crowe were spectacular!
    i took my mom, sis and a friend of hers yesterday, my mom was the only one who wasn't thrilled with it. she wanted more violence...yep, that's my mom haha

i was still thinking about it this morning, i really enjoyed the interaction christian and russell had. and russell has a stare that can burn a hole thru a steel door, goddamn lol
  • i took my mom, sis and a friend of hers yesterday, my mom was the only one who wasn't thrilled with it. she wanted more violence...yep, that's my mom haha

i was still thinking about it this morning, i really enjoyed the interaction christian and russell had. and russell has a stare that can burn a hole thru a steel door, goddamn lol

hahahahaahaha! :D

i don't think it was a *great* film.....but i do think it was very, very good! and BOTH actors turned in top-notch performances. i think christian bale in [particular, every film...he does the unbelievable, and gets EVEn better! and YES...i adored their interaction/relationship....and you could just *see* so much transpiring between them, thru the eyes alone...good stuff.

Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• As a fan of Westerns, I have to say that this is a damn good western. The original was great, and this one is right up there. I hate that westerns aren't done more often and better when they are made. I recommend it.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • As a fan of Westerns, I have to say that this is a damn good western. The original was great, and this one is right up there. I hate that westerns aren't done more often and better when they are made. I recommend it.

while i am not a huge fan of the western genre, i definitely appreciate a really well done film. there are a few westerns that are stand-outs...such as tombstone and unforgiven....that are simply spectacular. however, i agree....way too often they get short shrift, or poorly made...thus why i often don't care for them. so yes....definitely glad to see another well-made western!

Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...