Absinthe

2»

Comments

• can you buy this stuff in america(without ordering it)? i always hear mixed things. does anyone know for sure?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    can you buy this stuff in america(without ordering it)? i always hear mixed things. does anyone know for sure?

You cannot get the real stuff legally in the US and have to order it.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    yosi wrote:
    The reason why most Absinthe does not make you hallucinate is because it does not contain wormwood. Wormwood is the ingredient (a chemical of some kind) that has hallucinogenic properties. Almost all commercial Absinthe does not contain it. From my knowledge, Absinthe containing wormwood can most easily be found in France.

I've tried several kinds of Absinthe, none with wormwood, and I got pretty fucked up on it, mostly because it was really strong alcohol (ranging from 66% to 90%). It tastes ok, mostly like gross licorice.

My friend actually has two bottles of Absinthe that contain Wormwood, and we plan on trying it either before the end of the semester or during the summer.

also, if i remember correctly, most all commercial Absinthe is already green...

most of the other stuff isn't. it turns a milky green after the sugar cube is added.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    65 dollars a bottle i hope i get more then a liquor buzz
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    intodeep wrote:
    65 dollars a bottle i hope i get more then a liquor buzz

If you got the real stuff you will.

Two drinks of it and you'll feel like you've had 5 reg. drinks with the added bonus of the wormwood.
    I've had it a few times and it makes you feel all warm inside and it screwed with colors. LOL I never hallucinated per say, but it does make things a little "different". :)
  • kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
    mca47 wrote:
    If you got the real stuff you will.

Two drinks of it and you'll feel like you've had 5 reg. drinks with the added bonus of the wormwood.
    I've had it a few times and it makes you feel all warm inside and it screwed with colors. LOL I never hallucinated per say, but it does make things a little "different". :)

Now I'm interested in trying this stuff... is there anything like it that's available in the states?
    "Seek my part, devote myself.
    My small self. Like a book amongst the many on a shelf."

"I'm already 30% more unpredictable."
    -Pam Beesly
  • omg im glad absinthe is rare in ireland!!! They sell it 10e a shot in some bars but its the easy stuff, some absinthe is a class A drug, you see things after it, i experienced this and it was sweet until the hangover
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    some of my best staff pub nights in summer '06 involved pre-drinking (read: chugging) absinthe.
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    the only time i had it i woke up in the morning and had pissed the bed, seriously had never done that since i was a kid, it messes you up!!!!!!!!! :D
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........