1.21 Gigawatts!!!

124»

Comments

• Lol, I had an internship on 'Law and Order' 3 years ago, and Eric Stoltz is a regular director on the show. When I first met him, I stupidly brought up Back to the Future. He politely excused himself without answering my question, and I never talked to him again. Guess the loss of that role still stings!!!
    "A toast....to Canadian born Neil Young!!!" - Eddie Vedder

CANADIAN AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!!
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    Lol, I had an internship on 'Law and Order' 3 years ago, and Eric Stoltz is a regular director on the show. When I first met him, I stupidly brought up Back to the Future. He politely excused himself without answering my question, and I never talked to him again. Guess the loss of that role still stings!!!

He was money as the host of the party in Say Anything. Dressed up like a hawk/chicken and everything. :D
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    He was money as the host of the party in Say Anything. Dressed up like a hawk/chicken and everything. :D

Lest we forget his mime character in Singles.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    I just looked on IMDB for some BTTF 2 quotes and there really aren't any good ones. Hrm. :(
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    He nailed the role of Lance....and Rocky Dennis.

PBM

LANCE!! the god damn phone is ringing. i thought you told those arseholes never to call this late.

Lizard wrote:
    Ha!!!! My son just brought that movie title up yesterday....asking how can you go "back" to the future. That's a fine oxymoron, huh?

actually no. in the original film marty did indeed have to get back to the future. afterall thats where he came from. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • They are all great films. BTTF1 is classic and the most original and best but they are all very entertaining. BTTF2 & 3 were about as good of sequels as anyone could have asked for. I think part 2 is underrated—it's wacky and zany and completely different than the first one without being too different. That's pretty rare in sequels.

I've seen the original at least 100 times and I never get sick of it!
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Lol, I had an internship on 'Law and Order' 3 years ago, and Eric Stoltz is a regular director on the show. When I first met him, I stupidly brought up Back to the Future. He politely excused himself without answering my question, and I never talked to him again. Guess the loss of that role still stings!!!

I'm hoping we'll finally see the lost Eric Stoltz footage on a future DVD release (Blu-Ray?). I'd really be interested in seeing what happened there. Apparently he wasn't replaced because of bad acting just "wrong" acting (too dark of a portrayal of Marty). MJF definitely had that gee-whiz charisma that really worked for the part. I actually see a lot of him in guys like Topher Grace and Shia LeBouf...
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Because the other actress was so memorable... ;)
    please trying responding with a point that makes sense. the point was continuity was interrupted so it didnt matter who played fox's woman in the other 2. there was bound to be some criticism.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
    Are you kidding...that guy does what he wants....he has an impressive list of film credits.

Plus:

"Crispin Glover had not granted permission to use his likeness (in BTTF 2), and sued Steven Spielberg. The suit was settled, and the Screen Actors Guild introduced new rules about illicit use of actors."

PBM
    and crispin won the suit!
    I have not seen that one yet, but I've heard things.

PBM
    ass bleeding in a shower thats all i got to say
    even flow? wrote:

God, dad's a pervert.
    try "he's a peeping tom!"
    BTTF2 quotes:

"I get married in the chapel o love?!"

"Get your self some 50's clothes!! Something inconspicuous!"

"go in order a Pepsi, here's a 50"

"you mean you got to use your hands? That's like a babies Toy"
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    please trying responding with a point that makes sense. the point was continuity was interrupted so it didnt matter who played fox's woman in the other 2. there was bound to be some criticism.

Wow, you're responding to stuff from 7 months ago...

How does my point not make sense? I'm sure most people don't even know the actress' name who played Jennifer in the first one. Hence my comment implying that she wasn't memorable.

If anything, your point doesn't make sense because you didn't elaborate on what the criticism would be. What, that they used another actress? So what? It happens all the time in sequels.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Wow, you're responding to stuff from 7 months ago...

How does my point not make sense? I'm sure most people don't even know the actress' name who played Jennifer in the first one. Hence my comment implying that she wasn't memorable.

If anything, your point doesn't make sense because you didn't elaborate on what the criticism would be. What, that they used another actress? So what? It happens all the time in sequels.

It is funny that he is responding to something from 7 months ago. If there can be an argument on this thread it proves that any topic can cause strife on this board!

I do not know the name of the actress who played the first Jennifer and I have seen the first BTTF more than my own reflection.

Funny thing is I think Elizabeth Shue is really hot but think the other girl is a hotter Jennifer. In 2 and 3, Shue just looks so out of place to me.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    rrivers wrote:
    It is funny that he is responding to something from 7 months ago. If there can be an argument on this thread it proves that any topic can cause strife on this board!

I do not know the name of the actress who played the first Jennifer and I have seen the first BTTF more than my own reflection.

Funny thing is I think Elizabeth Shue is really hot but think the other girl is a hotter Jennifer. In 2 and 3, Shue just looks so out of place to me.

claudia wells == the first jennifer. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    rrivers wrote:

Well both her and MJF were like 25 when they did the two sequels.
    claudia wells == the first jennifer. :)

Relative of Orson? :)
    Relative of Orson? :)

you mean orson welles? ;):)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    you mean orson welles? ;):)

Tomato, tomahto. ;)
  • bostonlou wrote:
    There is only 1 trilogy pillowpants

and it doesn't involve fuckin hobbitts either

hahahaha

just finished a backj to back Clerks session. I hope that they make a third movie so that that just becomes just that much more hilarious!
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
    rrivers wrote:
    It is funny that he is responding to something from 7 months ago. .
    i didnt bring to the front of aet

but you're a smart guy i'm sure you figured it out.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    You want your ball? You want your ball? (throws ball on roof)

THEN GO GET IT!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    i didnt bring to the front of aet

but you're a smart guy i'm sure you figured it out.

What are you talking about? "I didn't bring to the front of aet"? What does that even mean?
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Kudos to you. Back to the Future is my favorite movie of all time.

"A block past Maple? That's John F. Kennedy Drive."
    "Who the hell is John F. Kennedy?"
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
    Don't try to con me, Biff.

Sorry, Mr. McFly.
  • You're not gonna be picking a fight, Dad... Dad Dad Daddy-o.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self