1.21 Gigawatts!!!

YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I feel like talking about Back to the Future today.

This is one of the great trilogies of our time. The 2nd one wasn't really that bad. I mean, it had Flea as a business man and everything. Plus, Elizabeth Shue was a great substitute for the role of Jennifer.

Discuss.
No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    What's Michael J. Fox like? He's nice.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Ha!!!! My son just brought that movie title up yesterday....asking how can you go "back" to the future. That's a fine oxymoron, huh?

Love that movie!!! Starts off with a bang when Michael Fox gets blown away with those Speakers.

Goldie for Mayor!! I like that!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."
    The 2nd one wasn't really that bad. I mean, it had Flea as a business man and everything.

It had a hard act to follow...the future stuff was cool, but came off really cheesy.
    Plus, Elizabeth Shue was a great substitute for the role of Jennifer.

We differ, my friend. As much as I love "the babysitter"...the actor switch was not cool.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    There is only 1 trilogy pillowpants

and it doesn't involve fuckin hobbitts either
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841

We differ, my friend. As much as I love "the babysitter"...the actor switch was not cool.

PBM

Because the other actress was so memorable... ;)
    Because the other actress was so memorable... ;)

Doesn't matter...You start something, you better damn well finish it.

"I mean, there are two Darren Stevens, right? Dick York and Dick Sargeant. Yeah, right, as if we wouldn't notice. Oh hold on: Dick York, Dick Sergeant, Sergeant York... Wow, that's weird."

PBM

bostonlou wrote:
    There is only 1 trilogy pillowpants

and it doesn't involve fuckin hobbitts either

Hey who started the Star Wars thread, hoser? :)
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Doesn't matter...You start something, you better damn well finish it.

"I mean, there are two Darren Stevens, right? Dick York and Dick Sargeant. Yeah, right, as if we wouldn't notice. Oh hold on: Dick York, Dick Sergeant, Sergeant York... Wow, that's weird."

PBM

Just checked imdb.com

She wasn't replaced. She chose not to continue the role to take care of her mother who was battling cancer and that's why Elizabeth Shue replaced her.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    So who had a worse career?

Thomas F. Wilson or Crispin Glover? :)
  • drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    "Chuck. Chuck. It's Marvin. Your cousin, Marvin Berry. You know that new sound you've been looking for???? Well, listen to this!!!!"
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

Crispin Glover? :)

Are you kidding...that guy does what he wants....he has an impressive list of film credits.

Plus:

"Crispin Glover had not granted permission to use his likeness (in BTTF 2), and sued Steven Spielberg. The suit was settled, and the Screen Actors Guild introduced new rules about illicit use of actors."

PBM

Are you kidding...that guy does what he wants....he has an impressive list of film credits.

Plus:

"Crispin Glover had not granted permission to use his likeness (in BTTF 2), and sued Steven Spielberg. The suit was settled, and the Screen Actors Guild introduced new rules about illicit use of actors."

PBM

I was joking.

Thomas F. Wilson was in a few episodes of Ed.

I don't remember Crispin's likeness being used in BTTF2.
    Solat13 wrote:
    She wasn't replaced. She chose not to continue the role to take care of her mother who was battling cancer and that's why Elizabeth Shue replaced her.

Ok...now I feel bad.

PBM

I just figured out what BTTF2 was missing. A future Strickland. The alternate 1985 Strickland was okay though. "EAT LEAD, SLACKERS!!!!"
    Ok...now I feel bad.

PBM

You should. Plus Shue was still in her good-looks prime in '91. Back off.
    A future Strickland

He would have been dead man.

I did like James Tolkan's work as Sal Nickles in Opportunity Knocks and as Lou Brackman in Armed and Dangerous.

PBM

You should. Plus Shue was still in her good-looks prime in '91. Back off.

Her prime? Come on, have you not seen Hollow Man?

PBM

• releesemereleeseme Posts: 387

PBM

The Saint? She was HOT in that movie. Thats actually not a bad film.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
    He would have been dead man.

I did like James Tolkan's work as Sal Nickles in Opportunity Knocks and as Lou Brackman in Armed and Dangerous.

PBM

There could have been another Strickland. :) Use your imagination, man.

Yeah, she still had her girlish charm and innocence during the BTTF movies. After Leaving Las Vegas, it was alllll gone. :D
    After Leaving Las Vegas, it was alllll gone. :D

I have not seen that one yet, but I've heard things.

PBM

• even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Calvin Klein, it is on your underwear.

God, dad's a pervert.

You are my density. I mean my destiny.
    You've changed your place in this world!
    Huey Lewis was gold in that movie...plus, any film that gives that much blatant promotion to the album Sports is tops in my book.

PBM

even flow? wrote:
    Calvin Klein, it is on your underwear.

God, dad's a pervert.

You are my density. I mean my destiny.

Lou, gimme a milk. Chocolate.
    Huey Lewis was gold in that movie...
    PBM

"I'm afraid you're just too loud."
  • drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    "I'm afraid you're just too loud."

I believe he said "I'm afraid you're just too darn loud."

I listened to the commentary done by the producers and they were talking about the scene in the field when Marty first goes back in time. It was shot in Ontario California and they said it was as far as you could get from Los Angeles at the time. I'm sure back in 1984 it was but now that area is all housing and industrial warehouses, well, and the airport.

I just thought that was funny.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Lou, gimme a milk. Chocolate.

you like the dark milk huh?
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    I believe he said "I'm afraid you're just too darn loud."

I listened to the commentary done by the producers and they were talking about the scene in the field when Marty first goes back in time. It was shot in Ontario California and they said it was as far as you could get from Los Angeles at the time. I'm sure back in 1984 it was but now that area is all housing and industrial warehouses, well, and the airport.

I just thought that was funny.

Thanks for the correction. I really need to get these on DVD.

That's funny about Ontario. We drove to Vegas from Manhattan Beach a few years back and it's all city until you get to Rancho Cucamonga now.
    It would have been a vastly different movie with Eric Stolz in that role...I can't even imagine it.

PBM

It would have been a vastly different movie with Eric Stolz in that role...I can't even imagine it.

PBM

He was great as the chicken in Say Anything.