Options

someones blocking my car in!!!!!

justjoshingujustjoshingu Posts: 538
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
what do i do? i live in an apt complex that has garages and someone parked behind me. i have no idea who. i can't get ahold of my apt office, and they wont open for another 2 hours. i tried calling a tow truck office and they said they aren't the ones that do it for my apt and i need to call the office so they can do it. i have to be at work in 45 min and it takes me 55 to get there.

goddam it is gonna suck today! fuck
mean people suck!
but nice people sw****w

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Call work.
    Get a potato for their muffler.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    pop all their tires with a blade
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    take a bat to the windshield.
  • Options
    Let the air out of their tires! They'll think twice about blocking you in next time. Seriously if someone is ignorant enough to block you in, this is the only way to get the message across. And make sure you don't get caught!

EDIT: You only need to do 2 tires, then their single spare will be useless ;)
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Crazy glue newspaper to their windshield.

Don't let the air out of the tires but cut the nub where you have to put the air in completely off.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    pee on the "manilla"

help me guys...don't know how to say "manilla" in english...."manilla" is the thing you use to open the car (not the key, I'm not that stupid :D)...the "manilla" it's on the door :)

...anyway, pee on the manilla hahahahaha
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    Crazy glue newspaper to their windshield.

Don't let the air out of the tires but cut the nub where you have to put the air in completely off.
    Lol, that's good. There's also a key you can get which will unscrew the valve on the tyre so it can't be blown up again. Gives the same effect without the violence. And a key is needed to screw the valve back in so they won't know what to do. :)
  • Options
    chinobaeza wrote:
    pee on the "manilla"

help me guys...don't know how to say "manilla" in english...."manilla" is the thing you use to open the car (not the key, I'm not that stupid :D)...the "manilla" it's on the door :)

...anyway, pee on the manilla hahahahaha
    Key hole? Door handle?
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    Door handle?
    BINGO!!!!...thanks
  • Options
    that's shit, would anyone hear the alarm if you set it off? They'll soon come back to move it then. If there's no alarm, smash the window, lift the handbrake and push the car back out of your way.

Then leave a business card of somebody you hate on the windscreen :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    haha! y'all are a bunch of angry nutjobs...

Just call work, tell them what's going on, and wait for the office to open and have the thing towed. It's not the end of the world. People have been late to work before. Don't vandalize the car.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Call your local police station and ask them what they suggest you can do. Perhaps they will have someone come out and have it towed for being illegally parked.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    haha! y'all are a bunch of angry nutjobs...

Just call work, tell them what's going on, and wait for the office to open and have the thing towed. It's not the end of the world. People have been late to work before. Don't vandalize the car.
    but why not vandalise it? They're obviously thoughtless fuckers who don't give a shit for anyone else... plus vandalism can be fun when you're mad :)

It doesn't take long if he/she HAD to park there to write a note and leave it on the windscreen explaining and with your number if they need you to move it. Otherwise it's really selfish and ignorant.

I would agree with the call work and enjoy a lazy morning thing... but some people can't... they may have some deadline or be in a new job or on a last warning or something!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    The only problem with flattening the tires is that you will have to wait even longer to get out because they will need to get a tow or get them fixed.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    i agree with the post that said call your work and let them know what's happened.. then you get to go back in your apt. sit back and relax... watch a little tv, chat on here some more.... do whatever you like! take advantage of the free time.

peace and love
  • Options
    but why not vandalise it? They're obviously thoughtless fuckers who don't give a shit for anyone else... plus vandalism can be fun when you're mad :)

It doesn't take long if he/she HAD to park there to write a note and leave it on the windscreen explaining and with your number if they need you to move it. Otherwise it's really selfish and ignorant.

I would agree with the call work and enjoy a lazy morning thing... but some people can't... they may have some deadline or be in a new job or on a last warning or something!

lol. How silly of me...of course they're obviously a thoughtless fucker...there could be no other explanation for it.
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    lol. How silly of me...of course they're obviously a thoughtless fucker...there could be no other explanation for it.
    well what explanation could there be? Sure there are several explanations for somebody HAVING to park quickly, meaning they're blocking somebody in. But only a thoughtless fucker would walk off LEAVING them blocked in with no means of contacting them.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    that's shit, would anyone hear the alarm if you set it off? They'll soon come back to move it then. If there's no alarm, smash the window, lift the handbrake and push the car back out of your way.

Then leave a business card of somebody you hate on the windscreen :)
    wow.....you are more vindictive than i had thought. :)
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    i agree with the post that said call your work and let them know what's happened.. then you get to go back in your apt. sit back and relax... watch a little tv, chat on here some more.... do whatever you like! take advantage of the free time.

peace and love
    sound advice........and if your work does not understand you either have...

1. used this excuse before 2. call in sick too much.
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    wow.....you are more vindictive than i had thought. :)
    :) really? And I don't consider that vindictive... if ya have to get out, ya have to get out... me, I'd call work, go back to bed and watch telly for a couple of hours... but I'm in the first week of my new job, I can't be having somebody ELSE making me late. I save late days/sick days for when I just want a day off... haven't taken one this year at all so if somebody fucked that up for me, I wouldn't be happy :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    sound advice........and if your work does not understand you either have...

1. used this excuse before 2. call in sick too much.
    most of us COULD call and wouldn't even work for the kinda people who wouldn't accept that excuse... but some people are NEEDED at work and HAVE to turn up and being late isn't an option. I'm not one of those people and I wouldn't understand that mentality BUT some people are.

What if you came out to find your car blocked in, when you need to rush your wife to hospital cos she's going into labour? You'd break the window. It's things like that I'D be thinking about were I to block somebody in... you don't know under what kinda emergency someone could need their car.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :) really? And I don't consider that vindictive... if ya have to get out, ya have to get out... me, I'd call work, go back to bed and watch telly for a couple of hours... but I'm in the first week of my new job, I can't be having somebody ELSE making me late. I save late days/sick days for when I just want a day off... haven't taken one this year at all so if somebody fucked that up for me, I wouldn't be happy :o
    i understand.

also......i like when you use the word telly, sounds like some form of mafia slang.
  • Options
    most of us COULD call and wouldn't even work for the kinda people who wouldn't accept that excuse... but some people are NEEDED at work and HAVE to turn up and being late isn't an option. I'm not one of those people and I wouldn't understand that mentality BUT some people are.

What if you came out to find your car blocked in, when you need to rush your wife to hospital cos she's going into labour? You'd break the window. It's things like that I'D be thinking about were I to block somebody in... you don't know under what kinda emergency someone could need their car.
    actually....i would call 911 if i were blocked in and deliver the child myself. i am a med school drop out.
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    actually....i would call 911 if i were blocked in and deliver the child myself. i am a med school drop out.
    :D but if you weren't a med school drop out... if you were the average dad to be panicking and then panicking even more when he sees he can't get out... I don't think many would think twice about doing what it takes to move that car. Obviously there are other emergencies that was just a quick example.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    well what explanation could there be? Sure there are several explanations for somebody HAVING to park quickly, meaning they're blocking somebody in. But only a thoughtless fucker would walk off LEAVING them blocked in with no means of contacting them.

Are you serious?

Maybe the person meant to move the car earlier in the morning, but had an emergency and had to leave with someone else without remembering to move their car...maybe they got sick and had to go to the hospital in an ambulance....maybe they died...maybe their car wouldn't start and they've already called someone to tow it...there are a million explanations.

Point is, vandalizing is wrong and stupid, and there are alternatives. Don't you have taxi services in Dublin? You could always just do that if it was absolutely necessary that you get to work on time, and then just ask the person to pay the fare later on.

Have some faith in yer fellow neighbor. If everyone starts assuming everyone else is a thoughtless fucker, we're certainly doomed.
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    Are you serious?

Maybe the person meant to move the car earlier in the morning, but had an emergency and had to leave with someone else without remembering to move their car...maybe they got sick and had to go to the hospital in an ambulance....maybe they died...maybe their car wouldn't start and they've already called someone to tow it...there are a million explanations.

Point is, vandalizing is wrong and stupid, and there are alternatives. Don't you have taxi services in Dublin? You could always just do that if it was absolutely necessary that you get to work on time, and then just ask the person to pay the fare later on.

Have some faith in yer fellow neighbor. If everyone starts assuming everyone else is a thoughtless fucker, we're certainly doomed.
    I get the impression that you're a serial parker behinder then :p

If the person was accidentally thoughtless, and is usually thoughtful, well then they'd understand the need to break the window. If they had some other emergency, or if they were in hospital or dead, a broken window would be the last of their problems.

Yep, there are taxi services but you try getting one during rush hour :eek: You'd be waiting at LEAST half an hour... if you're lucky enough to get one at all.

It's not that I don't have faith in my fellow neighbour... it's that I don't care. If they didn't give a fuck about me when they blocked me in, well then they're hardly high on my priority list if it's between me and them :confused: especially when I don't know the person. It really is ignorant and you know as well as I do that 9 times out of 10 there IS no emergency and they just park where they can and don't give a fuck.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    It's not that I don't have faith in my fellow neighbour... it's that I don't care.

Exaaaactly...when everyone thinks like this, we're screwed.

*frownzeez*
    Earthgirl wrote:

peace and love

When more people think like THIS, the better off we become.

*smileez*
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    Exaaaactly...when everyone thinks like this, we're screwed.

*frownzeez*

When more people think like THIS, the better off we become.

*smileez*
    hmmm... I said that's what I would do... if the situation allowed. Sometimes it's not so easy. If I NEED to get out now, no car is going to get in my way. They didn't care about me when they blocked me in so I'm not going to care about fucking up their day.

And by the way, I don't drive :) but I still think it's a pig ignorant thing to do.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    ah, this happened to me once...some dumbass parked right across the bottom of my driveway. There was a ton of snow, so I couldn't drive over the lawn to get out...so I had them towed. Turned out it was the girl across the street....she had the nerve to come over and trip on me for towing her...she smelled of alcohol, so it was pretty obvious how the "mistake" was made.
  • Options
    The only problem with flattening the tires is that you will have to wait even longer to get out because they will need to get a tow or get them fixed.

hahahaha....so true...

call a tow truck...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")