Comments

• Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    no
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    i love it
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    The Australian one is comingh back too. I am pumped. Ours has a former Olympic silver medalist Russian/Aussie hottie tatina gregoriava and former footy playeer Anthony Koutafidies. Im looking forward to it.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Only took a few minutes of watching to realize it was pure crap. The camera work is absolutely awful, the intros were ridiculous, and they tried to make it into a reality show with the stupid segments about the athletes before each event. Hulk Hogan as host doesnt really do it much justice either. I miss the old American Gladiators.......was a way better show back in the day.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • horrible, atrocious, a travesty of biblical proportions.

i agree, the camerawork is shit...that was the first flaw i noticed...and it wasn't the last.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Does anybody else think this is staged???? Seems a little fake to me!!!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i liked it 20 years ago when i was in high school.....;) :D
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Does anybody else think this is staged???? Seems a little fake to me!!!

I think it's entirely staged. It's also an awful show, and I hope America doesn't get too distracted by it while the writers are striking. If people turn off their TVs instead of watching this bullshit then maybe the networks will give the writers what they want and we can return to decent programming.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    I like the old one
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I liked it better when I was a kid

It seems too "Hollywood" now

Maybe its because Im older but it looks real corny now
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    Crush looks cute.
    I miss igotid88
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    i LOVED watching the first two girl competitors burn out during the obstacle course. they crashed through the last wall like zombies and i fell to the floor laughing.

other than that this show sucks. it was better the first time around.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The one male Gladiator looks like an action figure !

He is so fake looking with plastic surgery
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    whats with the fatass referee? :D
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    anybody notice that wolf looks like ben stiller in dodgeball?
    i miss mike adamle.....:eek:
  • jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    anybody notice that wolf looks like ben stiller in dodgeball?

I thought he looked like James Hetfield!
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • wow. i'm not ashamed to say i was excited for this, and it didn't disappoint. let me clarify that i was excited because from the moment i heard hulk hogan was the host i knew it would be a piece of shit, and amongst the myriad of things i find pretty highly entertaining is watching people make themselves look like idiots. highlights were definitely the first women's eliminator, watching the one girl lay on the treadmill for about half an hour, and watching that dumb bitch swim head first into a metal bar in the second women's eliminator. i mean, honestly, its a big shiny metal bar in the middle of a pool. maybe she has a plate in her head that had some type of magnetic attraction to it or something, because otherwise that just blows my mind
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • but you know what you get when you watch it. i used to watch it mid saturday afternoons. prolly where it still belongs. i still like it though.

and that crush girl reminds me of a girl i used to date. (The face not the fact she could crush coconuts with her thighs. which on second thought might not be that bad)
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• I watched about five minutes of tonight's premiere and immediately wished they could just bring back re-runs of the former syndicated version.
  • igotid88 wrote:
    Crush looks cute.

indeed. :) ...gina carano, undefeated mixed martial artist and muay thai champion. ;)
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791

and that crush girl reminds me of a girl i used to date. (The face not the fact she could crush coconuts with her thighs. which on second thought might not be that bad)

lucky you.
    I miss igotid88
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    it was amusing, as i expected it to be. just a mindless fun time. i enjoyed.
  • Honestly, it was basically the same show it was 15 years ago. I watched it thinking.. wow this hasn't changed, except they added water and fire! The format is basically the same, except they added some back story on the competitors, probably just to give it a more "reality" look.

Overall it wasn't awful, but it was by no means good. But really, it was basically the same show it was 15 years ago. I recently saw some old reruns of the original and I though to myself "why did I like this?" I asked myself the same question tonight.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    forgot to mention that i thought hellga was gonna be the woman of doom, but fury is the real frickin' beast.
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    i simply love the fact that Moli won his round.... and the fact that that little nerd could continue to win, and end up the next American Gladiator.... hahaha :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    igotid88 wrote:
    Crush looks cute.
    her name is gina curano, she is an mma fighter. was it me or was this show painful to watch? i quit after the first one.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    I watched about five minutes of tonight's premiere and immediately wished they could just bring back re-runs of the former syndicated version.
    it's on espn classic
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • "crush" working her real job...:)

Julie Kedzie (9-6) Vs. Gina Carano (5-0) : Feb / 2007

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMvW-c3GjvE

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mGNDmMixGk
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    no!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper