Options

quotables

Comments

• Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.

Rodney Dangerfield
  • Options
    DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    "Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature."

--Saint Augustine
  • Options
    By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he's too old to go anywhere.

Billy Crystal
  • Options
    "Our individuality is all, all, that we have. There are those who barter it for security, those who repress it for what they believe is the betterment of the whole society, but blessed in the twinkle of the morning star is the one who nurtures it and rides it in, in grace and love and wit, from peculiar station to peculiar station along life's bittersweet route."

— Tom Robbins (Jitterbug Perfume)
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Build a fence around your heart, not a wall. Allow others to see but not readily touch. Let them approach and behold, to consider it's beauty and decide if they can answer it's invitation. Should they walk away, remember the value of the property has not decreased.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    Before you get excited about the cover, you had better read the contents.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Inside every cynical person,
    there is a disappointed idealist.

~ George Carlin

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    “To err is human; to blame it on somebody else is even more human.”

~John Nadeau

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.

~Robin Williams

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.

~Alfred A. Montapert

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    "A human being is a part of a whole, called by us the universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." - Albert Einstein

"A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

"It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority" - Benjamin Franklin

"Destructive means cannot bring constructive ends, because the means represent the ideal-in-the-making and the end-in-progress. Immoral means cannot bring moral ends, for the ends are pre-existent in the means." - Martin Luther King

“If once the people become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Governors, shall all become wolves. It seems to be the law of our general nature, in spite of individual exceptions.” - Thomas Jefferson
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.

~Jimmy Buffet

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    In the rain the pavement shines like silver
    All the lights are misty in the river
    In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight
    And all I see is him and me forever and forever
    wah
  • Options
    "When we're incomplete, we're always searching for somebody to complete us. When, after a few years or a few months of a relationship, we find that we're still unfulfilled, we blame our partners and take up with somebody more promising. This can go on and on--series polygamy--until we admit that while a partner can add sweet dimensions to our lives, we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter."

--Tom Robbins
  • Options
    I like that one DangDang
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    She look so cool in her new Camaro..
    wah
  • Options
    "Wal-Mart... do they like make walls there?"

-Paris Hilton
  • Options
    "Attention is the most basic form of love; through it we bless and are blessed."

-- John Tarrant
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That one

--unknown
    Post edited by DangDang on
  • Options
    Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.

~John Lennon

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    ...like a deer in the headlights, frozen in real time and I'm losing my mind, it's time to move on.

~Tom Petty

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    If you don't ask, you don't get.

~Mahatma Gandhi

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    "People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.

A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave.

A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master..."
    — Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    "What luck for rulers that men do not think."

--Adolf Hitler
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    At some point the world shits on everybody. Pretending it ain't shit makes you an idiot, not an optimist.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    Sean Connery: Well, the game is afoot. I'll take anal bum cover for 7,000.

Alex Trebek: That's An album cover, not anal bum cover.

Sean Connery: I can read, Trebek. That says Anal bum cover. I've spent five years of my life trying to invent an anal bum cover, failing to do so is my greatest regret.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "Eddie muthafuckin Vedder"

Venice 6th July 2010
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    "Dimi has lost his mind"

Massachusetts, right now.
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Theovl316 wrote:
    Sean Connery: Well, the game is afoot. I'll take anal bum cover for 7,000.

Alex Trebek: That's An album cover, not anal bum cover.

Sean Connery: I can read, Trebek. That says Anal bum cover. I've spent five years of my life trying to invent an anal bum cover, failing to do so is my greatest regret.
    :lol::lol::lol:

Nobody's perfect. I'm a nobody. I must be perfect.