Lucky me!

Comments

• I already commented on this thread...but I just keep seeing and thinking "wow...this is so cool!"

Anyone who doesn't believe in the possibility of gaining real friendships on the internet needs to read this thread.

I've been on this board for maybe almost approximately around in the neighborhood of 4 years or so? (Is that specific enough? :D )
    When I first got on here, I never thought that I'd end up finding such good friends on a PJ,,,, or really any message board, but there are some peeps here who I'll be talking to for years and years.
    Even for ME, who has only a few PJ cd's! I had Ten, then Rargh Rargh gave me Yield, and Bambi Girl gave me No Code, so I guess I'm a REAL fan now! :D
    Oh, and a had tee shirt, but I gave that to Bambi Girl. :)

I think sometimes when you talk a lot on the board and via pm and email, when you finally DO meet face to face, you know each other pretty well. It seems like you just pick up conversation where you left off in the last PM! It's just that you're looking at each other in this sort of surreal way, like,,,, "You DO exist!" :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    When I first got on here, I never thought that I'd end up finding such good friends on a PJ,,,, or really any message board, but there are some peeps here who I'll be talking to for years and years.
    Even for ME, who has only a few PJ cd's! I had Ten, then Rargh Rargh gave me Yield, and Bambi Girl gave me No Code, so I guess I'm a REAL fan now! :D
    Oh, and a had tee shirt, but I gave that to Bambi Girl. :)

I think sometimes when you talk a lot on the board and via pm and email, when you finally DO meet face to face, you know each other pretty well. It seems like you just pick up conversation where you left off in the last PM! It's just that you're looking at each other in this sort of surreal way, like,,,, "You DO exist!" :cool:

I couldn't agree more with everything you just said.

(I actually met my husband on the old synergy board!) :D

Oh, and you really need Vitalogy. Hurry! :D
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I agree with everyone, this board is magic! I've met so many great people from all over the world just because of this "little" pit. lol I will finally meet you in person Laura when you finally come to either Seattle, Gorge or Bellingham! I have no doubt. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • I couldn't agree more with everything you just said.

(I actually met my husband on the old synergy board!) :D

Oh, and you really need Vitalogy. Hurry! :D

Hmmm, I hear the new one, Vs, is pretty good too, and has some hits on it! :D
    Be kind, man
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • hippiemom wrote:
    Holy shit! If I had any idea that you didn't own my favorite Pearl Jam album, I'd never have let you leave here without it!!!

I forgot to give you my old band's CD, too!

Ok, I guess I better gas up the Subaru again! See you in 8 hours! :D
    Be kind, man

Heehee :D

You know, knowing you, I wouldn't be all that surprised if you did exactly that, haha :D

Of course, you DO have my address ... we could try the mail, to save you some gas money :)
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I forgot to give you my old band's CD, too!

lol :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Hmmmm, I DID leave Hippiemom's house at 11:00 PM the other night. I'll be there in time for rush hour!
    Be kind, man
    Hmmmm, I DID leave Hippiemom's house at 11:00 PM the other night. I'll be there in time for rush hour!
    You might want to hold off a bit, I'm asleep during rush hour ... and for a few hours after! :D
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    thats something special
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• mdigenakis wrote:
    thats something special

:)

Hippiemom is someone special.
    Be kind, man

That's what I'm talkin about!!!!!
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    hippiemom wrote:
    Oh, and one other thing you should know about Bob ... he's a HUGE name-dropper! He talked about a whole bunch of you while he was here. And it always went something like this: "Oh, she's the sweetest girl in the world," "He's the greatest guy ever," "She's the nicest person you'll ever meet" etc.

So thanks to Bob, I now know (not that I didn't suspect it already) that you are all sweet, kind, generous, loving, gutsy, friendly, lovable, beautiful, hilarious, adorable, amazing, fantastic, talented, and you know how to drink :D

How could I not love a guy who loves people so much? It's so nice to spend 24 hours with someone and not hear a single negative word about anyone :)
    :D indeed he is exactly like that. I'm so glad you two got to meet... he talked about you a lot when I was over there. How I'd love to have been a fly on the wall for THAT conversation :)

And best of luck in Germany mom, I'll be thinking about ya lots :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001

what i love the most is that even if you have never corresponded on the board, you can still sit and have a pint and some great conversation, as if you've known each other for more than a few hours! :D

great thread hippiemom! all the best to you... :)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    this thread is way too soppy.. and i've run out of sickbags thanks to Irish Al's happiness thread.

2 of the nicest people on the forum meeting is actually a really nice thing... i once met a prostitute with one tooth... i feel yours was a better meeting
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    hippiemom wrote:
    I know that quite a few of you know this already, but for those that don't, I just wanted to make you aware that the sweetest guy in the world is right here on this board ... it's who's_pearljam?!!!!!

We've gotten to be pretty good online friends over the past year or so. Since I found out I had cancer, especially ... he's always sending me the sweetest, most uplifting PMs, I always feel better after talking to him. His whole outlook on life is so positive, and so infectious, it's impossible to be down in the dumps with him around, even when your doctor tells you that you're dying.

We've been talking about getting together for months, but he's in Delaware and I'm in Ohio, he's forever flying off to England or India or on some other exciting adventure, and I'm stuck here getting chemotherapy ... it just hasn't worked out. So I'm leaving for Germany in a little over a week for cancer treatments that aren't available in the U.S., and Bob said the other day that he'd like to see me before I leave. I said sure, let's set something up, here's my phone number. And yesterday he calls and says "I'm just passing through Gettysburg, you gonna be around later?" :D

He was here a few hours later, and I swear it was like I'd known him all my life. We were up until about 2:30 just talking, and today we spent the day at the rock hall and went to dinner before he had to head back. Even my husband, who is not the most outgoing person in the world, said after he left "Wow, he shows up out of nowhere, and it's like he's part of the family!"

So that's it ... no particluar point to this rather long post, other than to say that I'm so fortunate to have met such a beautiful human being ... yet another thing to be grateful to Pearl Jam for! The greatest people in the world really are right here :)

And Bob, as soon as I get better we'll be invading your home :D

:)

And good luck for Germany!!!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,670
    dunkman wrote:
    i once met a prostitute with one tooth... i feel yours was a better meeting
    Had she lost that other tooth, it would have been a tie.

This is quite a great story. Best of luck in Germany hippiemom.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • dunkman wrote:

i once met a prostitute with one tooth... i feel yours was a better meeting

I KNEW you were a softy, Dunkman! :D
    Be kind, man
    best wishes for you in GERMANY and i agree because of this band i too have gotten to meet some pretty special folk's and i hope to meet more like you're self .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    we'll be thinking of ya in deutchland! ... and i think those of us who have met you can consider themselves lucky as well hippiemom!
  • polaris wrote:
    we'll be thinking of ya in deutchland! ... and i think those of us who have met you can consider themselves lucky as well hippiemom!

You're one of the lucky few, too, Polaris? She's a great one indeed!

Nick! We will meet! We'll probably end up with coffee farms in Costa Rica nextdoor to each other. We can plunk out tunes on our front porches! :D
    Be kind, man
    Like I said somewhere in a PM to you, when I was standing in London at Wembley, with Bambi GIrl and her bro, and PearlJam walked out on stage and started with my favorite song, I could only think of you, Hippiemom,

man, you got to meet bambi? she was always such a sweet girl... what ever happened to her?

i can just imagine the trouble you and hippiemom would get into together talking civics!
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    i want to get lucky too! ;)

and meet hippiemom!
    :D

i did meet bambigirl in london...albeit briefly...too. what a sweetie!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• man, you got to meet bambi? she was always such a sweet girl... what ever happened to her?

i can just imagine the trouble you and hippiemom would get into together talking civics!

Yup! I met her in London, finally, after all these years. Really, the reason for the whole trip. We talk every day somehow, and she's doing great. It was an amazing moment once again.
    Still sweet, still compassionate and still looking out for others. The real deal she is!

Yup,,,, Hippiemom and I can talk some stuff about the medical system, too!
    I bet a lot of politicians' ears were burning! :D
    Maybe she should come to my town when I run for mayor next year! :cool:
    The two of us could ruffle some feathers!
    Be kind, man

never tell anyone again or i'll glue your nipples to a passing train :)

;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Yup! I met her in London, finally, after all these years. Really, the reason for the whole trip. We talk every day somehow, and she's doing great. It was an amazing moment once again.
    Still sweet, still compassionate and still looking out for others. The real deal she is!

Yup,,,, Hippiemom and I can talk some stuff about the medical system, too!
    I bet a lot of politicians' ears were burning! :D
    Maybe she should come to my town when I run for mayor next year! :cool:
    The two of us could ruffle some feathers!
    BOB FOR MAYOR!!!!

It'd be worth moving just for the opportunity to vote for one purely good candidate. Plus, feather ruffling comes naturally to me :D
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Bump
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,195
    Another thread with abunch of folks who don't post anymore , rest in peace hippiemom we miss you here ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....