Alcohol

2»

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

http://www.aa.org/en_is_aa_for_you.cfm?PageID=71

personally, i don't like those questions. i get the feeling 75% of the population is alcoholic by that quiz. but i guess it's a start.

Fucking judges. :lol:
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    shep wrote:

Whooo-hoo, I passed! I only answered Yes to 2 questions.

That was a pretty stupid questionaire...

So many of the questions need proper definitions... for example "Do you have blackouts?"... I would reflexively answer no... but about once a year it probably happens... so do they mean constantly? or ever? Cause if they mean once in a blue moon, I'm sure everyone on the AET has to answer "Yes". :P

Same applies for "Do you ever have an eyeopener?" Again I would reflexively answer no, but for example, if I was in Vegas partying with the boys, had been out the night before, and new today was going to be much of the same... yea, I'd order a breakfast beer.

So the bottom line is alcoholism is subjective... and I view myself as perfectly acceptable. 8-)

Good points shep!! I agree that it is subjective..unless of course you can't function on a daily basis, but a lot of these most people have done at least a time or two. Sneaky questionnaire! :nono:

Definitely sneaky... I mean to me it boils down to if I can or can't function on a daily basis. For example I know I have to be sober to do my job, drive a car, etc.. so I am. If I wasn't capable of doing that, then yes, I have a problem... Can I stop drinking for a week? Yea, if I have to.... but honestly, why?

However, I definitely meet or exceed the number of drinks most medical professionals will describe as alcoholic levels... so.... Whatever... same deal with that questionaire.... depending on how you define the questions, AA would probably label me an alcoholic as well...

All of this coming from a man with a long family history of proven, champion alcoholics. I mean, I am a Newfie... :D
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Doug Stanhope on Dr. Drew, God Bless Him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBYmiYnFg4M