Giants vs. Packers and Patriots vs. Chargers

Comments

• I was born and raised in New England and have been a life long Packers fan... don't ask me how it happened I honestly don't know... but I hope it is Green Bay and New England and the ageless, incomprable Brett Favre shows Tom Brady how it's done.

I'm a realist though, NE is fucking incredible and a win for GB would be a surprise.

BUT... having said that, Green Bay presents the best matchup. They can run the ball, which NE can struggle with at times, Favre can go underneath and exploit some of their slower linebackers and GB cornerbacks can be physical with Moss, Welker and crew potentially slowing them down (not stopping them altogether) and KGB and Kampman are excellent pass rushers and could maybe get to Brady once or twice haha.

So GO PACK!!!!! Old Man Time is on fire right now!!
    I was taught a month ago to bide my time and take it slow, but then I learned just yesterday to rush and never waste a day. Now I'm convinced the whole day long that all I've learned is always wrong. Things are true that I forget, but no one taught that to me yet
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Solat13 wrote:
    Well considering the Pats beat 7 teams over .500 in the regular season and 6 playoff teams whereupon the 72 Dolphins only beat 2 and both those teams were 8-6 and neither made the playoffs, I would give the Pats the much tougher schedule.

For the Pats to go undefeated, they have to go 10-0 against teams above .500. The Dolphins only went 5-0 against teams over .500.

The bigger point here, look at the rosters ... those Dolphins had what, 6 Hall of Famers? There was no free agency then, much easier in that time to build an outstanding team and keep it that way.

Pats have ... uh ... 1 Hall of Famer in his prime, Brady. Moss, borderline ... he's probably a Hall Of Fame talent ... may not get there due to issues (kind of like Mercury Morris possibly) ... Seau is probably a HOF player but he's certainly not in HOF shape.

Doing what they are doing in the current state of the NFL is rediculously amazing.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Ibut I hope it is Green Bay and New England and the ageless, incomprable Brett Favre shows Tom Brady how it's done.

Superbowl Rings -

Brady - 3
    Favre - 1

Who's going to show whom how it's done?

I love Favre, don't get me wrong, just saying .... don't think Brady needs to be shown how it's done.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    Superbowl Rings -

Brady - 3
    Favre - 1

I love Favre, don't get me wrong, just saying .... don't think Brady needs to be shown how it's done.
    Oh so true. Why do people forget Brady's 3 rings? or that he's the ultimate big game QB? No one playing has his resume, and not many who ever played either.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Nobody likes a superpower. Fuck New England!

Who's with me!?

Brady was 26-28 with two drops. That is just ridiculous. Lets hope that he has peaked, because if he can get better than that, I want someone to bring him to Roswell and do some tests on his ass.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
    Nobody likes a superpower. Fuck New England!

Who's with me!?

Brady was 26-28 with two drops. That is just ridiculous. Lets hope that he has peaked, because if he can get better than that, I want someone to bring him to Roswell and do some tests on his ass.

the one Welker dropped was a true drop ... the other one was well covered IMO ... didn't think he should have thrown that one.

• jimed14 wrote:
    Superbowl Rings -

Brady - 3
    Favre - 1

I know, I was just talking trash for the fun of it haha. As much as I hate Brady he's been unreal. And just for kicks I'm going to throw out the Pats have won 3 superbowls by a fieldgoal... everytime. That guy isn't on the team this year, I'm just saying hahaha. It's all in good fun.
    I was taught a month ago to bide my time and take it slow, but then I learned just yesterday to rush and never waste a day. Now I'm convinced the whole day long that all I've learned is always wrong. Things are true that I forget, but no one taught that to me yet
    I know, I was just talking trash for the fun of it haha. As much as I hate Brady he's been unreal. And just for kicks I'm going to throw out the Pats have won 3 superbowls by a fieldgoal... everytime. That guy isn't on the team this year, I'm just saying hahaha. It's all in good fun.

if you were going to talk trash, you should of said "Well, the Pats are 0-1 against the Packers in the Superbowl!" That would have been much better.

The Pats were in that game (SB XXXI) ... just pulled within 6, then Desmond Howard stuck a dagger in us ... ARGH.

Revenge will be sweet.

• fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Who Dey!!!!!!
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • jimed14 wrote:
    if you were going to talk trash, you should of said "Well, the Pats are 0-1 against the Packers in the Superbowl!" That would have been much better.

The Pats were in that game (SB XXXI) ... just pulled within 6, then Desmond Howard stuck a dagger in us ... ARGH.

Revenge will be sweet.

I use that all the time, since I live here in NE hahaha. I always ask my friends "Who was the last team to beat the pats in the superbowl again? Oh yeah, and our guy is still playing!! and taking them back" haha.
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    igotid88 wrote:
    I'm hoping for a Giants/Pats superbowl. And i want the Giants to himiliate Brady. He's had it good so far.

i'd be in heaven
  • Just bringing it back everyones attention.

Giants 27
    Pack 13
    Bradshaw will have a great game. 100+ yards rushing. Favre a non factor.

Patriots 49
    Chargers 0
    They're the fucking Patriots. Period.

Seriously, and no bullshit. I am curious if anyone thinks the Chargers can really beat the Patriots?
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • SomniumSomnium Posts: 85
    Sunday will be a GREAT day for the Pack. :)
    fuck the public
  • bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    Just bringing it back everyones attention.

Giants 27
    Pack 13

Patriots 49
    Chargers 0

Seriously, and no bullshit. I am curious if anyone thinks the Chargers can really beat the Patriots?

Sure they can, but they won't.
  • Packers All The Way. :D

PACKERS
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    brainofjb wrote:
    i am not just saying this becuz I am a pats fan

THe Chargers are all beat up, esp after today. THey are not gonna beat the pats !

I'm all about the Pats kicking the shit out of the Chargers today but.....beware of a wounded beast. They have a way of fighting harder when you least expect it. Pats need to come out hitting hard and when SD is down and struggling, hit 'em harder.

Pats v Packers in The Big Dance.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    i want the packers to win but i think the pats will win.
  • awww man, I gotta root for the Giants today. Farve is great and all, but I'd love to see a rematch of Pats/Giants. They're my fav underdog of the year.
  • Just bringing it back everyones attention.

Giants 27
    Pack 13

Patriots 49
    Chargers 0

haha I dunno about a shutout, but I am guessing the score will not be close. Pats at home at full strength against a worn-out Chargers team...I like their chances.

I like that NFC prediction too. That will be a lower-scoring game I think.
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    it is damn cold outside. windchill of about 17 degrees and dropping. i love the pats but i'd rather be inside watching on my big hd tv than sitting outside freezing my ass off in foxboro.

only a little over an hour until kickoff.
    Favre a non factor.

really? i guess it could happen, i just don't see it.

i think the cold (and the packers D) will get into eli's head.
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I freakin can't wait for conference championships.....the first game is on in t-minus 14 minutes

Down with Brady
    YAY for Favre
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Pats D today was just awesome today...didn't give up one touchdown.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Saturnal wrote:
    Pats D today was just awesome today...didn't give up one touchdown.

Yep.. they definitely won it for the Pats
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
    Trailer wrote:
    Yep.. they definitely won it for the Pats

c'mon D!!!!!!!!

Defense wins championships!!!!!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

• ProteusProteus Posts: 166
    Can't wait til Eli is out there sulking like he just dropped the Little League championship pop fly.

IT'S COMING.
    FUEL AND RELEASE!!! happiness is good FOR AN hour... FUEL AND RE-LEASE!!! happines is good FOR an HOU-ER.
    --P. Farrell
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Whizbang wrote:
    c'mon D!!!!!!!!

Defense wins championships!!!!!

Especially their red-zone defense
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
    Trailer wrote:
    Especially their red-zone defense

that's what I'm talking about.

• AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    It looks soooo cold there!!!! Go Packers!!!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
    JSBE wrote:
    i think the cold (and the packers D) will get into eli's head.

well, i was wrong. eli has played a hell of a lot of good football since the playoffs started. thanks for sucking complete ass for my fantasy team when it mattered to me.

the pack had so many chances to pull away in the game but stupid penalty after stupid penalty (with a couple horrible favre picks thrown in).

if tynes missed that last field goal i'm pretty sure tom coughlin's red, wind-beaten face would have exploded.