The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Hey I just saw your Fantasy team, you have picked a strange selection of players. I guess that is why you are only third from the bottom.:D
    But seriously you have made some choices that are less than obvious.

well my before team made me so down so now i thought hey change it into something strange;)
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Klumpie wrote:
    hahaha, every disadvantage has a advantage. ;)

That is obviously true, but still you have to shoot to score.;)
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    well my before team made me so down so now i thought hey change it into something strange;)

Maybe you can get a strange effect and curve right to the top of the table.:D
    Well apart from the red and yellow he seems to collect he is a fine player, might proof to be a little expensive though.

Yes if they waste any money on Beckham that would make me laugh.:D I never thought he was all that, but he seems to be over the hill now. I don't know if he has picked up his game, but the world cup was very bad for him.

yes that´s true i know i hope he will show it now when he´s back

well i think it´s just a joke after this now...yes he is over the hill now and he should stop and traying to be a manager or so or wotk with his talent schools
    Maybe you can get a strange effect and curve right to the top of the table.:D

maybe we will see;)
    yes that´s true i know i hope he will show it now when he´s back

well i think it´s just a joke after this now...yes he is over the hill now and he should stop and traying to be a manager or so or wotk with his talent schools

I think he would be better of with his talent school. I don't know him, nor have I ever talked to him, but he doesn't seem the brightest of lights if you know what I mean. I don't think he has the intelligence to manage a team, but hey it isn't science, so how knows maybe he'd make a great manager one day.
    in dome our right;)

i think the besz for him would be his school of talent ..or maybe one day he be a scout something like that ...
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    YAY #1: manu won with 4 goals.

YAY #2: Inter won the Milan derby. At last the "right" team wins on a big derby!
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    am just glad Liverpool finally won well and played well.
    always pleased when Kuyt and Crouch get on the scoresheet too.
    glad Luis Garcia scored too since i just recently bought a Garcia kit :D
    just hope this is the start of a good run and Rafa sticks to this 11 as they seemed very settled.

also..congrats to Del Piero on finally reaching 200 goals for Juve!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    YAY #1: manu won with 4 goals.

YAY #2: Inter won the Milan derby. At last the "right" team wins on a big derby!

And why is it that the right team won? Are you an Internisti?
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    am just glad Liverpool finally won well and played well.
    always pleased when Kuyt and Crouch get on the scoresheet too.
    glad Luis Garcia scored too since i just recently bought a Garcia kit :D
    just hope this is the start of a good run and Rafa sticks to this 11 as they seemed very settled.

also..congrats to Del Piero on finally reaching 200 goals for Juve!

First of all congratulations.

And what was Gerrard's position?
    First of all congratulations.

And what was Gerrard's position?
    thanks

he played on the right as usual..but not really as a winger..he did alot of cutting into the middle.
    had a very good chance at goal which led to him getting a slight injury and was taken off immediately..nothing serious thankfully.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    thanks

he played on the right as usual..but not really as a winger..he did alot of cutting into the middle.
    had a very good chance at goal which led to him getting a slight injury and was taken off immediately..nothing serious thankfully.

So Rapheal finally has learned that he can't play Gerrard as a winger?
    So Rapheal finally has learned that he can't play Gerrard as a winger?
    well..don't think Rafa ever played him as a typical by-line winger regularly..whenever he does play on the right..he tends to move around in the middle more.
    one thing i give credit to the gaffer is he never lets pressure get to him and sticks to his formations even though they don't please all of us.
    Stevie has a long way to go before reaching his usual form though...but good to see the rest picking up form finally!

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    well..don't think Rafa ever played him as a typical by-line winger regularly..whenever he does play on the right..he tends to move around in the middle more.
    one thing i give credit to the gaffer is he never lets pressure get to him and sticks to his formations even though they don't please all of us.
    Stevie has a long way to go before reaching his usual form though...but good to see the rest picking up form finally!

So he still played in a position that you find to be not supportive to Gerrard's quality?

I can understand why he does it though. If you position Alonso and Gerrard in the centre you are weak on the defensive side and if you change formation to 4-3-3 you can only use one striker.
    So he still played in a position that you find to be not supportive to Gerrard's quality?

I can understand why he does it though. If you position Alonso and Gerrard in the centre you are weak on the defensive side and if you change formation to 4-3-3 you can only use one striker.
    yep..noone can deny that Sissoko is now the first name Rafa picks for the 11 cos he can really work hard to defend and win balls.
    Rafa though needs to learn how to rotate Alonso and Stevie cos i prefer to see Stevie in the middle too.
    then at times when i see the options on the right like Pennant, i rather see Stevie on the right.

i'd like to see Liverpool try a 5-3-2 with Sissoko,Alonso and Stevie in the middle and since our wingers arent that great..use our full backs to attack.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yep..noone can deny that Sissoko is now the first name Rafa picks for the 11 cos he can really work hard to defend and win balls.
    Rafa though needs to learn how to rotate Alonso and Stevie cos i prefer to see Stevie in the middle too.
    then at times when i see the options on the right like Pennant, i rather see Stevie on the right.

i'd like to see Liverpool try a 5-3-2 with Sissoko,Alonso and Stevie in the middle and since our wingers arent that great..use our full backs to attack.

Oh OK I thought you wanted them to play with wingers. I recall you being dissapointed that Benitez didn't use the wingers more often. I really love to see Garcia play. I think I would go like this.

Finnan-Hyypia-Carregar-Rise
    ----Alonso
    Sissoko----
    Gerrard
    ---Kuijt
    Garcia---
    Crouch
    Oh OK I thought you wanted them to play with wingers. I recall you being dissapointed that Benitez didn't use the wingers more often. I really love to see Garcia play. I think I would go like this.

Finnan-Hyypia-Carregar-Rise
    ----Alonso
    Sissoko----
    Gerrard
    ---Kuijt
    Garcia---
    Crouch
    yeh i was disappointed at the fact the wingers weren't used as often but so far..Pennant just isnt good enough. Gonzalez is the only new winger who is doing well enough.
    so from that aspect i feel 5-3-2 might be better like what you have illustrated.
    Garcia played very very well yesterday too..so maybe if he plays more often he can pick up some continued form. he can be frustrating though cos he loses the ball alot in important areas.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh i was disappointed at the fact the wingers weren't used as often but so far..Pennant just isnt good enough. Gonzalez is the only new winger who is doing well enough.
    so from that aspect i feel 5-3-2 might be better like what you have illustrated.
    Garcia played very very well yesterday too..so maybe if he plays more often he can pick up some continued form. he can be frustrating though cos he loses the ball alot in important areas.

He should be allowed to lose the ball up front, but it can be painfull to the eyes when forward join in to defend and make the mistake of taking too much risk in moving out off defence. I have the same problems in my own team on saterday.:D To me as a defender it seems so obvious, just play simple in front of your own box, if needed just kick it across the side line.;)
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    And why is it that the right team won? Are you an Internisti?

haha, not quite... I'm torn between Inter and Juve. I actually like Juve better, but I will support anyone who plays against Milan really, lol.

But I don't like AC Milan, same way I don't like Real Madrid. And with teams like Boca and Barcelona losing their derbys, it was about time a team I liked won their derby!!! :p
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    haha, not quite... I'm torn between Inter and Juve. I actually like Juve better, but I will support anyone who plays against Milan really, lol.

But I don't like AC Milan, same way I don't like Real Madrid. And with teams like Boca and Barcelona losing their derbys, it was about time a team I liked won their derby!!! :p

I don't like Real Madrid, but as a Dutchmen I can't help but have a good feeling about AC Milan. I do pitty Inter with all their spending and never winning. Still the fact that Bergkamp couldn't make it there and a defensive midfielder like Winter could tells me something about Inter. Back in the days when Faas Wilkes played there they still wanted to attack, nowerdays they are a club that shows me the worst Italy has to over.
    He should be allowed to lose the ball up front, but it can be painfull to the eyes when forward join in to defend and make the mistake of taking too much risk in moving out off defence. I have the same problems in my own team on saterday.:D To me as a defender it seems so obvious, just play simple in front of your own box, if needed just kick it across the side line.;)
    also sometimes he makes the wrong options..if he can put a striker through, he would rather take a wild shot and waste very good chances.
    yup i agree that defenders need to play simple..goalkeepers included.
    when Reina tries his stupid stunts..my heart just sinks...

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    also sometimes he makes the wrong options..if he can put a striker through, he would rather take a wild shot and waste very good chances.
    yup i agree that defenders need to play simple..goalkeepers included.
    when Reina tries his stupid stunts..my heart just sinks...

I can imagine, lucky for me we have Gomez playing for PSV so we don't really have that problem. Besides a clown in the liverpool goal seems the way it should be.:D
    I can imagine, lucky for me we have Gomez playing for PSV so we don't really have that problem. Besides a clown in the liverpool goal seems the way it should be.:D
    haha yes lucky for PSV..Gomez is class!
    since Grobbelaar left us...we have been cursed with clowns...Grobbelaar was a clown too during his last few seasons.
    hopefully Carson will come good since we already sold Kirkland for 3.5 million.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    haha yes lucky for PSV..Gomez is class!
    since Grobbelaar left us...we have been cursed with clowns...Grobbelaar was a clown too during his last few seasons.
    hopefully Carson will come good since we already sold Kirkland for 3.5 million.

I thought Westerveld did OK at first and he started making mistakes after Hollier mmmmh lets say lost his faith in him.
    HSV II didn´t won but got 1 point

by the way since vdv is back Troche is gettin stronger again maybe he good point for wendsday;)

and matjisen played well too ...he is gettin stronger,too ...
    HSV II didn´t won but got 1 point

by the way since vdv is back Troche is gettin stronger again maybe he good point for wendsday;)

and matjisen played well too ...he is gettin stronger,too ...

Ah the sweet smell of hope.:D
    Ah the sweet smell of hope.:D

for sure ;) a fan is a fan even if it is worse:D
    West Ham is leading with 1:0
    for sure ;) a fan is a fan even if it is worse:D

Ah yes unless you root for Feyenoord in that case things are hopeless.:D