bathroom etiquette at the office

edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I don't shock easily but every now and then I am totally appalled at some things that occur in the woman's bathroom....I won't go into gory details.

Anyway I am in there washing my hands and this woman who I work with walks in, closes the stall door and says "sorry about what you're about to hear" she slams herself down on the toilet (severely obese, not that there's anything wrong with that) and lets one rip like i have never heard before.

seriosuly, do people have no shame?!?!?!? I almost died. :eek:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    hahahahahahahahahaha

:D:D:D

i'm glad i'm alone now cuz if i had to explain why i'm laughing so hard right now.....:eek:

:D
  • tylerpjtxtylerpjtx Posts: 201
    haha...it was her only refuge! these things cant always be put on pause. she did what she could and went to the bathroom. its the place for such things!
    all these burning battlefields are now behind us, life has brought us here together to remind us, that love will rise above it all and just keep growin, life keeps flowing and every moment starts right here with us
    -mason jennings
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,230
    that's quite the visual. i guess i shouldn't be surprised at that anymore, but i'd think most people would go in quietly, meet with client number 2 and then wait until the office was empty so nobody knows it's them taking care of business..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    yeah, dropping a # 2 at work is risky business.
  • comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    oh my :eek: hahahahahahaha well at least she had the decency to apologize in advance :p
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    4 stalls. I am sitting in 1. The other 3 are empty. Guy walks in and sits in the empty one right next to me. Ugh.

What makes it worse: when he then gives *me* the silent treatment. I.e. the whole "who can out-silent the other guy so the other guy gives up and flushes and leaves, only to come back 15 mins later").

Boooooooo.

Don't even get me started on the conversation-starter-while-using-the-urinal-next-to-you ettiquette breacher. One-upped only by the guy who talks to you and ALSO proceeds to look at you the whole time.

Get a clue folks. Common ettiquette.

//Rant mode
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • westsidepiewestsidepie Posts: 627
    I don't shock easily but every now and then I am totally appalled at some things that occur in the woman's bathroom....I won't go into gory details.

Anyway I am in there washing my hands and this woman who I work with walks in, closes the stall door and says "sorry about what you're about to hear" she slams herself down on the toilet (severely obese, not that there's anything wrong with that) and lets one rip like i have never heard before.

It is a good thing I was not drinking my coffee when I read that, or I would have done the best spit take. I think that is the funniest thing I have read in awhile. I think the cherry on top would have been if another person came in and engaged in a farting duet with the first person a la Family Guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wybXFXXIJi0
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    yeah, dropping a # 2 at work is risky business.

just a rip *fart* not #2 ;)
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878

holy crap (excuse the pun), cynthia, that's totally made my day! Hahaha. People are so crazy sometimes.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843

i think that fat bitch kicks ass
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • i've always thought it was funny that people are embarassed to fart in public except in the bathroom! i guess its only embarassing if the opposite sex is around or something.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    We have numerous bathrooms through out the building, but in our secured area, there is only a single bathroom for ladies and one for men. What do you guys think about a person that waits for someone to come out of the bathroom.

I just find it rude. You walk out and someone is standing there waiting. Walk down the hall, exit the door and go to one of the 100 other bathrooms in the building.

That's what I do if this one is occupied.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    my line for the smells and sounds of the work restroom:

"you really need to see a doctor about that problem"

:)
  • kind of unrelated, but my floor is about 90% men and the floor below is about 90% women, so its kind of an unwritten rule that you pee in our floor's bathroom and do #2 downstairs (for toilet seat cleanliness downstairs and to keep the smell out upstairs).

to break this law is unwise.
  • kh65kh65 Posts: 946

"Nothing wrong with that" :):) Of course there is!!! Like I always say "NO FAT CHICKS."
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    BinFrog wrote:
    4 stalls. I am sitting in 1. The other 3 are empty. Guy walks in and sits in the empty one right next to me. Ugh.

What makes it worse: when he then gives *me* the silent treatment. I.e. the whole "who can out-silent the other guy so the other guy gives up and flushes and leaves, only to come back 15 mins later").

Boooooooo.

Don't even get me started on the conversation-starter-while-using-the-urinal-next-to-you ettiquette breacher. One-upped only by the guy who talks to you and ALSO proceeds to look at you the whole time.

Get a clue folks. Common ettiquette.

//Rant mode

Holy shit!!! I would either hold it all day or find a new job. Seriously , that ain't right.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • timrothtimroth Posts: 215
    this is a really fuuny very thread....crapping at work sucks. I hate crapping when someone else is in the room, my dog and cat included.

Sometimes just to piss off my wife I will walk in when she is dropping the kids off at the pool. she hates it and gets so mad. i tell her to lock the door if she doesnt want me walking in.
  • timroth wrote:
    this is a really fuuny very thread....crapping at work sucks. I hate crapping when someone else is in the room, my dog and cat included.

Sometimes just to piss off my wife I will walk in when she is dropping the kids off at the pool. she hates it and gets so mad. i tell her to lock the door if she doesnt want me walking in.

yeah! what is with that? i lock the door out of habit and i live by myself. I dont want to walk in on that!
    I guess this is what happens when you start off your day every morning with one of those big gulps full of soda :eek:
  • Haha, i has this conversation with someone last week.

I am not a work defecator. It's always weird when someone goes in the bathroom and comes out 15 minutes later. They know that YOU know what they were doing and it's just...awkward. Not to mention, sometimes the smell that people leave is unbearable. And even though we all leave rancid smells from time to time, i don't want to be known as "the girl who left the gross stench that time"

I'd rather hold it until i get home, thanks.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Our office boss unleashes hell in our men's room. If I see him go in there, I hold it for at least an hour.

Best time to go...230pm.
    I love to turn you on
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    jeez... when ya gotta go ya gotta go... nothing feels better than a big poo and theres no reason to be embarrassed about it... IMO :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    sgossard3 wrote:
    jeez... when ya gotta go ya gotta go... nothing feels better than a big poo and theres no reason to be embarrassed about it... IMO :D

That would make a great country song. I can hear Carrie Underwood, Faith Hill, The Dixie Chicks, Hank Williams Jr. singing:

"Nothing feels better than a big poo.."

How about adding some more lines?
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    That would make a great country song. I can hear Carrie Underwood, Faith Hill, The Dixie Chicks, Hank Williams Jr. singing:

"Nothing feels better than a big poo.."

How about adding some more lines?

Mornin' coffee and a cigarette too
    nothing feels better than a big ol' poo

There's your chorus...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=270704

i will never understand.......:o

and i have to agee about the leainvg 'space' between stalls when possible. i mean truly, wtf? i think women in general have much more 'shy' habits when it comes to such things, but absolutely...there ARe scary exceptions.

overall, outside the cell phone thing...our office restroom etiquette is in pretty damn fine form, as are the restrooms themselves, so it's good.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    Ewww. Once in my dorms I went to the communal bathroom stall in the hall and there was, shall we say a 'mess' all over the toilet, floor and walls around it. I have no idea how that could have happened, like someone just backed up to the toilet standing there and bent over. We had a rather 'large' guy living in one of the dorms there, whom I always figured was the culprit. I just can't understand how that can happen and you just walk off and leave it for someone else.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=270704

i will never understand.......:o

and i have to agee about the leainvg 'space' between stalls when possible. i mean truly, wtf? i think women in general have much more 'shy' habits when it comes to such things, but absolutely...there ARe scary exceptions.

overall, outside the cell phone thing...our office restroom etiquette is in pretty damn fine form, as are the restrooms themselves, so it's good.

haha yeah i have seen that. truly amazing....
    eyedclaar wrote:

There's your chorus...

OK, here is verse 1

I woke up this morning feeling bloated with gas
    I knew it was time for a load to pass
    so I grabbed my cigarettes
    brewed some bean
    headed off to the latrine
    while singing this song

Chorus
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

• SilverSeedSilverSeed Posts: 336
    It's threads like these that make the pit so damn awesome...

I have a buddy (who will go unidentified as he posts on here...) who can do things to a toilet you couldn't imagine. At his old work, he would go to OTHER PEOPLE'S FLOORS to do his business. Then return to his office on his floor. Truly a sick fuck...

As a sidenote, he wants to start a website called awaydumps.com or something like that. Basically a datebase of good toilets to use in public.

Thanks again for this thread!
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • failedpersephonefailedpersephone Posts: 3,424
    I have been in a restroom when this woman that works in an office down the hall came in there and started going "OH my oh nooo OH Dear God! Uhhhh...oh no..noooo...*sniffle* oh..oh Excuse me oh no...uh oh!" the excuse me line was when I asked her if everything was alright...

all of that was accompanied by a LOT of very loud "dirt bomber" booming farts...and some lighter wet and squishies...

I was so embarrassed and sad for her...she sounded so upset about what whas coming out of her butt.

I think she was burping at the same time.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.