Options

Insomnia

2»

Comments

• Options
    I do now. lol

Yeah I'll be enjoying that one myself for a while...
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    melatonin? it's not a sleeping pill, it's a supplement. it works really well for me and most of my friends.

I know what you mean. especially when I get home from work super late, I can't wind down. last night I got home at 11 and couldn't fall asleep until way past 1.
  • Options
    i can honestly say i dont know exactly what insomnia is. is it not being able to sleep, or not staying asleep, or just having a incrediblely hard time falling asleep, or is it any of the three?

i go from being able to sleep 15 hours in a day, or being able to go to sleep 4 hours after waking up, to going weeks on 2-4 hours of sleep a night(morning). obviously this isnt normal but i dont think its insomnia, is it?
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    i can honestly say i dont know exactly what insomnia is. is it not being able to sleep, or not staying asleep, or just having a incrediblely hard time falling asleep, or is it any of the three?

i go from being able to sleep 15 hours in a day, or being able to go to sleep 4 hours after waking up, to going weeks on 2-4 hours of sleep a night(morning). obviously this isnt normal but i dont think its insomnia, is it?

Insomnia is when you cannot fall asleep, or can't stay asleep and I think to be insomnia it should last a certain period of time.

There are many different sleeping disorders. I'm sure a quick google search will give you all the different disorders.

A lot of people in my family have sleeping disorders, a few have insomnia but most of them have delayed sleep-phase disorder and some have sleep apnea.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    Insomnia is when you cannot fall asleep, or can't stay asleep and I think to be insomnia it should last a certain period of time.

There are many different sleeping disorders. I'm sure a quick google search will give you all the different disorders.

A lot of people in my family have sleeping disorders, a few have insomnia but most of them have delayed sleep-phase disorder and some have sleep apnea.

alright so im quasi-insomniac, hahaha. im pretty sure i dont have sleep apnea(thats the breathing thing, right?)
  • Options
    alright so im quasi-insomniac, hahaha. im pretty sure i dont have sleep apnea(thats the breathing thing, right?)

Yeah, well actually it's the non-breathing thing :D
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Still no sleep for me.
    Even after the copious amounts of alcohol :(
    The way I see it though, is that exhaustions gotta kick in pretty soon huh?
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    I got to sleep finally at 5 in the morning last night, hence the reason I wasn't up until 12 the next morning...
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    Still no sleep for me.

You've seen Fightclub? The exhaustion eventually becomes a permanent asleep/awake state..

• Options
    Still no sleep for me.

I remember when I was 17 and I couldn't sleep, night after night I was wide awake, it was horrible. I felt exhausted, my eyes hurt, as the hours passed I became more and more desparate, my mind started racing...

Exhaustion did kick in, though, when I was at school. So I figured if I can't sleep at night, I might as well do it during the day, so I slept during lunch time, all the breaks and in some classes. I stopped doing this, however, because the more I slept during the day, the less I could sleep during the night.

This lasted quite a while and eventually it got better. I was a freakin' zombie.

Now, if I can't sleep I get out of bed and start doing things that need to be done, sometimes I get tired after an hour or two and go to bed, sometimes I don't get tired but then at least I've done something and that gives me a little time during the day during which I can sleep. Or I smoke a joint, and fall a sleep within the hour (most of the times), but I don't do it too often because pot's expensive :D
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Collin wrote:
    I remember when I was 17 and I couldn't sleep, night after night I was wide awake, it was horrible. I felt exhausted, my eyes hurt, as the hours passed I became more and more desparate, my mind started racing...

Exhaustion did kick in, though, when I was at school. So I figured if I can't sleep at night, I might as well do it during the day, so I slept during lunch time, all the breaks and in some classes. I stopped doing this, however, because the more I slept during the day, the less I could sleep during the night.

This lasted quite a while and eventually it got better. I was a freakin' zombie.

Now, if I can't sleep I get out of bed and start doing things that need to be done, sometimes I get tired after an hour or two and go to bed, sometimes I don't get tired but then at least I've done something and that gives me a little time during the day during which I can sleep. Or I smoke a joint, and fall a sleep within the hour (most of the times), but I don't do it too often because pot's expensive :D
    :(
    Can't say this gives me much hope.
    Smoking is one thing I haven't tried yet...If it keeps up I may give it a go. It does chill me out, or it used to.
    Really, I'd prefer not to rely on anything though.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Get_Right wrote:
    seriously-warm ovaltine
    deep breathing-always helps me
    do some yoga stretches
    and well um, the sex suggestion is pretty good
    no tv
    no music
    eye mask

I will try the ovaltine....I love ovaltine.

eye mask? i think that would bother me...

sex? well, I live w/my son and don't allow visitors over :) so that won't work.
  • Options
    :(
    Can't say this gives me much hope.
    Smoking is one thing I haven't tried yet...If it keeps up I may give it a go. It does chill me out, or it used to.
    Really, I'd prefer not to rely on anything though.

Have you consulted your doctor yet?
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I will try the ovaltine....I love ovaltine.

eye mask? i think that would bother me...

sex? well, I live w/my son and don't allow visitors over :) so that won't work.

and a hot bath-I forgot that.
    and who says you need a visitor? hehehehe :)