Options

Quitting School

2»

Comments

• Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    http://www.azcentral.com/families/education/articles/1019collegebenefits19-ON.html

some info you might by interested in.

Basically, you're gonna do what you want to do, no one here can make you do anything. And personally, you shouldn't base a choice like college on what anyone says on this board. That is too important. We don't know you, and you need to do whats best for you. Perhaps your family/friends can help you make the right choice? (I do not mean in anyways, not to come here for support, but more like this is a huge thing in your life)

I do know that life will throw a lot harder things on you then college. There are people out there that would literally chew off a limb to get the chance to go. This doesn't mean everyone feels that way, or its right for you, but you have to look down the road at where you want your life to go. This is a chance of a life time, and are you at a point in your life where you feel that you are ready to make a choice that could hold you down for the rest of your life? College was a rollercoaster of emotions for me, there were times that I was like, this is the best thing EVER, and there were times where I counted down the days till I was "free". I loved some classes, and I HATED other. But I know I would be in a much different place, had I not have gone through it. In the scheme of things, its a small time frame in your life, and since you have already put a lot into it.. it might just be worth it to finish it out. I doubt you will look back in many years and regret going to college.
  • Options
    i took kinda what interested me, then i got bored. so i changed it and i still dont like school. and if i quit i dont think id regret it. i dropped out of high school and went working. after working for awhile i thought i should go back cause everyday i had to beat my self. and im not into physical stuff. so i went back to school. so ive tasted what its like to work crummy jobs. and i liked that better.

kinda off topic but when i was still seeing my therapist she told me to get out and do stuff and all that crap. so i thought school would be something she'd recommend. but school just makes stuff worse. i honestly think i dont like being around people.

i can say i havent enjoyed any of it for months. the best part is its close to the comic shop. but i could go there anyways. i sometimes just sit there wondering why people would actually pay for this. i dont even want to go for free and people go in debt for school. i really dont understand it.

ive read everyones responses and there just doesnt seem to be a single good reason for me to stay. other than the free part and i dont care about the money.
    If the issue is that you don't like being around people, you could explore online courses and programs. Ultimately you have to do what's right for you...and that may or may not be college. My brother dropped out of high school and I have a Master's degree...yet he earns more money than I do and we both love our jobs...so education doesn't necessarily equal success or happiness. It just seems like you're struggling with the decision since you posted about it.
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    JUST FINISH IT!!
    you'll be glad you did when it's over. I'm 27 and finally going to graduate college next year when I'm 28! It took me awhile. I gave up a few time when I shouldn't of and I kinda struggle with it sometimes even now, but seeing the light at the end of the tunnel is getting me thru it. Just stick with it, you'll have so many more options if you do.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    corycory Posts: 736
    Just suck it up and finish it. A couple of years will make a huge difference in your life in the professional world, unless of course, you don't mind making $17,000 a year wiping shit off of bathroom walls in a fucking Exxon.

Quit being a pussy and finish what you started. Be somebody goddammit.

Your 'ole pal,

Corance
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?