Anyone live by themsleves???

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I have been for the past week, the first time in my 29 years of existance.. I like the freedom, but it gets quiet sometimes.. a little too quiet. I have people over allot I guess and there's hundreds of pubs and things to do within walking distance, but I don't know what to make of this feeling.. it's like people, can't live with them, can't live without them..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    I love living alone.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    I did for a year or so. It was great. It got a bit quiet sometimes, but I actually came to enjoy it. I especially loved being able to go out knowing that when you came home the place would be exactly as you left it. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Jeanie wrote:
    I did for a year or so. It was great. I got a bit quiet sometimes, but I actually came to enjoy it. I especially loved being able to go out knowing that when you came home the place would be exactly as you left it. :)
    Ha ha, true.. I had a few people over tonight and was trying to keep things clean and organized as they were getting drunk.. I like having control over me and what I do.. Probably why I am single, though :/
  • gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    gue_barium wrote:
    I love living alone.

Getting laid every now and then is the trick.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    i wish i lived alone
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    i've been living by myself off and on since college. i really like it...not having someone freaking out over dishes in the sink or whatever...cause sometimes i don't feel like cleaning right away!

my only issue with it is the fact that it's sooooo expensive!!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Ha ha, true.. I had a few people over tonight and was trying to keep things clean and organized as they were getting drunk.. I like having control over me and what I do.. Probably why I am single, though :/

:D Yeah, I know that feeling. Did a lot of running around cleaning up after other people when I lived in share houses. Sometimes it was ok and sometimes it was painful! :eek:

Can't help with the single thing. The few times I've lived with a guy I got to be chief cook and bottle washer. Not really how I wanted it to be. It must be the ridiculous idea I have that we share household chores 50/50. :rolleyes: It just never seemed to catch on. :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Know the feeling.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    I've lived alone for a few years. It has its pluses and minuses
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    One year left of grad school, then i get my own place. I can't wait.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I've been living alone for 16 years. It's more expensive than living with others. That's really the only negative. If dorm life was any indication, it takes me about 6 months to get sick of someone, so living by myself is the best option.

The positive is it's my space, my time within my space.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • i need to get out of my parents house and get my own place. i dont even care how much it costs.

not that i dont get along with my parents, i am just wasting away right now.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i lived alone for my senior year of college. i enjoyed it, though it probably wasn't the ideal time to do so. i felt a little isolated and i was also in the midst of some serious problems with addiction and depression. it was a tough year for me. however, this past summer i essentially lived alone as my roommate was working in a different city and i LOVED it. loved coming home and having nothing to do but what i wanted. i have plenty going on in my life to keep me busy, so i doubt i'd mind the quiet. it was never a problem for me... i'd pop on a dvd or the stereo or just read a book. loved it. i wish i lived alone now :(
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    since college i've lived alone (save a couple years) and i wouldn't have it any other way....:)
  • I lived alone from about age 22-30... I actually really liked it. I love my wife and wouldn't change anything about my situation now, but I loved having a place to myself for those years.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • I lived alone for my last semester of college, and I mostly lived alone for the year before that because a few weeks after school began, my roommate started dating and essentially moved in with this creepy guy that she ended up marrying by the summer. Ahem...I digress. Anyway, I really loved living alone. It was nice. But, I tend to be very lazy about picking up after myself when I'm living alone. ;)

Now I live with a 27 yr old man and a 17 month old girl. The girl is very messy, but at least my other roommate helps me pick up after her. They're cool, but it's still nice to have time alone when they go out together and I stay home once in a while.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Best part about living by myself so far..

Making dinner in my underwear. :D
  • Best part about living by myself so far..

if thats the BEST part.......

then you are not using your time wisely.....heheheheh

its been a couple weeks now.....right????

i hope you have banged at least 3 different ladies.....

and their sisters
    their friends
    their relatives.....

hehehehehehehehehehehehe......................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Best part about living by myself so far..

Who needs to live alone to do that ;)

Maybe get a little puppy dog to come to ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • i live alone. i'm alone right now. i mainly get bored. i'd rather feel lonely than live with someone and fight with them though. but still it gets boring.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I've lived alone for several years....well ever since my 2nd year of college when I decided that roomates were a very bad thing.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I lived on my own for 4 years after the divorce. I loved it, played music as loud as I wanted, watched what I wanted, smoked as much as I wanted, tidied up when I wanted. I guarded my privacy jealously. :D

Edit: It was then ruined by this gorgeous dark haired woman with stunning blue eyes. I'll never forgive her.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i've never lived alone. been living with my girlfriend for the past year or so, and she went away for a weekend, and i hated being alone.

the privacy of alone time is great, but i think i would die of boredom
  • i've fantasized about it at times. ;) haha.

in all seriousness...yes and no. i have lived alone, but i had a BF who was practically over all the time....or i had roommates....so never 100% always on my own. i have had periods of living alone...hubby away for 2 months probably the most similar to your situation, altho i knew he was coming back. :p haha. anyhoo....i think like anything else, it's just an adjustment. i bet in time you will grow to enjoy it. sure, still want to be with people...but relish in your alone time too.

for us, i'ts just *us*....and most of my family/friends when they do come over, which is rare....we go out to socialize more than have people in.....all comment how *quiet* it is. yes, we have dogs and a cat, but certainly not the noise level of children/family members. we love it...and sure, do make noice, ha, but yes.....it's all different life circumstances.

i hope you enjoy your alone time! you may miss it one day! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• i love living alone... like others have mentioned, you can watch what you want, clean when you want, do laundry when you want, no one is ever in the bathroom when you need it....

my favorite thing is not ever having to go grocery shopping if i don't want to... currently in my fridge there is a half an onion, a bottle of gin, a jar of pickles, some parmesan cheese, and some perrier. tonight, i'm probably ordering pizza. ;):D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • I love living alone! I highly recommend it. I am moving in with my fiance next month and will thus end living on my own. I am quite excited about moving in with her though. But, if you're single and love your independence (and can afford it) living on your own is the best...
    7/8/95, 6/26/98, 6/27/98, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 8/20/00, 8/21/00, 10/8/00, 10/21/00, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 6/24/03, 10/3/04, 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/20/06, 6/24/06, 6/30/06
  • i love living alone... like others have mentioned, you can watch what you want, clean when you want, do laundry when you want, no one is ever in the bathroom when you need it....

my favorite thing is not ever having to go grocery shopping if i don't want to... currently in my fridge there is a half an onion, a bottle of gin, a jar of pickles, some parmesan cheese, and some perrier. tonight, i'm probably ordering pizza. ;):D

If you had a bottle of tonic and a lime in there... I say you had it made ;)
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i love living alone... like others have mentioned, you can watch what you want, clean when you want, do laundry when you want, no one is ever in the bathroom when you need it....

that sounds about like my fridge when i was alone. i rarely had more than milk and water. sometimes lunch meat for work sandwiches, hehe.
  • that sounds about like my fridge when i was alone. i rarely had more than milk and water. sometimes lunch meat for work sandwiches, hehe.

:p

When I lived alone...

My girlfriends used to look in my fridge and say I always had enough food on hand for a family of 4...

The look in the booze cupboard and say I was stocked well enough to open a club :D
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • lksammktlksammkt Posts: 127
    that sounds about like my fridge when i was alone. i rarely had more than milk and water. sometimes lunch meat for work sandwiches, hehe.

yep thats me - but I have more beer than milk in the fridge. I fear these single gal tendencies will eventually scare the snot out of my next relationship. But hootie who! I am lovin it!
    I just keep moving on....