Options

What happens after we die..

2»

Comments

• Options
    i actually had a couple of friends who smoke weed... constantly. they had similar experiences... funny thing is they both had it like a couple months apart.

I've never met anyone who had an anxiety attack from smoking weed, and I know a shit load of people who smoke. That sounds much more like something shrooms would do. But whatever.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Your body dies but your soul lives on forever. I was raised through Theravada Buddhism, but I haven't been a devoted Buddhist for so though.

Some of you might think I sound like a nut-job for this story and explanation but it's true. Recently, my family and I had an episode that further prove my belief that the souls of a dead person.
    My step-father past away in early 2002 (nearly 6 years ago), and he had given my step-brother a very significant ring that his family had past down from generation to generation. Around Christmas times, one day my mother woke up from a terrible nightmare where my step-father's spirit was demanding her to tell to my younger brother about the ring. And wouldn't you, my idiot brother lost the ring. Everyone in the family was determined that one of his friends stole it. He had changed his story from losing it in the snow to lost it somewhere in the house to other excuses. It's been nearly a month, and the ring is nowhere to be found.

Just three months earlier, around September, I had a terrible nightmare as well about my grand uncle who was so close to me. The next morning, the family got a call from my uncle telling us that his father had past away. :(

My mother tells me stories of these kinds of incidents, I've always though that might be coincidences or something. But the more I see and experienced them the further believe I have in the them.

So basically, I'm believe about the dead is, the body dies but the soul and spirit live forever.

Thank you :D
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    I went to one of many psychics who told me that I am an old soul, and that this is my last time. I was RELIEVED when I heard that. No wonder I feel tired some times :D

A few years after that I didn't think this was my last time. It didn't make sense this is it for me. Too much undone.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    the only memory i got about my grandpa is once when i was a kid. my cousins and i were running outside to play. my grandpa got a hold of me as soon as i was heading out. he pulled me into the living room, sat me next to him, leaned my head against his belly and he rubbed his hands through my fingers. and held me there for about 10 min and kept telling me, "that's my boy. you're gonna be strong. strong like your daddy." i was about 8 yrs old... my grandpa was about 86. he died about the next two years....

even though it's the only memory i got of him.... from the stories i hear about him he was a very passive man and always wanted peace within our family. (even though my family is crazy as hell and are always fighting). so i can sort of associate with your experience with your grandfather. it's as if i knew my grandfather longer.

That's so cool, man. A nice memory as well. Too bad you didn't get to know him better personally...

My grandfather was 78 when he died, he was such a strong, man. He had cancer and had it for 10 years, my family never told me. My grandmother died of cancer as well, a year and a half before him. He was at the hospital by her bed every day at 8 o'clock, and stayed way after visiting hours (they let him because my grandfather was a wonderful, man :D). And after she died, he picked up his life again, did everything she used to do... but then one day he became ill, and for a while he was still so strong but eventually he started to notice he was losing his strength and he couldn't do all the things he used to and I think he kind of stopped fighting, I think he was tired of fighting and wanted to be with his wife...

I've learned so much from him. He was really a remarkable, man. I'm not proud of a lot things, but I'm definitely proud of my grandfather. Everyone loved him (except his evil sister :D)
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    SomniumSomnium Posts: 85
    Cologne and deodorant are no longer effective.
    fuck the public
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    I've never met anyone who had an anxiety attack from smoking weed, and I know a shit load of people who smoke. That sounds much more like something shrooms would do. But whatever.

Yeah, smoking weed usually has the opposite effect of an anxiety attack :D
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    What happens when we die.

We all just start over again as someone else. Only way i get to sleep at night as if you think about it too much, it fries your head.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    My lately near atheism views seems to point out the obvious to me. Death = the same as before we were born... So much to see and feel in the little life that we have, we are only a speck of dust, living in a blink of time that will one day be forgotten...

Right? or wrong?

Sometimes I wish religion were the truth. That we would die and live eternally happy with all our relatives and long lost friends amongst the stars..

I'm getting all late night sappy here, but the death of Heath Ledger hits a little home for me.. Why?.. He's about my age, height and complexion. Hearing about his death is a harsh reminder that I am mortal. That no matter how immortal I might feel, it could all be lost at any second. I could go to bed tonight and never wake.. and will it have ever meant anything and was there any real meaning to begin with?

People die, people close to them mourn, then they remember, but then they are lost and eventually all is forgotten..

Looks like I'm ending my night on a high note here. :p ..hope I didn't bring anyone down. Just something to reflect on.. Enjoy life!
    What happens when we die?
    We get the truth. We know for sure what lies beyond this existance. Either there is another level of existance... or a void. We will know which one it is. And go from there... or not.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    All your relatives show up with a big glowing floating smiling Jesus, then you all start break dancing on a cloud.....forever.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    That's so cool, man. A nice memory as well. Too bad you didn't get to know him better personally...

My grandfather was 78 when he died, he was such a strong, man. He had cancer and had it for 10 years, my family never told me. My grandmother died of cancer as well, a year and a half before him. He was at the hospital by her bed every day at 8 o'clock, and stayed way after visiting hours (they let him because my grandfather was a wonderful, man :D). And after she died, he picked up his life again, did everything she used to do... but then one day he became ill, and for a while he was still so strong but eventually he started to notice he was losing his strength and he couldn't do all the things he used to and I think he kind of stopped fighting, I think he was tired of fighting and wanted to be with his wife...

I've learned so much from him. He was really a remarkable, man. I'm not proud of a lot things, but I'm definitely proud of my grandfather. Everyone loved him (except his evil sister :D)
    wow... 10 years... he sounds like a strong man for sure. how old were you then?
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • Options
    no... not necessarily an anxiety attack. rather kinda like a panic attack.... both of them habitually smoke weed... but they're heavy smokers. like you wouldn't believe.

one day, one of them was getting up to use the restroom then he stayed still and kinda blanked out for a moment. he collapsed headfirst and hit his head on a counter... he cut his forehead open. no stitches were required but he did have some kind of attack. couple months later... my other friend who also smokes weed with him had a very similar kind of "attack". not sure what it is though.
  • Options
    I really wish it wasn't but unfortunately I think it's "Boom, Boom...Out go the lights!"
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    I'd like to believe there is a sort of heaven but it seems far fetched. I also would like to believe you are reunited with those you love but I don't see how that could happen either. It seems like nothing happens after you die... But I do believe in ghosts so I wonder how that's related. hmmm.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    I'd like to believe there is a sort of heaven but it seems far fetched. I also would like to believe you are reunited with those you love but I don't see how that could happen either. It seems like nothing happens after you die... But I do believe in ghosts so I wonder how that's related. hmmm.
    i believe there is a heaven... only it's not like a physical place where you can describe with colors and sorts. i don't think that we'll be reunited with our loved one's either. i just think that we will be like "spirits" where everything is perfect. don't know how "perfect"... i just can figure like a feeling where it feels perfect. i guess it kinda ties in with your "ghost" theory. those that don't go to heaven stay in this "trap", a spiritual room in which they are haunted and is completely opposite to a "perfect state". i don't think it's hell though. yeah, i guess i'm full of it. :)
  • Options
    Heath Ledger's death hit me today. I put the radio on, and at 1pm I heard
    PJ's Black. I needed to hear the words again, from a different perspective.

Tragic , ending... faded to Black

My prayers go out to his family, and his fans. Thank you Heath, for the remarkable movies, you entertained the world with.
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's Soul remains Unawakened.
    Anatole France
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    i believe in life everlasting.
  • Options
    Life everlasting? A 2 year old little girl has no Daddy anymore. She will never grow up knowing who her Father was, or who he could have been. That is the saddest part of death. "Life wasted"

I am more personally drawn to the conclusion that perhaps we evolve into a higher sense of being. Karma can go bite it's own arse!
    Anatole France
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,793
    Our bodies rot in the ground after we die, or get burned to a crisp. Your choice. We live on through those in whom lives we had touched. (Quick, need a Mookie editor for that one!)
  • Options
    i believe there is a heaven... only it's not like a physical place where you can describe with colors and sorts. i don't think that we'll be reunited with our loved one's either. i just think that we will be like "spirits" where everything is perfect. don't know how "perfect"... i just can figure like a feeling where it feels perfect. i guess it kinda ties in with your "ghost" theory. those that don't go to heaven stay in this "trap", a spiritual room in which they are haunted and is completely opposite to a "perfect state". i don't think it's hell though. yeah, i guess i'm full of it. :)

Yea I get you on that one. Were you brought up Catholic? I was, but I don't really follow it anymore. The part I really would hope is true, is seeing all those people you lost earlier. Wonder what would happen though if you had a spouse and promised to meet in heaven, but they died and then you remarried... so who are you meeting? hmm. maybe that's why that wouldn't be such a great idea. I definitely believe in ghosts though... so there's something.... but I just don't know what.
  • Options
    Your post and the quote remind me of a very visually stunning and artistic view of what happens when we die.
    Check out a movie called "What Dreams May Come" starring Robin Williams, and some other talented actors. It came out about 10 years ago, or earlier.
    Anatole France
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    I have to agree, Im around Heath ledgers age, and when I heard he died tonight...i dont know why...but it really bothered me. Normally celebrity news/deaths dont phase me in the least.. but this was different...and I cant explain it.
    I know what you mean.... I'm the same age... and Australian... I was bothered to find this news out too. Can't explain why i am so bothered either.
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    Obsidian22 wrote:
    Life everlasting? A 2 year old little girl has no Daddy anymore.

hmm...i wasn't quoting your post about heath ledger. i was responding to this thread (what i believe happens after our physical bodies die).

so yeah, life everlasting. that's my catholic style.
  • Options
    Obsidian22 wrote:
    Your post and the quote remind me of a very visually stunning and artistic view of what happens when we die.
    Check out a movie called "What Dreams May Come" starring Robin Williams, and some other talented actors. It came out about 10 years ago, or earlier.

Ah, yes, I have seen it! That was a really cool movie, kinda sad too. I don't remember it fully bc I have the most horrible memory ever so maybe I should give it another watch. :-D oddly, I remember who and where I saw this movie but not all the details of the movie. hehe.
  • Options
    Yea I get you on that one. Were you brought up Catholic? I was, but I don't really follow it anymore. The part I really would hope is true, is seeing all those people you lost earlier. Wonder what would happen though if you had a spouse and promised to meet in heaven, but they died and then you remarried... so who are you meeting? hmm. maybe that's why that wouldn't be such a great idea. I definitely believe in ghosts though... so there's something.... but I just don't know what.
    well, that's what i mean about spirits. if you were to remarry and then reunite in heaven you're basically not meeting them like a spouse... but rather meeting them in a different form. you'll not see male nor female, father nor mother, no colors or sorts... just spirits in their true form. what that's like is beyond me... it's just what i believe. no i'm not catholic. :)
  • Options
    well, that's what i mean about spirits. if you were to remarry and then reunite in heaven you're basically not meeting them like a spouse... but rather meeting them in a different form. you'll not see male nor female, father nor mother, no colors or sorts... just spirits in their true form. what that's like is beyond me... it's just what i believe. no i'm not catholic. :)

Yea I guess that makes sense. I just don't like it so much bc I want to see them as they were. Like I always imagine seeing my grandpas again and stuff like that. But I guess I would know who they were by their spirit. I cannot grasp the idea of spirit though. So crazy. i wish one dead person would friken contact someone so we could validate this stuff already. :)
  • Options
    Yea I guess that makes sense. I just don't like it so much bc I want to see them as they were. Like I always imagine seeing my grandpas again and stuff like that. But I guess I would know who they were by their spirit. I cannot grasp the idea of spirit though. So crazy. i wish one dead person would friken contact someone so we could validate this stuff already. :)
    yeah it would be cool seeing them as they were... but what if your grandpa is a little boy? or you know... how will they look? if you married someone when they were slim and healthy but once they passed away they were fat and not such in a great shape as they were what shape will they be in when in heaven?

just my two cents....

i just believe that heaven is that wonderful place we'll go where everything just feels right. it would feel just as right as reuniting with all your loved one's, falling in love, or that good quasi feeling when you sleep, or when you're eating at a buffet, or having a party with all your friends. that's heaven to me.
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I didn't read the whole thread but I do think of these things from time to time. It puts things into perspective, but what really makes a difference is someone dieing for a cause. Wow.
    Happiness is only real when shared